main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Vengeance Is Mine

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Winged_Jedi, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Vengeance Is Mine

Introduction

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/25/Theed_at_sunset.jpg]

"...of these tales and tragedies, the most famous is the tale of the Damasca children, and their violent quest for retribution.

It began with an unlikely marriage, in the year 301 BBY. Melissa Eden, a young and talented Jedi Knight, had been sent on a mission to recover a stolen Sith relic on the planet Iridonia. Her search for the thief led her to a criminal organisation headed by the charismatic gangster and former Mandalorian, Felix Damasca.

Their meeting had surprising consequences. The Sith relic was retrieved and returned to the safekeeping of the Order, but Eden and Damasca continued to see one another in secret. The pair fell in love, and they soon married. Intent on starting afresh without having to hide their love, Eden left the suffocating restraints of the Jedi Order, while Damasca put his life of crime behind him. They settled on Naboo, living in relative comfort, and raising six children over the next two decades.

And it was then that fate struck a cruel blow.

Not much is known of the day it happened. A group of thugs attacked the Damasca home with a brutal viciousness, leaving both Damasca and his wife dead, mutilating their corpses, and burning down the building. At first, it was presumed that the children had also been murdered, though their bodies were not found.

In time, it emerged that they had survived, and were embarking upon a vengeance that would shake the galaxy..."

-Darth Wyrrlok III, keeper of Sith lore

[b][u]Gameplay[/b][/u]

Welcome to the tragedy of the six scions of Damasca.

The game is very simple. You play one of these children, and as the story progresses (it will span several years) you will hunt down those responsible for the death of your parents. When you find them, you may choose to act like the Jedi your mother was, and hand them in to the authorities...or you may follow in your father's footsteps, and take a darker path. In the course of your journey you will accumulate power, wealth and prestige.

Of course it's not quite as straightforward as that! There are plenty of twists and turns and mysteries and revelations involved.

The game will also feature a simple [b]monetary system[/b]. You will earn credits over time, and will need to use them for most things (anything from paying for passage to another planet, to buying a drink in a cantina, to purchasing weapons for battle). This is designed to add a financial element to the game which will become more and more important as you grow in power and influence.

Which leads me on to your [b]retinue[/b]. As time passes, you will acquire your own personal following of droids, servants, mercenaries and pilots. How you use them is up to you. At first you may wish to play them as secondary characters, but by the end of the game you will have so many that you will see them more as resources to be sent off on missions and distributed here and there.

The main theme of this story, of course, is [b]Revenge[/b], and all its messy, murderous and often unpredictable consequences. [b]Family[/b] will also play a very significant role. As will [b]Destiny[/b].

[hr]

[b][u]Character Sheet[/b][/u]

Name: (remember that your surname will be Damasca)
    Race: (your parents are human, but I'm willing to allow other species as adopted children)
    Sex: (up to you, of course)
    Appearance: (Felix was white-haired, orange-eyed, tall and pale; Melissa was curly black-haired, brown-eyed, petite with brown skin)
    Force sensitive: (up to you)
    Skills: (any hobbies or talents that are appropriate to your age)
    Personality:

[hr]

[b][u]Notes[/b][/u]
    [b][color=red]
    1. PM all sheets to me.[/color][/b]

2. My posts as GM will be made in the form of an ongoing narrative by Darth Wyrrlok III (as demonstrated above). You do not need to alter your posting style in any way, please pla

2. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Oh, and if it wasn't clear above, I will only be accepting six players. I will wait a few days before making decisions.

3. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    And to clarify, the story will begin on the evening of your parents' deaths (sort of). Anyway, the age you put in your sheet is the age you are on the day your parents are killed.

4. Burning_Endor

Burning_Endor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2008
    OOC: I'm interested. I'll send in my CS tonight, once I'm out of school. :p

5. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Thank you to all who submitted a sheet. I have chosen my six players, they will be informed, and the game will begin shortly afterwards. We are now officially full.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Approved!

