main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V: The Visitors

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Espaldapalabras, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Also, brutally murdering Santa Claus in front of a bunch of pre-schoolers. And maybe some anal probing.

In all seriousness, since there's no readily available proof that the V have done anything wrong, there's not much that the 5th can say. There are some people who recognize that the pattern of V actions indicates motives other than those that they profess, but even they have no proof that the V are doing anything wrong - only indications that there's something shifty going on. For the 5th Column to even start to prove anything they'd have to admit some of what they were doing, or the V who are members of the 5th would have to come forth. And even if the V resistance came forward, Anna would say that they're the terrorists, they're the ones that don't want peace and harmony, and a large part of the human populace would believe her.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm not just talking publicly, though- just like, for example, the guy they were interrogating. He challenged them to name something bad they'd done. Perhaps if they had rattled things off, he might have been able to be convinced to reveal the info through other means other than letting him be tortured/killed.

3. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Why don't they just volunteer one of the V resistance to remove part of the human skin disguise and get it videotaped ... and send it viral on the internet / youtube / TV stations, etc.

It would prove that the V have been lying from day 1 of who they truly are. If they are lying about that, what else are they lying about???

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    My kids were talking loud the moment Ryan was talking about the Soilder and he said "Im not one, Im a?" Did he say Runner?

5. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    He said "I'm not a soldier. Visitor soldiers are bred for fighting. I was bred for work."

6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ah. Thanks Kam.

So what is everyones feelings about Chad Decker?

7. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    I think he is a bit mentally unbalanced. Especially after his brother was lost, and after too many parties with only five people.

8. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    The reporter? the guy is either sitting on the fence of both parties, or playing both sides for himself. either way he is crazy. As the African politician relayed to him, if the V's are only visitors why are they accumilating power?

More improtantly do the Upper echilons of the governements of the world see this?

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Well, I've caught up with the show. Easy way to figure out who's going to be killed off or otherwise eliminated? They're Guest Stars. Anyhow, Lisa continues to be my favorite character, with Erica slowly getting better as the series goes on. I'm kind of curious as to how the series would be if it focused more on the Erica/Tyler/Lisa/Anna square, with fewer plots involving the other characters. This show really doesn't feel built to handle an ensemble cast.

The first season is almost over, and my guess at this point is: the biological weapon will be finished, and used by Joshua at the cost of his own life to destroy the V army. Lisa will be revealed as a lizard to Tyler, and will join the Fifth Column; Tyler will reject her but Erica won't. Anna will have a fight with Jack and Ryan, and will be killed on international television. The season will end with the Fifth Column (including Lisa) going into hiding, and the second wave of the fleet arriving in orbit under the command of Anna's sister, Diana.

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The guest starring thing is pretty solid for most shows. Sharon Stone has been a guest star on Law and Order this season and next week someone dies. I bet it is her.

But going back to V I really hope they do try and clean up some loose ends and make the show work for the cast. I really want the show to work but it doesn't have the same feel as the original.

11. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I thought the finale was interesting. Did we ever find out exactly what Red Sky is/does?

I found Anna's breakdown very interesting; I was slowing getting a smile as a realized what was happening.

It was depressing seeing Val killed.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Damn, I didn't realize that was the season finale. Was about to say it was a good episode- the Anna/emotions thing was a great scene, as was the Red Sky visual.

13. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I've heard that season two won't be until November or March of next year[face_beatup]

14. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    Haven't seen this episode yet.

Does Red Sky = Red Dust?

15. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    I was disappointed with the Finale.

Dislikes:
    Val was found all too easy after they went through so much to hide her. Why would Ryan, who is a traitor to his species leave her alone for a second during child birth when he was gung-ho enough to basically walk into Anna's arms. Is it me or is security into Anna's dissection room really lacking? I see taking Joshua's assistant as he actually was sending a message but they seemed to just assume that Joshua was in on it even though he shot down Decker's message. And the message plan made no sense in the first place. I dislike Tyler's character, he is way too whiny to have a hot gf (that's just personal bias though)

Anna's emotional freakout was a very good scene, especially when coupled with the look on Marcus' face. Couple that with her response of unleashing 'Red Sky' which must be their version of a scroched earth attack (even though we really don't know what it does).

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I had the impression that red sky might be some form of terraforming- making it for habitable to V's. You'll note most of their personal data screens and non-public areas of the ship tend to be red lights.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I figured it might just be a way for the V to see easier. In the original series they needed to wear glasses so maybe now that they are going to invade they can just be comfortable.

18. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    In addition to Marcus, the very sly smile on Lisa's face was also a nice touch.

19. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    What was the whole thing with the V 5th Column Doctor Dude addressing Lisa as "My Queen"?

Do you think this will eventually be set up as a conflict between Mother & Daughter?

Or is Lisa really a male, dressing as a female, and the Dr. is calling her a Queen? Boy, if that is the case, Tyler is sure in for a suprise!

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I would guess that the 5th Column see her as the rightful queen since she helped them succeed in killing the babies and siding with them.

21. violent-poetry

violent-poetry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2010
    i have been following this show since it started. i have been a long time fan of the series, and i quite like this reworking. i do also love the original series, ha ha diana was awesome so scary. anna is not as scary as she is. and i agree, i am sure that the 5th column does not want to cause panic or whatever and keep things under wraps, but they could easily expose the visitors, play to people's prejudices. the masses would turn on the Vs. but they have more fire power and are more advanced than the humans'. maybe that is why stealth is being used by the column so that anna is caught unawares. it will be tough though, because she overreacted to the situation with her soldier's and thoughtlessly sent the signal. i don't want to spoil it for anyone, but those who saw the finale know what i mean.

22. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    The V fifth column is just biding its time to take over from Anna and institute its own more controllable queen who does its bidding. Marcus is the puppet master and the real power. Just wait till he pulls all the right strings and those who are loyal to V will survive but those loyal to humans will mysteriously perish by the hand of Anna.

23. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    If the fifth column eventual plan to remove Anna from leadership and acknowlede the crown princess as a member of their movement then it makes sense to call her 'my' queen. This is assuming that the caste system includes a royalty caste to go along with soldiers, workers, etc. At least that is how I took it.

24. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    Time for a sexual revolution amongst the V's, and end the discrimination ... it is time to overthrow Anna, and install a KING! :)

25. violent-poetry

violent-poetry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2010
    yeah i did wonder about that whole my queen thing and well what will become of the good doctor i wonder, and what does anna's creepy lackey have to do with it all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.