main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Vehicles/Tech in the Han Solo Movie

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Mar 28, 2017.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I like that freighter-pusher idea.
    The truth is that the Falcon just isn't well designed to be a freighter. A freighter needs a place to put stuff.

Wasn't the original plan that the Millenium Falcon and Tantive IV were supposed to be swapped? The Tantive was the freighter?

2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Something like that.
    [​IMG]

3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Yeah thats the model used in RotS I believe. You can't see the colour blue but you can make out the same dark patterns on the top and left edge of the hull. Especially the dark triangular section at the rear.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Corellian Blue like this.
  4. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Not a fan of those decals. Hope they go with something simpler.

Avnar likes this.
  5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    A classic bit of PT overdesign

6. Tristan the Trilobite

Tristan the Trilobite Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2017
    Overdesign? Flying through galactic capitals ain't like dusting crops, boy! :falcon:

7. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Yeah. Looks more like concept art for a subpar video game.

8. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002

Never saw that before. Really cool. Looks like a stock paint job before the Falcon began receiving its various custom modifications. I'd love something similar for the Solo movie.

dekaneas and my kind of scum like this.
  9. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I hope the design team on Han Solo has the good sense to pare some of that look back.

10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hmm, looks like a rather subtle variation to me. Not too much to pare back. Although I'd be down with a significant change in overall color scheme as well. Total blue out? Bring it on.

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

It really should depend on what the Falcon is used for at the time. If it is a freighter then it makes sense to be coloured in the company's brand colours and logo just like our cargo aircraft. We know Lando likes the colour blue and looking good, so it could be his company logo and colours.
    In the 90's I always thought Lando would have had a smart paint job on the Lady Luck, and I was disappointed when I saw pictures of it bland and unpainted.

Edit: Just noticed that the gold colour of the logo on that model is also the same colour as the inside of Lando's Bespin cloak.

my kind of scum and MrDarth0 like this.
  12. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Wasn't Lando just a scoundrel like Han though? Han was surprised to see him dressed up and responsible.

13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I think one of the primary design considerations should be to not over-design. I get the possible in-universe rationale for it, as you've described, but if that rationale conflicts with how good something looks, I think design considerations should win out.

Personally, I would either paint the entire Falcon another color, or just give it one stripe. That circular interior blue stripe, for example. That's enough. No need to outline the whole Falcon in that. And visually, I think the gold-accented one looks best.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I like that design. I certainly don't think it looks over-designed. To me it looks like a freighter, with a company paint job.

15. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Just one stripe right down the middle, or slightly off to the left or right of the middle, would look cooler, IMO. Or just a circular one, like this:

[​IMG]

moxlox likes this.
  16. Tristan the Trilobite

Tristan the Trilobite Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2017
    I personally prefer the blue paintjob/decals with occasional dots of red as "seen" in Sith. This also is in line with the Falcon paint job on McQuarries original designs (see an example above), when the Falocn was the Tantive IV but deemed too close to the Eagles-ships (from Space 1999). Allegedly, someone had to bite into a humburger so that Lucas could envision the classic Falcon design.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I'd be open to a blue version of the above photo I posted. I think it's important not to make the Falcon more busy with an overly complicated paint job. Just a stripe or two of paint will do the trick.

Avnar likes this.
  18. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    This just reminded me, when I was a kid my friend painted his Kenner Millennium Falcon entirely matt black to stop the other kids in the street stealing it (everyone raced around the streets with their Star Wars figures and ships). Looked dead cool!

Now that's a memory I've not had in a long time.....

19. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i don't think it looks over-designed. I would be fine with this as the early millenium falcon before Han modifies it and before it has seen its share of space troubles :)

my kind of scum likes this.
  20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Ah, just like the Falcon in the NJO books.

moxlox and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Absolutely!!

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  22. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I personally love that blue design for the falcon. Been wanting to paint up a Hasbro falcon in that design for years. It was the exact design that I thought of when the MSW report came out.

dekaneas and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I think I'd be more excited about this film if turned out to be called.....The Millennium Falcon: A Star Wars Story.

24. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    What A Piece Of Junk: A Star Wars Story.

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Apart from all the obvious changes they will have to make to get the Falcon back to the ANH version I would like to see more (backwards) changes on top. Things that Han picks up on that aren't up to his standards, he mentions them, and we see the result of those upgrades in ANH.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.