Name: Li Damasca
    Race: Human
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: Middling-coloured skin, hazel eyed, around 6'' in height
    Force sensitive: Yes
    Skills: A writer, more than anything, and is handy in a creative fashion, rather than with his hands, has a mind which see's angles, despite being overly fond of rules.

Personality: As a writer he has the mind of analyst, aiming to be in touch with his emotions yet deciphering them constantly. Thus he is remarkably adult but also remarkably childish at times, currently going through a belated teenage phase with moments of dark moodiness, as opposed to be morally rigid and taciturn; concealed anger is often displayed, to his irritation. He fits into very few concepts, which makes him feel apart and simultaneously lightly arrogant.

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    GM Approved!

Name: Raith Damasca.
    Race: Human.
    Sex: Male.
    Appearance: Tall and thin with pale skin. Possesses brown eyes and black hair.
    Force sensitive: No.
    Skills: A capable liar with a quick mind. Also moderately familiar with blaster and vibro weaponry.
    Personality: The second eldest of the six scions of Damasca, Raith takes after his father more than his mother. From an early age he developed a taste for the idea of living in the grey area of the law, if not on the wrong side outright. His curious mind quickly grew bored with quiet and peaceful ways of the native Naboo people, and he took every chance he could to pay visits to the planet's spaceports and resident outlanders. From his father's criminal past he only takes pride, considering it a mark of a skilled and powerful individual to be able to lead a band of cutthroats while evading capture by the forces of the law.

Having failed to inherit his mother's talent with the Force, Raith has developed something of a distrust towards Jedi and others who do have the ability, and does not take well to having his thoughts poked at or otherwise invaded by others. While not a cruel individual, he possesses a rather coldly self-centered view of life, passed down from his father's Mandalorian ways, and would not hesitate to steal from or injure others if his own well-being or his family's was at risk. Raith also disdains the idea of physical confrontation, preferring to talk or manipulate rather than fight.

8. Mango_Salsa

Mango_Salsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    GM Approved!

Name: Qira Damasca
    Sex: Female
    Appearance: As her mother, curly black-haired, brown-eyed, petite with brown skin
    Skills: Swoop driving, very agile (think Parkour, the activity of moving from point to point efficiently. Lots of running, jumping and rolling over obsticles, from heights, up and around walls, etc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour), quick-witted (able to BS effectively).
    Personality: Qira had been trained in secret by her mother in the ways of the Jedi, with the strict understanding that she was not to reveal this training to anyone, not even her father. When she was young it seemed like a game, but as she grew older and her mother told her of the reason she left the order, Qira began to understand more why she must keep her training hidden, for the Jedi Order seemed to teach that detatchment from family was one of its tenants, and Qira loved her mother, father, and siblings, and could not comprehend how leaving her family behind and forgoing love could be seen as serving the Force.

At the same time, Qira was a tomboy, and relished the rough-and-tumble exercises her father taught her. At the time, she didn't know it, but what he was really sharing with her were secrets to survival: hoe to hunt, how to fall, how to fight, and most of all, the fearlessness that he himself had always possessed.

9. Imperial_Onset

Imperial_Onset Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2008
    GM Approved!

Name: Peter (Pete) Damasca.
    Race: Human.
    Sex: Male.
    Appearance: Peter is about average height for his age (5'10") and has black-straight hair that he keeps buzzed for a clean look. His complexion is a light-brownish color and he tans very easily with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
    Force Sensitive: Yes, but he is unaware of his gift.
    Skills: Riding Speeders, Mechanic Skills, Artistic, Deep-Thinker.
    Personality: Peter is a very deep thinker, though he does not always think before he acts which has caused him a lot of trouble in the past. He has reached the point in his life where girls are looking far more attractive, and he has become very passionate towards the opposite sex. I guess it would be appropriate to call him a bit of a "player" as it would not be surprising to see him hitting on an attractive girl at any time no matter the circumstances. He spends a lot of his time just sitting around painting and repairing/riding his speeders. He has a "get-up-and-go" attitude and is a bit of a perfectionist which reflects on all of his work.

