main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Looks pretty interesting, connecting with the Vader Castle arc from the comic!

Some things that came to mind seeing it:

- That Admiral looks like a cross between Trachta and Tremayne. Looks great for a man in charge of Vader´s military forces in Mustafar.
    - I missed Vanée somewhat. Hopefully he can show up in the next parts.
    - Weren´t the Inquisitors meant to be stationed in Mustafar? If so, either they are all gone and this is quite close to ANH, or Vader is keeping all of this pretty close to his chest.
    - Agreed completely on the droid being on the vein of L3-37.

All in all, I imagine this must be an amazing experience, to actually play it. The saber training looks like great fun and the story is quite engaging. The more intriguing/interesting part for me of the whole thing was that strange individual talking with Vader. Its an unknown character, or did I miss some reference?

My first thought was that this could be a sort of treacherous shaman like mustafarian figure. I'm not so sure it could be Momin, seeing that the castle is completed. Until confirmed otherwise, thats the Constable of Homunculi to me. :)

Jarrus likes this.
  2. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    So Vader's still trying to bring Padmé back from the dead here, post-Fortress Vader. Not sure how well that works considering how the comic wrapped up his arc, but it's interesting all the same. And a great look at Mustafar-as-was. ZOE suggests the temple is pre-Republic, but also speculates something like "3000 cycles old". Wouldn't a cycle be a standard year? That's nowhere near pre-Republic.

3. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Zoe is annoying but I guess its because the player character doesn't talk and you need someone to explain stuff to you other then Vader.

I got major Mortis arc/ Oz and Salem's backstory from rwby feels when they did the flashback to explain Lady Corvax

and its def Momin Vader is talking too or MAYBE ITS SNOKE ROFL
    it also seems Vader replays some scene of padme telling him something (maybe that she's pregnant )

4. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Yes, we hear Padmé telling Anakin she's pregnant in ROTS (though how the player hears it, who knows).

Where are we getting Momin from? He'd be dead by this point; the castle's finished.

5. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    the helmet still had a corrupting influence in the lando comic so the voice we hear now could be momin poesssing another body

6. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Thing is, Momin betrayed Vader... and was fairly repaid for it, with Vader slowly crushing him to death with a huge rock, if I remember correctly. Vader is hardly one to give second chances, so its difficult to see anyone donning the helmet right now, seeing that all of them, even the lava flea, haha, were forced into it by Vader himself.

Besides, the being he was speaking with wasn't even there, he was an hologram, right?

Darth_Pevra and Jarrus like this.
  7. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    yeah thats true and yeah they seemed like they were a hologram or atleast could teleport .

8. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

Wait wait wait dark old Tremayne-lookalike you say???? I hear Jedi: Fallen Order connect to his heavily now as a prequel to said character... hehehe...

Ithorians likes this.
  9. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I need Vader Immortal episode 2 right NOW! When approximately will it come?

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It looks pretty cool, but I feel very confused by it all. I thought Vader was over Padme´ now and has accepted that she would never follow him on his dark path? Why exactly would he want to bring her back now? Or maybe it is not about Padme but rather what she carried in her belly... that would make a lot of sense.

The creators of this game must be aware of the comic as it covers pretty much the same ground the game covers. So both pieces of media should fit together hopefully.

The dark voice really could be anyone except Momin, because he's supposedly gone. My guess would be Plagueis who wants revenge on his death by Palpatine, but we'll see.

Ithorians likes this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I fixed the contrast and took screenshots:

-The face is fake, even in the scene; from 1:36 onward there are a few moments it becomes really clear, and it's a wavering blue mass. So it's obscured in-universe, or they obscured it for this demo. Sometimes it almost seems he has a face, but I think that's just me finding figures in the clouds. There's a chance it could be like the Project Cinder Palpatine holos in the masks.

-Just so we get it out right now: He doesn't have Muun hands. They have a stunted fifth finger, and this fellow has normal human hands. But some of the comics have been known to mess that feature up on the Muuns, so it might not mean anything. Or, if he's Plagueis, he might not be a Muun anymore.

-He's shorter than Vader, and hunched like Snoke and Palps. But height might not mean anything because he's a holo.

-Pretty sure he's Cronal guys. Pretty. Sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

darthcaedus1138 and Ithorians like this.
  13. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    It'll be a new character who'll figure into the following chapters -- in the same way the half-mech officer isn't Tremayne or Trachta. They're not going to use up their Snoke Backstory token (or their He's Actually Darth Plagueis token) on a VR game only a tiny fraction of the audience is going to play, let alone be aware of.

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Neither Snoke nor Plagueis are important characters. Plagueis is unknown to most in the audience and Snoke turned out not to be all that great in TLJ. So it wouldn't be an issue to use either of them imo.

It could, however, simply be a new character. Maybe a female darksider for once??? Please pretty please, I want a female darksider who's actually competent.

15. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Hahaha, he is, he is! There are new posters from this series, and this guy was the most interesting reveal for me as the Black Bishop (waits for chess joke...) He does have a sort of "canon version of Cronal" vibe out of him, right? could he be a sort of minister/high ranking individual within the Empire?

[​IMG]

His relationship with Vader and role in the story is the most intriguing aspect for me of the whole game until now...

16. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Yeah, I didn't care a lick about this until I saw the Black Bishop. I'm a sucker for Force lore and new and interesting looking baddies.

MikeWW likes this.
  17. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    What a beautiful outfit. Wonder if he hangs out at the Imperial Court.

MikeWW likes this.
  18. MikeWW

MikeWW Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2019
    Also the title. Immortality is kind of the ultimate thing in Star Wars these days. I thought it was a generic "cool" word till I thought about it a little.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, I've been sort of torn on the plot of this game. The Vader-Padme obsession has been done to death (no pun intended), and it's making Vader look like a total loser. We know it doesn't go anywhere.

Then again, everything else I've seen from this game is phenomenal. You play as the descendant of the person who destroyed Mustafar years ago and explore the planet. That's pretty original. And the gameplay itself looks rad. I'm seriously tempted to get a VR set just for this.

20. MikeWW

Feb 20, 2019
    It hasn't really been done WELL though. Soule was on track, but that last issue was a nothing burger IMO.

David Goyer actually has a good idea from time to time so this might be the Padme obsession story that actually feels powerful.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

From the Vader immortal panel

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2019
    Barriss_Coffee and MikeWW like this.
  22. MikeWW

Feb 20, 2019
    Interesting about the comic connection. That ending didn't feel very end-y, so this is good news.

23. MikeWW

Feb 20, 2019
    Also this COULD explain Snoke's Mustafar ring.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Cool to see we are going to see the Sith tomb underneath Vader's castle.

25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    So there is a shirne under the castle. Also any talk about the super sword or something like that?