main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Greetings, Guest

The Fall 2019 RPF Awards is in the voting phase over in the Resource Forum.

Be sure to swing by, view the nominees and cast your vote (via PM) before the 26th November.

Thriller VILLAIN

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Lindsay McCarthy's Penthouse, Party

McCarthy suddenly appeared next to Leo, just as his son had vanished back into the crowd.

"What is the little bugger doing down here?" McCarthy breathed out and turned to his party, neither looking at Leo nor the barkeeper as he got his drink without
    ordering. He took it from the bar and stared at the assembled guests.

"Yeah, I did that one behind your back, Leo." He said and bit his lip. Regret was in his voice. "I won't insult you any further by telling you a story I wanted to protect you from a nasty one. We both know that is bolloks." He finally turned to Leo and looked at him. "Just let this one pass, okay? Give Lisa her moment to shine." He looked at Leo and his eyes seemed to pierce his friends skull. "I apologize. Do you accept my apology Leo?"

It sounded actually like a threat. The hand that lay down on Leo's shoulder made it no better.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

Near Russel Street, 9er HQ

The man stood there for a long moment and then his head turned half ... just enough to indicate he had perceived the presence of the new arrival.

Then he began to run, jumping on the top of the burning car and with one giant, impossible leap on the roof of a nearby building ... where he vanished into the darkness. He was incredibly fast and agile, but the leap was simply impossible ... ten meters in length and six meters up.

It took only a moment for John Gates and Michael Payne to arrive at the scene. Two bulky men who served as bouncers and occasional muscle at the Eden Club, one of McCarthy's brothels.

"What the hell happened here?" John gasped as he saw the bodies. Mutilated by the unknown attacker, they seemed almost unreal.

Conner wound probably realize the man had not just vanished into darkness ... but also into the direction of the 9er headquarters.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422

Joe's Mechanics near Russel Street

Flipside and the attacker traded shots and it worked well enough for Joshua who managed to get to the backdoor unnoticed.

What he found there was not what he expected though. The Mexicans were dead, spread around their garage and a single dark figure jumped from a box from where he had shot and dived behind a half disassembled Honda.

"Got your friend out there. I recognize you. People told me about the mummy." The clicking indicated the man had just reloaded his gun. "If I am right you are one of McCarthy's men. I have no problem with him. So we really wanna start firing in here and kill each other? Or shall we say the Mexicans got killed by you and go our ways?"

Funny enough Joshua probably had time to look at the message on his mobile. Conner was summoning all available man. HE had been sighted.

Tag: @Master Vo'Un'Var

The Hive Club, Northern Detroit

Lisa was left alone in her office after Larry left. The Club was crowded now and the business was booming.

Half an hour later Jerome came in, her right hand man. He was running most day to day business nowadays.

[​IMG]
    Jerome Livingston

"The 9ers did not show up tonight. We got no product for sale. Shall we get someone else? We don't wanna get the rep of a clean club, do we?" He smirked and then lay his head aside.

"Are you alright?" He asked and raised his brows. "You seem troubled."

That moment the mobile of Livingston vibrated. "They seem to have found the guy."

Tag: @RachelTyrell

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Conner McNeil
    9ner's HQ, Near Russel Street

The man turned just slightly to Conner. The enforcer tightened up on his pistol ready to pull the trigger. He'd been noticed the monster noticed him then did nothing. Rushing up onto the top of the burning truck then leaping into the darkness with an inhuman leap. Conner shivered just a little watching it. He blinked a few times to clear his vision. He stepped to the side closing the door to his car and started moving forward when John Gates and Michael Payne showed up, two toughs that worked the door at Eden.

"What the hell happened here?" John said looking at the carnage before them.

"The 'Hero' disarmed some 9ners then did a superman leap towards their HQ." He said in a single breath. He couldn't quite believe it himself. "I have no idea what is going on but, we have to check this out." He looked ahead of him into the darkness almost deeper as he was looking through the flames. Fear, that was what he felt. The man could have attacked him might of won. But, he chose to take on the bigger threat, the 9ners. "Stick close and keep your head down. Don't get your head shot off by some twitchy tweaker. I have a feeling our good samaritan is going to go straight for Little John. Our protection may not extend to acts of god damned super heroes but, if we do nothing the survivors will have a hell of a good reason to blame the boss." He looked between his two compainons. "You guys strapped? If not I've got some backups in the trunk." He gestured to his car, it wasn't much a few pistols hidden under the carpet, 9mm and a .45. It was better than nothing. Once John and Mike were ready he began moving towards the compound keeping low and in the shadows hoping that no one took a pot shot at him. He knew he should have brought some body armor.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2007
    Leo Shaw
    Penthouse Party

Leo looked at Lindsay and he was one of the few people who could endure that stare.

