main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIP Tickets

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by GodAtum, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodAtum

GodAtum Jedi Master

May 13, 2005
    I have heard that there will the VIP tickets for sale. What kind of special stuff would you get and do you think it is worth it? I know there were Yoda passes for Japan which included queue jumping which sounds good!

2. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    At this point it's all speculation, especially since there is an entirely different company running the show this time around. You could look at other shows that Reed runs and see what they do for VIP upgrades there, but I'm sure each show and each audience will be different.
    My money is on it costing anywhere from $200 to $300 to upgrade to VIP and it will maybe get you some early entrance to the show, front-of-line or special seating for certain events (a show here in Melbourne recently had this...VIP's were the first 10 rows of the main session hall).

But like I said...still speculation at this point. Hopefully not too long after the new year rolls over we'll find out.

3. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Ugh...that could be a pretty hefty price increase. What were the prices for VIP upgrades at the previous celebrations...if there were any, and if anyone can remember. My mind is a complete blank.

4. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I know for CII, all you needed for early entry was a Hyperspace Membership, and that costs, what.. $15 a year? I really don't remember any other perks, though..

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes, for CIII, CIV and CE it was just a matter of having a HS membership.

6. Thistledown

Thistledown Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    All the hyperspace membership got you at CIII and CIV is an extra day. You could enter the convention center 1 day before everyone else. While it did keep the crowd down, there were still a HUGE crowd. It also got you access to the hyperspace members lounge. In looking at Reed's other shows, it seems to be $75-$100 premium and limited to a few hundred tickets, and it provided early entrance and/or guaranteed seating at specific events. I'm not sure how they are going to handle it with Star Wars. I think they could easily charge $200 an upgrade and still sell out if it's limited to 500 tickets.

7. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    C3 Hyperspace got in a hour early, C4 you got the extra day

8. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah, and at C3 it was a joke...the line was so long that it took more than that hour just to get in the building.

9. Thistledown

Apr 10, 2002
    I knew there was a difference, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Yes, the extra hour at C3 wasn't all that helpful. The extra day was nice at C4, but again, the line was still huge.

10. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    yeah i had it but I met up with a friend that didnt have it and stood with him in the regular line instead and got in at the same time so it didnt matter

If the vip tixs for C5 gave u prefered seating it may let you in before anyone else for like the opening ceremony so you get dibs on the seats. I remember the line went all the way outside for C3 though my seats werent bad and i wasnt front in line either.

11. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    So, while we wait for them to announce and release the VIP tickets, let's chat...

How likely are you to throw down the extra cash to upgrade? For me it almost doesn't matter what it gets you, as long as the price isn't ridiculous, I'll go for it. I don't want to have the "I wish I had just upgraded" feeling or feel like I missed out on something cool. I want to soak in every possible experience I can while at CV. I don't do autographs so the money that I could spend on that I'd rather spend on an upgrade that might get me into an exclusive event or two, or better seating, etc.

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm not likely to upgrade. Of course that means that I'm hoping that the lines and such would work as fine as they did during CIV, if we end up with the same line as CIII then I would regret not upgrading. Of course if there's something really extra included, then I would think about, but not for just some reserved seating.

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I don't think I'll upgrade. Especially to get in early. I got in before most other people at CIII because I was helping. And if they have a special seating section at the opening ceremonies for the "VIP" people, I don't care about that... I was in the opening ceremonies at CIII, marching down the asile in my stormtrooper armor was good enough. :)

I guess it all depends on what else they offer... but most likely I won't spend the extra dough.

14. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    it depends. if they give you entry to a special thing or something extra i prob will. If it's just the lines, it will depends how much extra it is and if i feel like it. I got a lot of expensive things going on this year so I got to see if it really means a lot to me and if i would use it

15. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    It was announced at MegaCon that these will go on sale on March 23. No word though, on what the extras will be.

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I think I read over at Rebelscum that there will be 200 VIP-tickets, and just 50 very special VIP tickets. One can only guess what the prices will be when they are so limited.

17. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Don't suppose they said what time they go on sale, did they? That's pretty important for those of us currently outside of the US so we know if we have to wake up at an odd hour to try to buy them.

18. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Gonna be all over these when they become available...

19. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    This is my 1st SW event, so do you purchase these VIP tickets through the same "Celebration" site as the regular tickets?

20. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Looks like that is how it will work. I'm hoping Reed puts info on how it will all work on the site *before* they go on sale so we all have time to read through everything. But my understanding is that you will go into the same registration area you went to buy your regular tickets, and do the "Check existing order or add tickets to existing order" option to add VIP passes to your order.

21. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    According to the Megacon report posted on TFN, the VIP tickets are supposed to be available tomorrow, but there's nothing on the offical CV website. Anyone have any info on what might be going on? Did I miss something?

22. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I'm looking at a Megacon report posted on TFN and I'm not seeing any mention of VIP tickets. I do see some info about discount tickets for CV being for sale at Megacon. Can you post the link or maybe the text that mentions the sale of VIP tickets?

23. Thistledown

Apr 10, 2002
    It's in the body of this report.

Megacon

"Steve also told us that the VIP tickets for the show will be available from March 22nd and that it'll consist of two different options: for the first one they'll be 200 tickets and for the second one only 50 tickets!"

24. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    My respect for this new con company is dwindling. It's almost midnight here in Melbourne. I'll be quite pissed if I miss a chance to buy tickets simply because they decide to release them whenever without warning while I'm sleeping. I don't care what time they do it, they just need to announce it so that everyone gets a shot.

25. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Nothing new on the status of the VIP Tickets (as of the time of this post). Even the official availability date has been in question - we've heard the 22nd and the 23rd from various fans who attended MegaCon.

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.