main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Vehicles/Tech in the Han Solo Movie

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Where the magic happens

[​IMG]

2. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I've just bought that and made it. Its a great lego piece, and I love the look of it.

3. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Are the model spacecraft (Hot Wheels, Hasbro?) from the Solo movie already available in the USA? Because other than LEGO stuff, we don’t have anything here in Malaysia and even Singapore... ☹️

But I heard that the actual Wookie Weekend is this Saturday and Sunday, when the goodies start going on sale... If true, I have to be on the lookout for the new stuff next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I know the subforum says spoilers allowed, but I still feel like this should be tagged, it's a picture of the Falcon from the recent 30 second 'Ride' TV Spot

[​IMG]

5. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Ah, I’m guessing that this must be later in the movie, when the Falcon has ditched her “nose cover” for reasons yet to be revealed... Perhaps, that’s where Beckett or Qi’Ra make their getaway while Han and Chewie head elsewhere?

Sent from MillenniumFalcon.888 operating system

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The beginnings of the decline of the Falcon;

[​IMG]

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Ha! Where’s that from?

8. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Haha. Thanks! Instant classic line from Lando:

"Woah, that's my cape!"

10. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    "...that's a custom piece!"

11. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The new wider Tie Fighters have my interest. I wonder what they are called? Do we know how many years before ANH this movie takes place? I know there will be two different answers as Han is shown very young on Corellia. His Landspeeder is a great design. I need to open that 3.75 one I have at home. As for the Falcon, the new design fits into what we always pictured it would look like from the EU and lines from ANH. I would like Han to win the ship a lot earlier in the movie so we can see him navigate on an adventure as his own ship. From some of the clips we'v seen, this appears so. I also predict we get to see Slave I at some point.

12. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012

TIE Heavy Starfighter, if it's the one I think you're meaning.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  13. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    These will show up in X-WIng Miniatures V2.0 for sure. Awesome.

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I LOVE Han's speeder.

15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I loved the design of Dryden Vos's yatch.

Simple and Star Warsy. And external elevator as well.

16. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    What ships are shown on the T-shirt shown at 0:06 in this video? The first time I saw the shirt, I liked it, and wondered where these ship would fit into the film. I didn't see the ships until spotting them on Lando's shirt when they're playing sabacc on the tropical planet. I'm hoping Disney produces a replica of that Lando shirt. I still can't find where to purchase the shirt in the video. Any ideas?

17. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    Assuming we can also discuss weapons in this thread —

I’m sort of obsessed with the idea that the DL-44 can have components added to it that make it into a sniper-rifle. It’s the kind of thing that I thought that I’d hate, but it finally makes sense of that giant scope Han had on his blaster all these years. If anyone has seen any other pics of the blaster in the sniper configuration, then please share them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Apparently it's made by the same company that made Satine's yacht from Clone Wars.

Same design language, really tall.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  19. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    I found it very interesting that they showed Beckett converting the gun into a pistol. Han's blaster is based on the real Mauser C96, nicknamed the 'broomhandle' Mauser, which could also be used like a rifle with the addition of a stock and possibly a longer barrel.

[​IMG]

So it's funny to think that Han's blaster could have had that function all along, but this is the first time anyone thought of showing it.

whostheBossk, Sarge and ABH1979 like this.
  20. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I really liked the new Walker-lander, it reminded me a lot of the U-wing, but a more heavy variant. I liked the exposed walkway underneath. I hereby dub it the H-wing.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Also looking at the design more closely, it also resembles an AT-AT, with a similar cockpit and swivel bolts.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  21. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It wasn't seen in the film, but mentioned briefly when Han was on Corellia, the AV-21. If you played Star Wars Galaxies (or still play the emulator) then you knew what Han was referring to. If not, see the photo below. This was considered to be a high end luxury item in SWG and some of the EU lore, something which totally fits in with Han's line about stealing them.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and ABH1979 like this.
  22. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    It's a carbine, they did a similar thing with Cassian's blaster in R1 but that was purely for the film. Jyn's blaster was based on an P08 Luger, which also had a version with a shoulder stock.

[​IMG]

May be they used this version as inspiration for Jyn's sniper rifle?
    [​IMG]

Sarge and ABH1979 like this.
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    So what exactly was the point of the Falcon's escape craft? (Other than to create a different look for Solo toys). That was a most disappointing thing about the movie for me.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Err... presumably to escape in?

In any case, they used to keep from being eaten.

vncredleader likes this.
  25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I was looking forward to seeing the Imperial Arrestor on the big screen. Maybe it will be included in the deleted scenes.
    I'm reading The Art of, and costume designer Glyn Dillon is to be thanked for the design of Lando's tropical shirt at the end of the film. He found inspiration for the shirt's design while going through the Art of Ralph McQuarrie book, and seeing the ship that's now featured in the print of Lando's ship.

whostheBossk and DaddlerTheDalek like this.