main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Visions: Tatooine Rhapsody - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 15, 2021.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Oct 6, 2021.
  1. 10

11.1%
  2. 9

13.3%
  3. 8

15.6%
  4. 7

15.6%
  5. 6

22.2%
  6. 5

6.7%
  7. 4

4.4%
  8. 3

4.4%
  9. 2

4.4%
  10. 1

2.2%
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    10 outta 10 cuz the ending song is so good. Credits listed it as "Galactic Dreamer" (assuming it's not one of the other songs). Please Disney/LFL put the video on YouTube cuz I need to add it to my mix. Or I just boot up the episode and fast forward about 7 minutes, which I totally foresee myself doing. Also credits listed Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the main guy!

Head canon: That's Rotta. He ran away, became Green and Huge and joined a rock band.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  2. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Didn’t like it because the band legitimately thought they could be better than Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes.Absolutely disrespectful.

Liked the animation work but the story wasn’t for me. It got me thinking though I wouldn’t mind a bit more slice of life stories in the GFFA.

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey hey let's not assume they can be better than the Mondal Noodles. Be a great festival show though! Along with Hu from Fallen Order.

clone commander bossk and Sproj like this.
  4. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I tend to watch one episode per day, so this one is definitely weaker then The Duel, but overall fun and with a lot of heart!

5. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Watched it around 10 times already and it gets better each time

6. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    Probably my least favorite of the bunch but I still kinda like it. As a struggling musician, I couldn’t help but smile during the band’s first performance. I’ve definitely played in front of some crowds of a similar size and energy. I laughed out loud when Jabba was thumping his tail in time to the music towards the end of the episode.

I didn’t think I was going to like this one, but overall it wasn’t bad.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Didn't care for it. It doesn't such though.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm middle of the road with this one. Was fun but not my cup of tea. it was neat to have something that was less about lightsaber battles and somewhat slice of life. A band that included a Hutt who just wanted to rock and an escaped Padawan who found a very different calling. It's a very pure adventure with a lot of heart that managed to infuse some rock into the franchise. Like T0-B1 is also the most shonen feeling with music being the weapon used to save the day in the tournament arc. I loved Chibi-Boba Fett. 7/10

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  9. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    You know, something like this isn't usually what I'm into, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. I couldn't help but have a smile on my face watching it. There was just something about it that touched me, and something that just felt like it had an important essence of Star Wars.

10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Star Wars meets Jimmy Eat World, it is pretty cool.

Also, during the concert, scan through the languages it is a LOT of fun. German and Cantonnese sound hilarious, French sounds angry.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was a banger

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Cute, with some heart, but not to my tastes. Jabba and Boba bopping to the song was funny. 6/10

13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    9/10 - didn't think I was going to like this one as much at first but the 2nd half of the episode I really liked. Fun concept.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  14. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I was skeptical like many of this premise, but absolutely loved it.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    6/10

I like that Boba was in it. That's pretty much it.

And the song was really bad. I only watched Visions in Japanese, so don't know if there's an English song in the other version, but I really didn't like the Japanese one.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    FYI Galatic Dreamer kicks in at the 8 min 30 second mark in Tatooine Rhapsody so if you want to buzz forward to the tune like I did twice, go for that.

17. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  18. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    Yeah, not exactly up my alley but it was still fun. Loved the bond between the band members. The song (in English) was good but seeing Jabba's tail twitch to the music was icing on the cake.

7/10 But if they are going to be the Biggest Band in the Galaxy, then heck yeah, SHOW IT!

19. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I enjoyed this one a lot. Thought it was just a good time. Chibi Boba was great, tapping along to the song at the end.

20. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    My roommate watched it and thought it was like a Star Wars version of Gorillaz.

GunganSlayer likes this.
  21. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    I really don't get the strong negative reaction for this one so many seemed to have. I really enjoyed it for what it was- a fun little story that existed outside of the intragalactic conflicts and dueling space wizards that dominate the franchise. If anything Star Wars needs more of this. I wouldn't quite call it 'slice of life' because it's about rock musicians and crime bosses, but it's a different angle to the GFFA than what we usually see.

I also never expected to see Jabba the Hutt grooving to music so that was a win in my book.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    LedReader and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Fun!

BigAl6ft6 and Saturn830 like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Once I finished watching all of Visions went back to this one, specifically the ending song yet again, twice. This one needs to be made a series. You can basically do the same story every week. Band is downtrodden, they play a rock song and everyone is happy at the end. 100 episodes in a blink, easy.

DarthRamRod and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    I think the biggest problem with this one is that most people watched it with only "The Duel" for comparison, which just happened to be one of, if not the, best in the whole series. I gave that one a 10 and this one a 9 based off of what I was expecting/hoping for when they announced a series of one-off anime shorts set in the GFFA. I actually really appreciated that fact that he wasn't lying to the guards about his lightsaber-microphone just being a legitimate part of the performance and not a means of smuggling in a weapon to bust them out of there.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I just would’ve appreciated much weirder music. Blink 182 in space is not what I look to Star Wars for.

Sarge likes this.