main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC US politics thread intervention thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Oct 8, 2018.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Dear JCC,

It has come to my attention that there is collective sickness in the US politics thread.

After clicking onto the thread by accident earlier today, there appeared to be 37 unread pages of posts since I last accidentally clicked on the thread three days ago.

Each post was longer than the previous one, and they all seemed to be in violent agreement with each other about how much they hate Republicans, and people who agree with Republicans, and how the sky is falling down, and how they’re off to tell the king.

Occasionally one of the Democrats summons j-rod, who at some point makes his way over to the thread, pulls out his hypothetical penis, and urinates all over them like that fat dude in a toga at the end of that Frankie goes to Hollywood video. It really is the grossest thing I’ve ever seen. They seem to enjoy it.

The thread is just a repetitive pit of masochism, and I think if there was some way we could stage some intervention, or provide them with a self-exclude button like they have on gambling websites, we could help them to help themselves. If we just save one Democrat from this ordeal it will have been worth it.

Think about it, get back to me.

Peace.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Perfect summary.
    Btw. is there / will there be a thread where dozens of J-Rods summon a democrat who takes his "go-girl pee tool" and urinates on all the Trumpsters?

3. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Eww. I have no idea. This thread is merely the US politics thread intervention thread.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Hi, I'm VLM.

I used to participate quite frequently and even had my own politics related thread for some time, HERE

But no longer. No more derp. And though I still go into the Politics thread my participation rate is down at least 70%.

If I can do it so can you. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Darth Punk likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The thread is like a bees nest, which I like to poke with a stick now and again.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  6. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    We all like to go there for that delicious umami honey every once in a while, but how can we help our fallen comrades?

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It's election year. They'll calm down after the midterms.

Darth Punk likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I doubt they will calm down after midterm. As long as Trump is president and has access to twitter, no one will calm down.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This description made my morning. Thank you.

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Just cut your Twitter down to Funny Animal Videos, and your life will be happier and more fulfilling.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Things will be better when His Excellency returns. He will restore everything to its rightful place.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Cutting down on your US Politics thread usage is a simple two step process:
    1. Add boards.theforce.net###thread-50007263 to your AdBlock filter.
    2. There is no step two, unless you only browse on mobile in which case you're probably not reading that thread anyway it's a goddamn infinite wall of text on a phone screen like seriously what the hell y'all.

13. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    B-but I get all my up-to-the minute US politics news about things that will infuriate me from that thread! I don't want to have to sift through all the verbal diarrhea in Trump's twitter feed to find the absolute stinkiest turd, when the JCC will do it for me! How will I know which perverted wretch is being elevated to a position of great power unless I religiously read the US Politics thread?

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Look, folks. There's an art thread, a music thread, to picture threads, superhero threads, Star Trek, just oodles of fun. Indulge and enjoy.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    You talking about @Lord Vivec?

16. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    All of US politics has been reduced to watching Trump board Air Force One with toilet paper stuck to his shoes. It's true there's nothing to discuss, yet few people have the strength of character to not watch.

17. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Not inaccurate :p

It's funny how things have changed since the unified Senate thread of 2001-03 I used to frequent. As a Gaullist, I was too far to the left to avoid regular mobbings there. Today the gestalt is clearly on my left :p

18. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It's always amusing to see posts decring endless, meaningless arguments that repeat without resolution on a site dedicated to discussing Star Wars.

:p

bluealien1 likes this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The problem is that both in public policy discussions and as individuals in private debates, Republicans simultaneously concede things are indefensible but then just reiterate their continued support. How does one “discuss” that?

Yodaminch and Rylo Ken like this.
  20. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    And here I thought Star Wars isn't allowed in these parts :p

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It is if you acknowledge that Star Wars is terrible.

FatBurt and Diggy like this.
  22. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Terrible is a dangerous word, it has multiple meanings, as well as a few different ones in my native language :p

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They're completely different, one is a nihilistic and endless parade of a heady mixture of self-aggrandizement and despair twisted into a masochistic exercise in self-abuse by a vicious status quo, and the other is political debate.

Rylo Ken, SuperWatto and blackmyron like this.
  24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I've participated in debates about ship sizes that have put the recent discussions on Kavanaugh to shame.

And yes, that's sad. :p

25. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I really ought to start a thread extolling how politeness is, in fact, an exquisitely efficient tool of the Dark Side.

3sm1r likes this.