10. Mango_Salsa

Mar 15, 2006
    OOC: While we're waiting for the game to begin, why don't we begin building our relationships? For example, the GM told me I have a twin (who hasn't posted a character sheet yet, so I'll come back to that one).

Pete, it looks like you and I have both put riding in our background. With Qira being 6 years older, can we establish that they used to go riding together? With Qira being athletic and Pete not always thinking before he does something, maybe he's pushed himself a little beyond his abilities trying to keep up? Certainly Qira could defer to him when it comes to mechanics, as I hadn't considered giving her any real skill in that area. Maybe the two of them spent time after riding with Peter tinkering with the bikes and Qira keeping him company?

What else can we think of to help establish our familial bonds?

11. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Someone mentioned my character? <.<

GM Approved

Name: Susul Damasca (from susulur, meaning to hear, to listen)
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: Though having taken his mother's black hair, he received more traits from his father with his hair being straight rather then curly, orange eyes, and pale skin. Having liked reading, he still undertook some of the more rigorous, Mandalorian development of his father that had put muscle on his 5'9" frame. As for clothing he tends to wear simple clothes; boots, a tunic, pants, a belt, and at times a jacket. What he has as a keepsake that he now carries around with his parents' deaths, however, is a braid of hairs, a mix of white and black, that is usually found on his person but can be found as a marker for whatever book he may be reading.
    Skills: Susul has a talent with the Force that heightens his senses and perception to detect sensations and details ever since he was a child. Thus, Susul is gifted with a heightened sense of awareness, him being prone to noticing details that may be missed by others and his natural curiosity causing him to dissect and analyze these details for clues or just anything interesting, kind of like a detective. For a more normal hobby, Susul likes to read and, though unusual, prefers old-fashion books instead of datapads and holotexts. The texts themselves can be about anything that may be interesting to him, from written details of weaponry, histories, medical and psychological texts, or just fictional stories.
    Personality: Susul had been born as a relatively quiet child, not screaming or whining a lot like a child normally would. With his sensitivity to the Force and just natural curiosity, Susul was content to just usually sit around, experiencing the sensations that he could detect with the Force and from individuals like his other siblings, such as his twin sister Qira. That personality which had earned him his name didn't change over the years as Susul would usually be found alone, reading a book of whatever he felt like reading about but always willing to be a soundboard for his other siblings and help his parents when his assistance was needed. With his ever curious mind and heightened awareness, he likes to search for knowledge, drilling, dissecting, and analyzing information about...anything really, anything that may be interesting or gain him useful knowledge.

12. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    We're still waiting for one more player to post his sheet, then we begin. The roster looks like this:

Li Damasca-21-Sinrebirth
    Raith Damasca-20-The_Loyal_Imperial
    Qira Damasca-19-Mango Salsa
    Susul Damasca-19-Sarge221
    Danilo Damasca-16-sprintabm
    Peter Damasca-13-Imperial_Onset

In the meantime, I approve of Mango_Salsa's suggestion. Family plays a large role in this game, so anything you guys can do to make those ties closer would be of help.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    OOC: We could have a typical day, perhaps, when the parents are away. Li runs the house as the eldest between work, the riders are going out, Li and Susul bonding with the reading, etc. Sounds okay, Winged, everyone?

14. Mango_Salsa

Mar 15, 2006
    I'm fine with that!

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Sounds good to me.

16. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    GM Approved

Name: Danilo Damasca
    Race: human
    Sex: male
    Appearance: Brown skin and eyed and black hair like mother. Height closer to father, but not as tall as he was.
    Force sensitive: yes
    Skills: blaster marksmanship, unarmed self-defense, air and space craft piloting
    Personality: An active and happy person, especially when taking part in his activities. Loves his siblings, no matter how annoying they can be at times. Likes to provoke arguments with them, mostly in a joking manner just to irritate them for his amusement. Very much admires and loves his parents and does his best to be a good son.

