main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Vaccinations/Anti-Vaxxers Discussion (formerly: Measles outbreak at Disneyland)

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Jan 25, 2015.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Those who think the vaccines are bad now look like idiots. They are being forced to stay home from schools and probably are becoming the pariahs that should have been a long time ago. Honestly the worse thing about measles outbreak is that a large number of children sick are younger kids under the age of one. They are not allowed to get the vaccination due to age. And the clusters of parents not getting the vaccinations are they some poor souls who fear the devil? No surprisingly, the number of poor kids without the vaccine are .02 percent. The number of rich kids whose parents believe in hype and stupidity, 8 percent. Now the worse thing is there are some older kids who couldn't get it because of reactions to any vaccine. Ok fine, they have good reason. But its the weird propaganda spouting parents that think vaccines are bad and they cause autism. Seriously they should all be sued and should have their kids taken away and vaccinated if they won't comply. oh and guess what if you were vaccinated between 1959 and 1971 your vaccine may not completely effective. But a simple blood test can prove it. That's how several Disney employees got sick as well. They didn't know the vaccine was ineffective.

Drun Pulsar likes this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's the written equivalent of really terrible jazz, it really is.

harpua and Darth Punk like this.
  3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    It's one of them moments where there is a great message hidden in the detritus of badly written words

Diggy likes this.
  4. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Holy ****, I actually agree with boozel on something.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Cushy doesn't like them and doesn't make me stupid. :p People do have reasons for not doing things you know.

6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I went there once. It was pretty poxy then.

Diggy likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Indeed.

I would guess that people in third-world countries, or people who lived here 100 years ago, would be thankful for the protections that we have.

The "there are bad ingredients preserving my kids' vaccines!" complaints belong in the first-world problems thread. We are the only ones spoiled enough to give that kind of complaint any thought.

Juliet316, EHT and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  8. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    The only reason you don't get your kid vaccinated is because the are allergic or to young. That is all. Nothing else. Any other reason is horse crap. You need to get off the internet and start understanding that if you want to be stupid and ignorant then its the children of your peers that you are effecting. You are a public nuisance and a danger to society. You deserve no rights. Your children should not be allowed to attend public school, come to a public hospital, attend any function or any public place where newborns will be present.

Point Given likes this.
  9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    aaaaaaaaaaaand Beez returns

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Oh and NY state is one of those enlightened states that will not let your kid attend public school without vaccines.

Hippiefornia obviously doesn't give a damn about the public.

11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    My grandad didn't fight the Germans so that I'd not be allowed a choice in how I raise his great grandkids

Diggy likes this.
  12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The only legitimate reason for not wanting you or your child to be vaccinated is medical. Any other reason (religious, ani-vax in general) is grossly irresponsible and dangerous to society at large. Yes I would call those reasons stupid.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    B-b-but having a child with autism is worse than them actually dying!

MrZAP likes this.
  14. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    If the Germans had the measles vaccine before the war you would have seen a mass campaign by Hitler to only inoculate the Aryan Germans. The jews and everyone else would not get it. In fact they would have been the target of Measles outbreak by the Nazi party so as to kill off the Jews earlier on without getting accused of genocide.

No your grandfather fought for equal protection for all people. And the only way that protection exists is if everyone gets the vaccine at the age of 1. Otherwise they remain a public health threat.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And vaccines really do cause autism! Movie stars said so, and they know more than doctors!

Lady Mary, Diggy , EHT and 2 others like this.
  16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    What's the story? Were people knowingly taking infected kids to Disneyland? If so, that's pretty buckled. If it's an accidental breakout, I don't see a problem. **** happens, invest in a strutter bubble

Diggy likes this.
  17. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  18. beezel26

May 11, 2003
  19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    This may be the first time I've ever seen somebody Godwin their own thread.

20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I can't like that enough

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
  23. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I have a question, anyone actually meet a person who believes the autism theory of vaccines and didn't get their kids vaccinated?

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think shurging might be a symptom of mumps.

harpua, EHT, KnightWriter and 5 others like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've met a few. They were also homeschooling anti-government conspiracy theorists.