main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Viewing Order of Star Wars the Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darth_revan96, Mar 18, 2015.

1. darth_revan96

darth_revan96 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 18, 2015
    I just finished the first season of star wars wars the clone wars and i can't decide if i should watch the series in the actual chronological order or by when it was released. Which viewing order is better?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Tastes vary, it truly depends what you hope to gain from watching.

3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If you have never seen it before then I would say to watch in chronological order......i wish I could have the option to watch it that way for the first time.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This thread should be stickied just because its ask so often.

cwustudent and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  6. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    I'm watching it in chronological order right now and I think it is a lot more more enjoyable than watching it in the order they aired.

cwustudent and Etav Byx like this.
  7. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I watched in (mostly) chronological order. I started watching in the order they aired, which was a bit confusing since it felt like I was missing parts of the story. It makes more sense in chronological order.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I still believe that the Clovis arc is set before the Maul arc in Season 5. Satine is mentioned in present tense and Palpatine does not have his red guards yet, which he is first seen with in The Wrong Jedi (discounting their appearance in AOTC, as throughout TCW only the blue senate guards were seen).

Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That was really my only gripe with the TCW series; many of the story arcs being overlapped and timeline being misconstrued in the early seasons. A character who you thought was dead shows up alive and well in a brand new episode - only to have been confirmed dead again in the next one.

cwustudent and Cheerios4u98 like this.
  10. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    It took me a second but I realised you meant the Echo, Fives, and Hevy story :D

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    RIP domino Squad you difie Gravity

Anyone get the joke.

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I've never watched the series in chronological order and I never intend to:p

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Agree, It works fine in Airing order, apart from Revival.

14. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I'm making myself a playlist off everything I have in chronological order, as best I can anyway, to get prepped for Force Awakens. I was wondering: Does the first Clone Wars microseries fit in with the CG Clone Wars at all? I figure the first two seasons would go inbetween Attack of the Clones and the new series, but the third season gets tricky since it starts with Anakin being knighted and ends right where Revenge of the Sith starts.

I'm thinking I should just ignore the last season, though I've always considered the fact that Grevious is injured escaping Coruscant to be pretty important and I don't know if it's covered in the newer series.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Yeah, the micro series can work with the TCW. Watch the micro series chapters 1 through 21. Watch TCW then watch the rest of the micro series which will lead one directly into ROTS.

16. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001

Ah, makes sense. Thanks!

It does look like 22-25 kind of cover the events of Labyrinth of Evil, so it leads right into RotS well.

mes520 likes this.
  17. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Why?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Probably because it does not make a difference to them.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  19. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    I'll grant you, it isn't a profound difference. It's only in the earlier seasons that the issue even matters at all. As someone who is watching the series through in chronological order right now, I can assure you either way generally works as well as the other. It's not enough of a difference to make me think someone's wrong to like the version I don't prefer; but if someone says they never have, and never will, watch it in chronological order, it does invite curiosity as to what that conviction is based in.

20. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    For the record I've never watched the saga by starting with 4 and ending with 3..........and I never intend to do that either:p

21. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    Oh, NOW he prefers chronological order... :p

But it's funny; now that you mention it, I've NEVER viewed any part of this Saga for the first time in chronological order. We got the films out of order, we got the TCW episodes out of order. Rebels is the only thing that's ever come out to the public in chronological order. It's probably why I'm such a big stickler for it nowadays. But as I said, it's no sin to like it the other way. I grew up watching out of order, and I turned out fine. (twitch-twitch)

cwustudent and SilentGuy66 like this.
  22. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    It's not what I prefer it's just what I've always done. I find it hard to break out patterns due to my autism.......but whatever man that line made me chuckle as I'm sure it was meant to :)

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  23. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    You too?! Small world. Hell, that's probably the OTHER reason I'm a stickler for chronological order.

We're obviously both attached to patterns - and with keeping them in place once they're established; we just happen to prefer different patterns. Yours, I'm assuming, was to view TCW out of chronological order, as we all did to start with, so that's what it's gonna stay. I respect that. It's a reason that makes sense to me. Because for folks like us, CHANGE SUCKS.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I know the feel bro [face_peace]

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  25. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    TCW chronological order certainly helps to break up the monotony of the first half of season three with its tedious political episodes.

cwustudent likes this.