main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthDarkstar, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Smash TV was a great game, I remember liking the sequel better though (but I haven't played it in 10 years or so). I still hold that street fighter 2 championship edition is the best fighting game in existence. It was so simple, yet so complex.

Darkstar: What? did your fingers fall off? go find the ending on the internet. I am sure it would be a better explanation of the ending, seeing as I never played the game, I just saw the ending when my brother beat it.

Jaded Jedi: Ha ha ha ha. Good stuff, my work here is done! I love scary movies and I am glad I got to share one with you. and I am glad that it had such an impact, mainly because it is funny.

Not to change the subject too much, but I am looking for a board game to get with some money from easter gigs I am playing. Any suggestions? I like games that are deep and involving without being Axis & Allies of Warhammer confusing (like Settlers of Catan or the LOTR game). I was thinking maybe blood bowl or something else where I get to paint.

2. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    wait, of all the ps2 and cable modem users we have I'm the only one that plays SOCOM and ATV??? :(

3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    sorry I have a PS2 but I dont have a broadband adapter for it, you see my Xbox CAME with that built in already so I'm playing Mech assualt and Ghost Recon

4. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I have a PS2 and a network adapter, but not SOCOM. I like fpses but I just can't see laying down $60+ for one game. I don't like them that much. They (they being the game industry) needs to come out with a series of online console games like yahoo has, just fun multiplayer games like hearts or dominos. That would rock.

5. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Another thing they should have online is gambling... I dont mean like for real money like you can do online now.. but imagine, PS2 graphics with the headset so you can talk to them and play blackjack and poker and roulette and all the other sinfully fun games...

And go fish... that would be cool too

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Okay, official review of Indiana Jones game is, fun in an Indy kind of way (especially the bullwhip) if you dont mind fighting the controls AND the camera, every step of the way.

Black Hawk Down on the otherhand is major fun. especially the 50m gun. By the way, don't open up on the civilians with that. The game doesn't like it.

7. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Theres a black hawk down game????? Sweet on what console is it for?

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Black Hawk Down is on the PC, I am unaware of any Console version and there's no mention on the site

http://www.novalogic.com/games/DFBHD/

BTW just got Rachet and Clank for the PS2, that game is fun, nice tight controls, great level design, funny, good voice acting.

9. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I just got my new EGM for this month and the cover is a storm trooper and it talks about Rouge Squadron 3: Rebel Strike... from first glance it is hailed as "the most amazing star wars game yet!" I havent read into it though, but my curiosity has been peaked.

Has anyone else heard of this game?

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I read the article. A must read for SW gaming fans. They include the whole rogue leader game as multiplayer co-op missionsin this new game. To say nothing of the new missions, I'm most excited about the first-person speeder bike level. That hasn't been done before. We had speeders in that horrible ROTJ arcade game that was done from a 3/4 view. And there were swoop bikes in SW SOTE. Which, now that I think about it you could switch to first person on those but it wasn't done very well and it wasn't through the endor forest. Besides, those were swoop bikes and not military class speeders with mounted blasters.

Also in RS3 RS you get to do the under the walker-lightsaber-grenade-thing. Very cool! Just think about a co-op trench run! mmmmmmm Star Wars yummy.

11. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    when does the Matrix game come out? I know its sometime in the next few days, but im not sure when

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Matrix comes out the same day as the movie. But I heard a rumor some people alreay have it ///cough,cough////

13. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    hmm... well for that rumor that you heard.. have you heard if it was as cool as it looks? I must know

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Lets pretend this etheral software isnt on my computer yet, after it is (for pretend) I'll let you know (for pretend)

15. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I just tried out Wolverine's Revenge and I love it. Fairly difficult too. The fact that the Beast has a part in it is the kicker. And I laughed pretty hard when I saw the voice credits for Wolverine...Mark Hammil. Nothing having to do with the movies at all really. Patrick Stewart does Prof X, but it doesn't look like him, neither does Wolfie look like Hugh.

The story starts when Weapon X (you) is created and you have to go through the lab to find the professor that made you. The next level its several years later when Beast tells you the SHIVA virus is active in you and you have to go back to that lab again. Thats as far as I've gotten.

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    the Matrix game is frigging cool! It's all Matrix-eee. Awesome moves. The driving portions of the game are awful! But the third person adventure, Matrix kick-butt stuff is fun, fun, fun! Great sound too and lets not forget bullet time!

17. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok so for anyone who has a way to play the matrix game, you have to get it. it is the freaking coolest game ever. The driving stuff is boring and monotonous, but other than that its cool. But the last level sucked, way disappointing... although the preview for the next movie after you beat the game was a much welcome reward.... i have a newfound respect for the matrix now that i have played this game and understand a bit more of the story. Watching the Animatrix helps too....

18. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I once thought that the Enter the Matrix game was the best game ever, but I have a different opinion now. Matrix is the best console game I've played, but Galaxies rules all.

19. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I had the choice between Enter the Matrix and Zelda. I got Zelda, the guy at the store agreed with me that if you owned a Gamecube, you owed it to yourself to get Zelda, its just that good. I just finished it. Awesome game. It just kept going too. I played it for 14 hours the first day I had it, and I thought I was going to finish it that day. Then I played it for 14 hours on sunday, then I played it for 2-3 hours monday-friday. Then I finished it saturday after another 4 hours. About 40-50 hours of solid fun if you want to find everything on your own.

As for Galaxies, I don't know if I'll play it. I just can't get into online RPGs. I try to often, but they always just seem to bore me after a while. it ends up being a chat room with a level next to my name. At least with offline RPGs I can finish the game, there is a plot to work with. Also, when I am online I am usually talking with my friends, most of whom don't play the games, so I have the choice of talking with my current friends or ditching them to make new ones. I happen to like my current friends because the are mostly female :) (God bless Vanguard University).

20. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    BLASPHEMY!!!! There is NO game but Galaxies! and I dont even touch RPGS (cuase they bore me silly) and the gamecube is for Resident Evil not Zelda. JKing, but Galaxies is a little more interesting for us Star Wars fans than Dark Age of Camelot. It's life in the Star Wars universe, what else do yuo need.

Enter the Matrix is okay but an amusing diversion at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.