main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Vacation]So I'm gonna be in Cali for three weeks starting March 16th

Discussion in 'Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Jan 28, 2012.

1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Absolutely not. I want to have the time to actually do things without being stopped constantly. Maybe someday, but not now. Especially since I've never been to WonderCon before.

We can figure out a time and place to meet within the next few days, if you like. I won't have a way to communicate online from Thursday night onwards, but we could figure something out before then, surely.

2. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    meh, Seaworld is a little overpriced IMHO.

If you come down to San Diego check out Balboa Park and the Zoo(or better yet the Wild Animal Park)

I think the San Diego Symphony might still be in season too.

3. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Haha, you figure out the place. I don't know anything about the convention. I don't think that we'll be there until a little after noon though. We have some things to do in the morning before coming that way.

I didn't see anything on the San Diego Symphony's calendar that I was really interested in seeing when I pursued it last month, so I went with the LA Philharmonic. Those tickets were darned expensive. :(

Evil.

4. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I like drinking, and have a semi-flexible schedule.

5. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    What are you doing Friday night?

Evil.

6. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    About to board my plane. I'm pretty stoked for this trip now. I guess I'll see some of you soon.

Evil.

7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Damn, my bad man. Just saw this. :(

8. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    It's aight man, I'll be in the area all week. ;)

I'm going to be staying at a motel 6 in palmdale tonight, and I have something planned on wednesday, but other than that I'm pretty free.

Evil.

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I resemble that remark. Though a bunch of stuff is under construction/shut down right now, so it's not the best time to come.

How'd you like WonderCon?

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Palmdale, eh? Porter Ranch would be on the way down if/when you make your way into L.A., so if you happen to stop by a Wally World.............

:p

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

11. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Someone told me that Sea World is free for military. If that's true, I may end up checking it out anyway.

Wonder Con was pretty sweet, and I'm impressed that I was able to contain my spending to under $100 there. It's a good thing I was only there for half a day. :p Oh, and I met up with MrZap as well. We walked around and looked at stuff for quite a while, but my female companions grew weary and we decided to leave.

Tunick, I'm heading up to San Fran in the morning. But I can probably stop by on my way back wednesday afternoon. ;)

Evil.

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, SeaWorld gives any military past or present up to 4 free 1-day passes.

http://www.herosalute.com/

If you DO do SeaWorld, I'd recommend March 31/April 1 since that's the beginning of Spring into Nights where the park's open longer and our nighttime shows are going (which are way better than the day shows).