main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo User Reviews/Reactions for Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 22, 2018.

?

Did you like Solo: A Star Wars Story?

1. Yes

89.5%
  2. No

10.5%
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I felt Rio was the heart of Beckett's crew. My kid loved him and was pretty sad when he bought it.

2. Italian Ackbar

Italian Ackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2015
    I really like the fact that Han wanted to go back to Corellia, a planet where nobody would ever return. It reminds me of the dialogue about Jakku between Han and Rey (Han in this movie said also that He stayed out of the planet for too long). That adds more depth to his relationship with Rey in Episode 7. Now that look that He gives her on the Falcon when they go to Maz's castle has a new meaning to me.

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  3. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Ah, yeah, I forgot about him wanting to go back to Corellia.

4. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    i bet when han was on endor, he was thinking "ive never seen so much green"

Ridley Solo and Satipo like this.
  5. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Loved it, everything about it!

Its late and I'm going to bed. Happy.

Seeing it again Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    L3 was okay. Not my favorite droid or anything though.

7. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Frankly, I would have also done without the explanation for why he says "Chewie" instead of "Chewbacca". Seemed already quite self-explanatory to me.

8. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I liked that aspect of it, for sure. How about this, I wouldn't have explained his name, but I think they did it well.

With stuff like this, and even my Solo nitpick above, I think it's always worthwhile thinking "if I watched Solo first and this was just the first time meeting these characters, would anything stick out as out of place" and I would say the answer to that - for me anyway - is no.

In that context, an alien giving his long name and our hero shortening it for ease is a fairly innocuous tope. And had Han Solo not been a name since 1977, and we saw an orphan adopting an enforced Moniker, I would have no issue for it.

Like if TFA was a prequel to Finn's later adventures, I'm sure you'd get nitpickers like me complaining that we didn't need an explanation for his name. Or if Rey takes on a moniker, people won't act like it's fan service, they'll just accept it as part of the storytelling.

BTW, have the complaints about Han's piloting and Wookiee language skills led to accusations of him being a Gary Sue yet? Because we now have a great analogue for the double standard hurled at Rey because she's a woman.

9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I think I would have found it a pretty smart idea for providing his name's origin. On the other hand, I wasn't particularly interested in a justification for the use of "Chewie". But ok, that's nitpicking indeed.
    i guess I feel like complaining since in general I didn't find the dialogues very entertaining in the movie, with few good exceptions.

10. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    BTW, the RT audience score is now up and it's currently at 59%.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

DNateos likes this.
  11. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ??
    It was 63% 5 hrs ago.

12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Wow I just got back from Solo & I was blown away - didn't expect it to be that good ,

Fast paced , gritty , funny , great cgi , great chases & cool battle scenes ,

The cast was truly excellent ! Alden nailed it & really played a young Solo perfectly & Donald Glover really stole it , Chewbacca was excellent as well ,
    I quite liked Emilia too ..........rating of course 10/10..........

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD !!!!! SKIP PAST IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN SOLO !!!!
    DARTH MAUL .....I was totally blown away ..................

Son of Sith, Trikuza23 and Satipo like this.
  13. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    RT is so unreliable and inaccurate now though --both from critics and the audience --the RT scores are meaningless.

The audience scores are easily bombed manipulated. The critic scores demonstrate group think and professional/peer pressure.

Ultimately, I won't care about ratings or even box office numbers. I'll care about whether or not I'll feel like popping in the blu ray and kicking back with it again.

By that measure, Solo is a slam dunk. This one will be a movie I'll rewatch a lot. Charming and very fun....I'll still like watching this 10 or 20 years from now.

14. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm already really looking forward to the Blu for this one (partly because I want to crank up the brightness).

15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think RT proves a point though - "seriously" a so called group is anti Disney Star Wars & is tanking the audience score !!!

It's totally absurd that Solo has an audience rating of 58% !!! the movie is no where near that level & is more a 70% plus - believe me :)

Darth_Voider, Satipo and Trikuza23 like this.
  16. Vorennaal

Vorennaal Jedi Knight

Oct 9, 2010
    Everyone say “bye” to this guy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
    Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  17. Herald of Mandos

Herald of Mandos Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 1, 2018
    *gets popcorn*

18. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    [​IMG]

19. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Did you get bored posting on Rotten Tomatoes??

20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    And IGNORE.

If the OT were released today the Soylo morons would be outraged at the SJW agenda. It's pathetic. Get a grip and get over it.

TK327, Trikuza23, Bor Mullet and 4 others like this.
  21. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    You realise that the virtue of it being pro-democratic and pro-diversity (which the OT undoubtedly was) means it's taking a stance? There are people who don't believe in those things in this world. SW has universal messages. It also has specific one's that Lucas believed it.

In those many times you watched the films did you have a problem with the heterosexual relationships, or do you only dislike non-heterosexual relationships being represented?

What are Lucas's political opinions and were those opinions displayed in his films?

Outsourced likes this.
  22. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I love how threatened the soylos are by a change in societal shifts.

"Oh no, our values are being threatened!" By what, I'm not sure.

23. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I must be old, I have no idea what any of these terms mean.......... Soylo, SJW amongst others..........Whats wrong with enjoying the film thats presented instead of tyring to force yourself to see some kind of perceived agenda that going on. I don't get it and I don't see it.

Its a good fun SW film.

zackm, DNateos and Satipo like this.
  24. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    "real values" "moral compass"....i know the kind of people who talk like that and i'm gonna be honest by saying i dont appreciate them a lot.

I believe in free speech so...do as you please...

Can we have a list of the official morally right movies? I wouldnt want to be perverted by free-thinking.

Mungo Baobab and Satipo like this.
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    These debates only bog down the forums. They’re not worth our time. Solo is a great movie. Let’s discuss that.