"Don't try this **** on me, Lind. I don't fall for it like your chocolate skinned toygirl up there." Leo hissed and turned to his friend.

"How should I have your back, when you shut me out? Hm? You trust her more than me?" Leo shook his head. "She will choking from her ambitions. You are not that stupid. We have seen those. So whatever stupid idea you two came up with ... and it is stupid, because if it was clever you would have rubbed it under my nose already ... you want me in the dark. Hm? Really. Me." Leo shook his head. "Guess it is something you will make a lot of money with, hm?"

For what? Lindsay had millions of dollars. Greed was not a good advisor, neither were the greedy.

"I let it pass. I even accept you apology. But tell me what you are up to. Tell me what is going on here."

Tag: @LordTroepfchen

4. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Lindsay McCarthy's Penthouse, Party

McCarthy gave his oldest friend a long look and then he sighed. "It is product. Lisa wants to go into retail in our clubs. Push the gangs out and take over the upper market." He leaned against the bar and ordered another two Whisky with a wink. The barkeeper provided him what he wanted right away. "Let the 9ers have their corners."

McCarthy leaned forward.

"Listen Leo, we need to spread. Your real estate deal last year? That one is binding too much money. We need to have reserves. No way we can push girls and clubs any higher. But we have been taking our twenty percent of a market we could have ninty on. We got the infrastructure, we got the power, now we got the product." He sighed. "It comes in one shipment. 35 million worth. We need to assure the shipment is secure. I need your guys on it, too. Cops, muscle ... everything you got."

Near Russel Street, 9er HQ

John and Michael nodded and got their guns out of their jackets. They looked irritated at the part with the "jump", but kept quiet for now. They would probably assume Conner was on drugs or over-exaggerating things.

They were good soldiers though an followed the lead of their boss. Michael had some military experience and it showed here.

They did not get far into the 9er territory before they heard the shots. Many shots. Then the screams followed.

"What the hell?" John hissed as they made it around one of the houses and saw the street. Just as they looked a car was flying into a group of firing 9ers, burying them below it. It was surreal, as if tossing a car was no different than tossing a trash can. One 9er escaped the impact and kept on firing from his pistol. Then the Man appeared and was so fast it was frightening. One leap and he was with the last 9er, grabbing his arm and ripping it of as if his enemy was made of paper. Then he left the screaming man bleeding out on the street. Shots from one of the houses hit him and he was thrown to the ground ... and slowly raised again. Seemingly unharmed by what had sound like an assault rifle. He began walking towards the house, hit again ... this time staying on his feet and then leaping up and landing on the house.

"We should get Little John out of here." Michael whispered. He had a clear shot now at the man on the roof. Not easy, but both Conner and him were good shots. But Michael's eyes showed the doubt a shot would stop that ... thing. So he watched in silence as the man in the hoodie ripped of the roof and leaped into the building.

Again shots and then ... screams.

"They got no chance." Michael gasped.

5. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Conner had done and seen things in this job. He grew up in this gang and not in the upper echelons, he didn't dine with McCarthy when he was a boy. He was a runner for Joey and party to many things that would scar a normal person. They had all washed over him. The beatings Joey gave to those that needed encouragement. He'd seen the aftermath of a skirmish, bodies strewn about room, blood decorating the wall. He'd seen it all, but, he had never seen this. He watched the man threw a car as if it was nothing, then tear a man's arm off. The screams and sounds were unlike anything the enforcer had heard. It sent a shiver down his spine as the hoodie clad man lept to the roof of another house tearing it open and descending upon the poor victims inside. More shooting more screaming.

"We should get Little John out of here." Michael whispered. Conner nodded his head agreeing. He needed a mission and taking down the 'Hero' was not possible. Sure some of the shooting would miss but, not all of them. He must be taking bullets but, it isn't stopping him. He was joking about the whole Superman thing before but, now, it was no joke. This man was something else something they weren't prepared to handle.

"They got no chance." Michael continued. Again all Conner could do was nod. No one had any chance against it, unless they had a tank or heavy artillery to throw at it. Which they didn't.