He took up blaster marksmanship in his early teens and piloting air and space craft just recently at the encouragement of his father. He always has had a very strong interest in all things military: doctrine, tactics, tradition, culture, weapons, vehicles, technologies, etc., furthering his interest in his activities. While usually seen as carefree kid, when it comes to his activities and likes he becomes very serious about it, and rarely the serious streak comes out outside of his activities, only if the situation absolutely requires it.

Although inheriting his mother's sensitivity to the force, he is against using it as he feels it is cheating especially when it comes to enhancing his skills. He would rather have more confidence in his own physical self than in some "mystical" ability.

17. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    So we now have all our players. Sinre's suggestion of playing out a typical day echoes almost exactly an idea I had, except I'm not going to use it straightaway. As I mentioned, there will be a few flashbacks to the past, so when the first one arrives, you can use that opportunity to flesh out your familial bonds.

Alright, I'm going to set about working on my opening post, and then we begin!

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    [no message]

19. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    GM Announcement

So we begin. For various reasons, I'm reverting to a normal GM style instead of narrating through Wyyrlok, though he will pop up now and again to summarize certain events and introduce new ones (as he does below, in a brief prologue).

?Felix Damasca may have retired from his life of violence, but the brutish skills of a Mandalorian never fade away entirely. Similarly, Melissa Eden was no longer a Jedi, but in combat her movements were still fueled by the awesome power of the Force.

When you then consider that their home on Naboo was nothing less than a hidden fortress (small gun turrets were cleverly concealed within its high outer walls, half a dozen droid bodyguards were stationed throughout the property at all times and it even boasted a number of underground escape tunnels into Theed) then the idea of attacking the Damasca family on their own territory begins to look somewhat foolish. Attacking them on their own territory and retaining the element of surprise seems near-impossible.

And yet that is exactly what happened.

The alarms were never triggered; the gun turrets were never activated; the droid bodyguards were shut down before they could even begin their targeting programs. The Damascas lay asleep in their beds while intruders burst into their home. It was clear even at that stage that the attackers had intimate knowledge of the house defenses, as well as the codes necessary to disable each stage of the security. There were not that many people in the galaxy who possessed that knowledge. The Damascas did not get many visitors.

There were five intruders in total, all dressed in the same black robes, and they moved with speed. Their leader almost immediately encountered Felix in the living room, and the fight was all too brief. Indeed, the rapidity with which the former Mandalorian was dispatched suggested that there was more to these attackers than met the eye.

Melissa had rushed to the bedrooms of her children, waking them quietly. Li, who had returned from university for the summer, was already awake with the twins Susul and Qira- the three of them had sensed some disturbance. Raith, Danilo and Peter were quickly roused, but before any plan could be put into motion, the intruders had noiselessly proceeded upstairs, and were upon them.

The leader of the dark robed strangers again displayed speed and strength that clearly suggested a command of the Force, easily hurling Melissa aside and advancing towards her children. The rest of the thugs raised blasters, firing off wide arcs of stun bolts. Peter, the youngest, fell first, followed by Qira and Susul. Danilo was next, and though the two eldest, Li and Raith, managed to put up a mad struggle, they were overpowered.

The last thing any of the six saw was their mother clutching desperately at her throat, tears streaming from her face, reaching vainly towards her children, and then toppling over with one final, horrible death rattle.

And then it was all blackness. The six unconscious siblings were taken away. The bodies of Felix and Melissa were desecrated, and the entire house was burned to the ground.

Five years passed.?

-Darth Wyyrlok III, keeper of Sith lore

20. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: You should all receive a PM that will explain things a little. Please read the PM, the Prologue above and the post below, and then let's get started! Have fun!

And yes, five years have passed since your parents' death.

[i]Jungle, Western region, Yavin IV[/i]

Click, click-click, click, click-click.

[b]Susul Damasca[/b] glanced up warily from his meal, the half-eaten crawlfish still alive and squirming vainly in his hands.

