main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vignettes: Planned or Spontaneously Created?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lonewolf89, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I've written at least 2 viggies that turned into an actual series. One of them was never finished and the other, well, is going on. Sort of.

~aeryn

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Darkness of Temptation that I'm co-writing with Kynstar was originally SUPPOSED to be a vignette. Our muse grabbed both of us and took us for a wild ride that's not anywhere close to slowing down. We're now on the third fic in this series..

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I know, it's so horrible. I've written other viggies that have become series but somewhere in the middle, I dropped them and now they're locked topics. It's dissappointing because before I came here, I always finished what I started. Now, I think I've taken it for granted because these are forums.

~aeryn

4. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Does anyone else do that? Write stuff in their heads?

Of course. I have whole epics in my head that probably will never ever make it to paper. And what does wind up written down started out with the voice in my head assembling the words.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What's really surprising are the viggies that lead to much longer stories! They sneak up on you and bash you over the head!

Plot bunnies are running amok!

6. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    I tend to rather call them "Short Stories".

But yes, they sometimes (often enough ;) ) just appear in my mind and want to be written down.

Sometimes these beginnings evolve into a greater story ...

"In love with a Jedi" was the example of omething that "hit me" and "demanded to be written down". It was totally new to me, although I had written short stories before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.