main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Visceral Studio (Dead Space Games) Starts Working on a Next-Gen Star Wars Game.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Son of a Bith, May 25, 2013.

1. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Visceral Studio (Dead Space Games) Starts Working on a Next-Gen Star Wars Game.

Saw the news this morning, thought I'd share :)

2. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Hmm i like the last requirement :D

JediMatteus and spicer like this.
  3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I hope they have two teams going, as I really want Dead Space 4 as a conclusion to that series too.

I do wonder what genre of SW game they're developing though.

4. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    Time to bring this thread back from the dead.
    I know it's a few days old but this photo from May 4th seems to strongly hint we are getting a Han Solo, uncharted style game.
    [​IMG]

I think this means we may get some of those 1313 ideas and mechanics, but instead of being about Boba we will play as the Captain of the Millennium Falcon himself.

Life likes this.
  5. Jhotoh_Yularis

Jhotoh_Yularis Jedi Master

Mar 12, 2015
    I thought it was Visceral that had picked up development of Star Wars: First Assault?

6. commander cody

Oct 6, 2014
    Nope, first assault and 1313 were cancelled and EA started developing new projects. Visceral hired Amy Hennig, writer of the uncharted series. So I wouldn't expect visceral's Star Wars game to be anything like first assault. Also with all the hints they're dropping it's just a matter of time before we get confirmation of a Han Solo game. Probably at E3.

7. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!-Oh.Next(well current now)gen.Its ok 360.....even though you only have TFU and lego star wars its ok. I still love you even though you have almost no star wars....

8. Lobotomised

Lobotomised Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2015
    I had forgotten all about this - surely the curtain will come off at E3 as to the nature of what this is? Exciting!

9. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    A lot of marketing language even in that ad.but YEAH.visceral.. I'm super stoked for this title and it's prospects.. Just wish some other publisher then Electronic Arts could get the licence..EA is the worst..most consumer hostile publisher around.

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Really looking forward to an E3 reveal next month! With it supposedly coming out next year, I think it's about time! Although I wish it'd be set around some newer characters. Han Solo's cool and all, but we've seen enough of him throughout Star Wars, IMO. I'd rather they remade that Darth Maul game or 1313.

11. commander cody

Oct 6, 2014

Wouldn't it be awesome if they created a story around a brand new character. Some sort of scoundrel or smuggler? Set in a world similar to 1313, but maybe even somewhat larger in scope.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  12. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Definitely! Han Solo is just such an overhyped character, and I find most characters more interesting than him. I'd play a Leia game over Han, to be honest. Again, Han's cool and all, but the old nostalgic folks try to make him seem cooler than he is IMO.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I love the Dead Space games so much, they are so freaky. Playing the first and second games alone the first time through, I could only handle about an hour of game play at a time before that was just enough for me. I mean, there's entertainment and free time then there's filling that free time with stressful horror games and after that I was ready to watch a comedy and just sit there LOL. I love the games, though, they are so well done.

14. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    So what is the game? This thread is from several years ago

15. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Judging by pictures released by the studio, it is a Han Solo adventure game, probably in the same vein as 1313.

16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If it's a game about Han I'll be a little disappointed. Developers have a chance with these new star wars games to create new and exciting characters that WILL actually be considered canon.....but instead they hang onto old characters like Fett or Solo

17. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    we have enough dead space games. we need many more star wars games that are actually immersive and good.

18. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    I'd rather Visceral make a game where you can create your own story and character, similar to SWTOR in the create a character aspect. There's also speculation it could feature Boba Fett, which i like. However, I would not be mad if it is Han Solo because I want to explore his past a bit, especially in the video game world. I hope they allow you to buy your own ship so you can travel to other planets and have speeders or cruisers for fast travel in-planet.

But in regards to copying the feel of other games...I'm not a big fan of that. Yes, they can take great aspects from other games and use that as a ground base for this one, but we deserve a unique Star Wars game that is its own. Instead of playing the game and saying, ''oh this reminds me a lot like Uncharted, Dead Space and Mass Effect" , we'll play future games looking back thinking that game plays a lot like a Star Wars game. We deserve a completely unique SW game!

JediMatteus likes this.
  19. commander cody

Oct 6, 2014
    Anyone heard of we will see a anything from this game at E3 2017?? I am hoping for a trailer and have been looking forward to this game for a while. I think this will be the most fun Star Wars game we have had!

EDIT: P.S. I can't believe this thread was buried so deep on the boards. Is anyone else as excited for this game as I am? I mean a game potentially about a brand new smuggler or an ensemble smuggling crew sounds awesome!

20. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I'm keeping a very close eye on it (as well as anything on the one by Respawn), but unfortunately they've been really tight-lipped about it, so it's been hard for me to build up major excitement. The little video out there is basically it. And I guess that it might be coming out in 2018. If that's really happening, then E3 starts being the time to advertise it. It's very hush hush.

B99 likes this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Game is a longg time coming..

22. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
  23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    To be completely honest, story doesn't sound that cool to me.. Yet..

24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    This sounds better than 1313. I got excited over the totally original characters in the original demo and it sort of annoyed me when it was revealed as a Fett game

25. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Perhaps E3 2018 will be this game's time to shine?