His jungle home was not as forbidding and perilous as it once had been- most of the scars across his barely clothed body were from his first year on the planet- but that was only because he had [i]learned[/i] how to survive. And sometimes they had been hard lessons. He didn?t want another one. He dropped his dinner back into the stream from which he had seized it, clouding the blue with the fish?s gooey innards.

The click noise was made by the Klikniks, and they usually hunted in groups. They were fast, lethal insectoids, and they were tough to distract or fight off. They could outpace a human over one hundred metres and if they pierced you with their dagger-like legs then you would be walking wounded for the next six months. If you survived, that is.

Susul ran back into the jungle, the sound growing ominously closer. He had learned how to fight back, and had weapons fashioned from tree bark and stone hidden away at various places. Now he just had to reach one of them before the Klikniks reached him.

Click, click-click, click, click-click?

[b]Tag: Sarge221[/b]

[hr]

[i]The Penitentiary, Cestus[/i]
    [b]
    Raith Damasca[/b] grimaced as a bowl that looked like it had been fashioned out of paper was shoved underneath the door of his cell. Inside was a thin, grey liquid that leaked out all over his hands the moment he picked up the bowl. He drank reluctantly, crouching down by the light that snuck in underneath the door.

The cell walls were creeping in on him, and his muscles ached from the lack of exercise. He could barely remember beating the Twi?leks at sabacc, but was dimly aware that it had happened. His natural skill for deception always held him in good stead during the games, and he?d become something of a wealthy man in prison terms, but this time one of the wormheads was insistent that Raith had cheated. A fight had broken out, and as was typical, the alien guards held the human to blame.

[b]Warden Rinus[/b] (a Quarren) had noted that solitary confinement had been a ?rare treat? for Raith during his five year stay at the prison, and so had been delighted to sentence him to a whole month in the hole.

He had given up counting the days. He just sat, listening so hard to the silence that he felt like he could hear the movement of every ant as they crawled across the cell floor.

Then, suddenly, an unwelcome shriek pierced the air.

A moment passed, and then another shriek, a blood-curdlingly high, chilling sound, like some sort of arcane battle cry. Voices echoed in from outside, unintelligible but loud. Swear words and cries of pain began to filter through.

And then the alarm sounded.

[b]Tag: The_Loyal_Imperial[/b]

[hr]

[i]A hospital[/i]

[b]Danilo[/b] woke with a start.

He looked up. White. Nothingness.

No, a bed. A room. And a thousand and one cables and devices plugged into his body. He tried to scream, but his mouth would not open. His arms were all attached to various things, but he found he could move them completely freely.

He couldn?t remember much at all. He knew his name, his family, his home?his parents. All he could see was the image of his mother, collapsing on the floor, choking as he drifted into unconsciousness. And after that?nothing at all.

A woman with red hair stood by his bedside.

?You?re awake,? she noted with a smile. ?Shouldn?t be awake yet.?

She produced a long, thin needle, and moved forwards to inject?

[b]Tag: sprintabm[/b]

[hr]
    [i]
    Polar region, Telos[/i]

The bitter wind rasped at [b]Qira Damasca[/b]?s face, but she struggled onwards through the snow, trying in

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Susul Damasca
    Jungle, Western Region, Yavin IV

Despite hunger having forced him to do so, Susul did feel a bit of regret as he felt the crawlfish squirm in his hands as he ate, apparently still alive. He thought he had killed it when he managed to smack it out of the water and give it a good stomp, but apparently that hadn't been enough; he was still eating the thing alive. Despite having been living on Yavin IV for so long - he wasn't sure how long, with it being difficult to keep track of the days and weeks and months that seemed to just zoom by - , without any kind of human contact, and only knowing that his fight for survival meant conforming to the rules of nature and relying on his more primal desire for survival, he had continuously refused to cross the line from man to animal.

The fact that he felt regret at having not killed the crawlfish meant that he was still successfully restraining himself from crossing over. And he wasn't going to stop now, the plan to drop the crawlfish and give it another stomp coming to mind to end the suffering that he could not only see but sense before he would continue feasting.

Click, click-click, click, click-click.