"Let's get to the Little John, if you see that thing, don't shoot, just let it go on it's way. It's focused on the 9ners not us, don't give it a reason to take our arms next." His instructions given he pressed on his head on a swivel using the shots and screams to give him an idea of where the monster was. He hoped that Little John had a car or truck or something they needed to get out of here fast once they got to him. Though in the back of his mind he knew that wouldn't save them, whatever this thing was it would catch them if it wanted to, and make them the next victims.

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Leo Shaw
    Penthouse Party

Leo killed the Whisky in one shot. After all those years, with all the money ... creed and that black devil got Lindsay into retail?

Suddenly it made sense why 9ers were so important. Lindsay prepared to bust their balls and needed no further tension when he wanted to avoid all out war.

"Lindsay ... what shall I say." Leo shrugged. "Was your life really that
    boring?" He looked at his friend. Then he took out his mobile and forwarded the video. "Have a look. I'd say we got a bigger problem than expected." Leo stood up and walked straight through the crowd of influential people gathered, ignoring all the "Hello" and "Heys" thrown at him.

He had just understood his time was coming to an end. A paradigm change went through Linday McCarthy's company and he was the embodiment of the paradigm that was left behind.

He wondered if he would survive it. In their line of work people often didn't.

For now he would be a good soldier and get the police report. Hive Club, the snakes nest. He wished he had picked another spot for the meeting.

7. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    The Hive

The Hive was another kind of party. Sprawling with young people dancing the night away to aggressive electronic tunes. Drugs and drinks. Energy fluids paired with strong alcohol. Young bodies in ecstasy moving, rubbing against each other.

Lisa had created the perfect experience to let all the despair and problems of the world be forgotten. It was as always crowded.

Sgt. Johnson was easy to spot at the bar. Like a shunned lepper the people smelled him being a cop and avoided his presence.

"Leo." He said as the man approached him and he gave him a tortured smile. He pushed the envelope he had brought over to Leo.

"This is a bad one. Worst I have ever seen. Scenes from a horror movie. That guy ripped through the 9ers. What he did to your pimps was merciful compared to the kitchen on Russel." He was pale. This thing was obviously as creepy to him as it was to Leo. "He ripped one of them into two halves. Two bloody halves! What is that thing? A werewolf or alien? Got an idea how strong you gotta be to rip a man apart like this? Coroner said he never seen anything like it. Still sorting what body part belongs to who."

9er territory

John and Michael followed Conner from one house to the next, from one car to the other. Always hiding from the potential sight of the thing they had just seen.

Little John's house was easy to find. It was surrounded by his thugs now. Twenty five of them. Guns were taken from the trunks of cars. Shotguns. Macs. A G36. They were preparing for a war against one single man. Confident and almost certainly on drugs they yelled assurances of strength and power to each other like a tribe of South American natives from a fifties movie.

Not too far behind them shots and screams filled the night. And explosion was heard and then more screams. Two of the houses in the streets were aflame. Fireworkers would not come here.

"Poor bastards." John hissed and as they approached the house Little John came out, wearing a vest now and a military M5 assault rifle.

"Look who is joining the party!" He yelled and spread his arms. "Lindsay McCarthy's finest are here! Do we not all feel bloody protected now?" He was clearly intoxicated. Behind him appeared the serious looking right hand man Bullet, who seemed about the only person not on drugs here.

8. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2009
    Lisa Okeke
    The Hive, Management Bureau

Lisa looked at Jerry and sighed.

"Or he has found them." Lisa said and leaned back. "Jerry, we gotta do something about Kingston. He knows too much. He could ruin everything."

She leaned back and Jerry smiled at her.

"When you say do something about him we talk about murdering the second most powerful guy in town? Without the most powerful guy ... our Boss ever finding out, right?" He was snarky. Lisa knew he was also someone knowing too much. He had been an unexpected loyal lapdog so far. But the source of his loyalty was the quick rise through the ranks. Once he had reached the top the only way to ascend further was getting rid of her.

Lisa knew she had to kill him before the day came. For now she relied on him and his expertise to go around Conner and Leo and get stuff done.

"McCarthy did not appoint me as second on this to take care of micro-management. You know?" Lisa leaned forward folding her legs.

"Oh I doubt that includes risking a war that might ruin a 70 million dollar transaction." Jerry said. "We need to be careful about this."

Lisa nodded. "Use the priest." She finally said and Jerry raised his brows.

"Oh I like that. Impossible to trace back to us. Expect at some point people will start to wonder why all our problems are miraculously solved by good luck." Jerry stood up from the table he had been half sitting on and took out his mobile. "Will meet him tomorrow." Lisa nodded.