Susul looked up from the crawlfish, however, when he heard a sound that he had come to be very familiar with during his stay on Yavin. Suddenly the crawlfish's pain was shoved out of his mind, being replaced with a sense of fear and a responsibility for his own well-being. Not good. Dropping the crawlfish back into the stream, Susul was up on his feet and running back into the jungle, away from the clicking that was only getting closer. He didn't have much time to get too much distance and find a more suitable place to fight, the insects would easily catch up to him.

The man's gaze locked onto an item that he had left leaning against a tree before going fishing. It was a limb. Long, slightly curved, and from Susul's experience, razor-sharp. It was one of the more dangerous of the several limbs that the Klikniks possessed, and a good slice could split open his stomach and that would be it for him. Fortunately, while their limbs were pretty good at cutting him to pieces, the same could be said for themselves which was why Susul had taken the makeshift sword early on during his stay on Yavin. A scar on the palm of his right hand was evidence to how sharp the limbs were when he had first taken up one. He had learned though, and had wrapped some vines around the base of the limb so that he could grab it without having to worry about cutting himself again.

He learned a lot, and had to. Each scar that could be seen on his body was a lesson learned; the one at his left shoulder that taught him how well that even a half-starved stintaril could puncture into his flesh with its sharp teeth and hold on tight until he caved its skull in with a rock before it could tear up the nerves within and leave his left arm crippled for life, and another pair of puncture wounds on his right leg from a bite of a crystal snake. He had been lucky that the snake's venom hadn't been lethal and only knocked him out for an hour, allowing him to live with the knowledge of how to watch out for them. The bad luck and another lesson learned was that sleeping in the middle of the jungle was a bad idea and a host of other predators would be happy for a free meal such as piranha beetles. He woke up in time to feel the viscous gnawing of a couple leave a few more telltale marks on his back and had managed to run and hide before the rest of the swarm that they belonged to tried to catch up and finish him off.

Despite the several predators though, Klikniks had to be his worst enemies and were responsible for most of the other, long scars that ran and criss-crossed along his body.

He covered those scars with another makeshift item that was lying next to his sword - a brown and green furred cape that he used as a source of warmth and camouflage, made from the furs of a runyip - and kept running through the jungle. He had other weapons th

22. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Danilo Damasca
    A hospital

It was information overload, and the sight of multiple things plugged into him and now a needle about to become one of those things sent him off the deep end.

No, he screamed in his mind since he couldn't with his mouth. With all his might he raised his arms to halt the woman from moving the needle forward. While normally against using the Force, this was the time to use it despite his lack of skill with it. As hard as he could concentrate, he forced an image of the needle flying out of the woman's hand and smashing into the ceiling above her.

He was awake. He couldn't be put back to sleep. He needed to find his family.

TAG: GM

23. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: I'll update for you guys shortly.

BTW, though the galaxy's rather quiet at this point in the timeframe, I'll give you the dates out of interest:

301 BBY: The marriage of Felix and Melissa
    301: Birth of Li
    300: Birth of Raith
    299: Birth of Susul and Qira
    296: Birth of Danilo
    293: Birth of Peter
    280: The murder of Felix and Melissa
    275: The present

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Li Damasca
    The Palace of Aruk the Hutt, Bilbousa, Nal Hutta

Memories stirred in Li, causing him to freeze, and, he decided, that was probably what saved him.

If he had tried to withdraw from the room, and step back down the stairs, he had little doubt that one of the Mando'ade would have killed him, in-case he raised the alarm.

However, he hadn't froze entirely out of shock. The memories had stirred, yes, but something else had followed them. Heartbreak had long passed; he had lost his beloved Genna so long ago now that he barely had a heart left to respond to the pain that the sight of durasteel Mandalorian armour caused. The mistakes he'd made trying to be a hero, trying to be the adult, had cost him his family, and this slavery had deadened what emotions he had remaining. Bitterness had lasted barely a year into his enslavement, and now there was nothing.