"There is one more thing." Lisa said and stood up. She looked down at the club and saw Leo sit down there with a policeman.

"Shaw knows now, too. I need eyes on him." She sighed.

"Just eyes?" Jerry asked and stepped next to her.

"For now. He is smart. He won't cross Lindsay McCarthy. But he might make a move against me. If he does I need to know." Lisa folded her arms.

Jerry nodded. "I got an idea about that one." He just said and sighed. "You are truly going to do that, are you? You go after the jackpot." He asked Lisa.

"We are." She replied and looked at the young man. "And yes, we totally are doing that."

ooc: Combined with LordT!

9. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Conner and his companions moved quickly keeping in darkness, staying out of sight from the screams. The bodyguard kept a stone face though they could John and Michael could see his eyes darting around more watching his corners with an almost paranoid glint. He kept moving until he found a firing line of 9ners. All of them kitted out with weapons pulling even more out the back of trucks and other vehicles. They were strapped up ready to make a last stand. The look in their eyes was not one of alertness, they were wide and bloodshot, pupils dilated. They were hopped up on god knows what. With fires burning in the distance the man of the hour finally exited, in a bulletproof vest and a military rifle across his chest.

"Look who is joining the party!" Little John yelled spreading his arms a show for his boys. "Lindsay McCarthy's finest are here! Do we not all feel bloody protected now?" Just from the look of him he was dipping into his own supply...again. The only one that looked sober was Bullet, the right hand man to Little John.

"Mr. McCarthy sends his regards." Conner replied with a not inconsiderable amount of sarcasm. "Seems you've got something of a situation going on. You think spray and pray is going to save you?" He swings his head towards the drugged up men all around him. "Whatever this thing is it doesn't care about bullets, unless you're hiding a tank or RPG in there this isn't a fight you can win. Not here not now." He gestures with his thumb behind him. "I just watched this thing tear through guy after guy without pausing. I don't know what they are on but, they are coming and they aren't stopped with bullets. But, we can take away their victory. If we leave now, get out of here, right now, we might be able to save you and what remains of your guys." He fixed Bullet with a hard gaze, "Hard to have a gang when everyone is dead." His gaze returned to Little John, "I can protect you get you and your guys out of here and get you all laying low. Or you can stay and I watch you get beaten to death with your own arm...Your choice."

10. Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Joshua Daemon
    Joe's Mechanics near Russle St.

Joshua narrowed his eyes at the dark figure standing in the shadows. His offer was tempting, and he had reloaded his gun. He made up his mind and spoke.
    "Your offer seems fair enough. I have places to be." spat Joshua's hoarse voice. The "Mummy" made no delay in getting out of Joe's Mechanics, and when he ran out to the car, he called out to Flipside.
    "Conner's calling us, Flip, let's move!"
    The two of them made their way inside the pickup truck they had arrived in.
    "He's nearby, 9ner territory. Let's move."

@LordTroepfchen

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Leo Shaw
    The Hive

Leo was used to consider the Hive a safe zone. Tonight he felt as if he moved into the enemies territory. Lisa's territory.

He took the report and handed over the envelope in exchange. Opening it the pictures appeared to be material for a night that was a few Scotchs older. He closed it again and looked at the cop.

"Seen the thing on YouTube? Looks more like Superman than an Alien or Werewolf." He sighed. "And don't tell me Superman is technically an alien, I know that." He added and gave the man a smile. Then he stood up.

"Thanks for that. I guess you guys got as much an idea who this is than I do, right?" He waved the barkeeper away and leaned over to the cop. "There is a little extra in that envelope. Consider it an advance for future updates." He turned and left without waiting for an answer.

On his way back home he picked up a Scotch Tomatin 12 years old and then drove to his apartment downtown. It was minimalistic in it's furniture but had one nice chesterfield seat with a small table next to it. He put the Whisky and his glass down, filled it and emptied it. Then he refilled and opened the file.

12. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    GM Note:

It is sad for me to announce this, but anther two of my rather thin player base have left the game and I don't see how I can do an even reduced storyline resembling what I had planned with three players left.

Therefore I close the game.

I am very sorry about this as the posts I got and the whole set-up worked so well for me, but I was aware I can't take too many hits to my player base and regrettably I did early on.

Thank you guys for your support and if there are any questions, please feel free to PM me!

Best
    LordTroepfchen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.