His experiences had burned the remnants of youth from his frame, and now his wiry muscles were clear on his frame, which was none too far removed from skeletal, but Swelter had been a master harsh enough to keep his staff strong from his beatings - if they were awake enough to stand on their feet. Even now, Li felt the dull edge of stims - placed in his drinking water - keeping his eyes open, keeping the blood pumping in his body. He had long lost the ability to carve mantras which would make his mother shed a tear, or his father beat his chest with a fist in his warrior way. The Force had not saved him, and he had long lost it's touch. Now all he had was a trickle in his ear, as if there was a whining in his hearing, just at the edge of his perceptions, more of an irritant than anything else, so close to being gone, and leaving him be, but simply too far away to just do the honourable thing and talyc kark off.

Yes.

That was what else followed.

Where his heart was there echoed a faint feeling. It was none too far removed from satisfaction, at the scene before him, but it was closer to something he had cultivated in his youth - a feeling of righteousness. He had been the oldest, and he had been the first, and the strongest. He was no Raith, but he had been proud of himself, back on... back on...

Anger crashed down, that righteous anger, and he forced himself to remember the planets name.

Naboo.

Shabla Naboo.

The Force hadn't provided him comfort during these long years. It had led him to the Tion Cluster, and all the misery he'd found there. His Mandalorian heritage had provided him with several dozen ways to curse in the language - more or less all he'd remembered of father's teachings - and they had helped him more than the Force ever could. It was with those words he could rattle off an insult under his breath at Swelter, or make a comment to a slaver that would have cost his life and get away with it. Without it, he'd have lost his temper and died back on Lianna.

Li blinked, coming out of his mind, out of the freeze which was even now being remedied by the suddenly apparent ache of his over-weighted arms. He didn't care whether he looked comical, carrying the massive meringue and other repulsive deserts on the Hutt-scale plate, both of his arms above his head, with only a demeaning and blackened robe wrapped around his waist for modesty purposes. The guards and Mandalorians were simply staring at each other, yes, but he had no doubt one of the Mandalorians was watching him under those helmets. Raith had loved those HUDs, once upon a time.

The man decided he didn't need an exposition, or an explanation from Aruk, or any of the Mandalorians.

This was his time. Definitely.

Li strode forward, carrying the food still, towards one of the guards. "Hey, Aruk?"

"Hope you enjoy this, you Hutt chakaar. "

Straining his arms, he threw the food at one of the guards.

Oh yes. That righteous anger. It was never too far from that same anger which meant you simply didn't care what other people thought. Eventually,

25. Mango_Salsa

Mar 15, 2006
    Finally.

Qira dropped her shoulder, sensing as much as seeing the giant white paw swiping towards her in an effort to remove a good portion of her face. She knew the beast would be close by; in fact, she herself had worked to summon it using the Force. Her mother had told Qira she had a gift with animals. Her mother...

No time to remember now. That would come later.

Throwing herself into a shoulder roll, the young woman tried not to think of the frigid cold of the snow seeping into her clothes. She rolled to her feet and leapt upwards, dodging another paw as the Wampa make another lunge.

Closer, she thought.

Just ahead, Malacoda turned. Qira dropped backwards and kicked with her legs, driving herself backwards towards her cruel master, and the Wampa followed.

Malacoda would know if she moved against him. He had told her time and time again. He had made it clear to her that any attempt to escape would result in her being sold to the Hutts, or worse, Malacoda himself flaying the flesh from her bones and selling it, strip by strip, as she watched. There were markets for anything, he had told her. And he knew so many of them.

Qira had bided her time. She had learned what the Barabel had taught. He had expanded her horizons, opened her up to ways of the Force her mother had never known.

There's always a way out, her father had taught her. It's nothing more than time colliding with opportunity. Her father...

No time to remember now.

Qira, aided by the Force, jumped into the air, flipping over the Wampa as it lunged towards her with tooth and claw, and where she had been a moment ago, her cruel master now stood, eyes wide.

She could not kill Malacoda outright. The Wampa was another story.

TAG: Winged_Jedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.