main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Visions: The Ninth Jedi - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 15, 2021.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Oct 6, 2021.
  1. 10

37.5%
  2. 9

33.9%
  3. 8

17.9%
  4. 7

5.4%
  5. 6

1.8%
  6. 5

1.8%
  7. 4

1.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Studio: Production IG
    Director: Kenji Kamiyana

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    wasn't this one of the episodes that was supposedly set after The Rise of Skywalker?

4. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Yes, but I think it would work very well as an Old Republic story. There aren't any familar designs to tie it to the films, and the Sith really ought to be extinct after TRoS.

CampOfSorgan and Sproj like this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It might be set post-TROS, but it might also be an Old Republic story. The Jedi are all but exinct, and the Sith are still around, so I'm more inclined to believe it's thousands of years before the Saga. We know from the High Republic novels that the Jedi have been purged before.

Then again, it's not canon, so it can be set at any time I suppose.
    I liked it. Not the best, but pretty good.

6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I really liked this one, a jaded, tea drinking droid on break time hehe brilliant! I really liked the twist and The Waiting for Godot feel. The changing light sabres were also cool representing sides

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  7. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Really good short, the end is so good.

CampOfSorgan and Sproj like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think of all the short episodes, this one truly feels like a pilot to a show. It was soo good. I think this felt more like in old republic thenin post TROS story. the ship at the end looks like old ship design, and makes sense in old time to be difficult to find kyber crystals as many worlds probaly scavanged looking for more and more kyber.

9. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    this might be a stupid question but how can I make it into the English voiceover?

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    my head canon is that this is an alternate universe where there were no Death Stars or Luke and Leia. With the force out of balance, dark siders, such as the ones in this animation, rose to challenge Sidious and the Sith Empire fragmented anyway, leading to an era of warfare.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I rather think this might be old republic, when sith and jedi were many.

12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    This might have been my favorite. There were so many great elements, and it hit that core ideal of Star Wars with a young intrepid hero rising to the challenge of facing darkness. I had high hopes from IG, and they certainly delivered.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really enjoyed this one! That temple design is probably one of my favorite across all Star Wars media. Just a gorgeous. And the story of the young daughter of a lightsaber smith rising to become a Jedi herself just felt Star Wars. Great episode! 8/10!

Pro Scoundrel and Sproj like this.
  14. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    I agree this did feel like a pilot to a show. I was like "Come on give me more!"

Sproj and CISMestizo like this.
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The more I think about this one, the more I like it actually. Funny how that works.

16. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    I know for one thing my theories were going back and forth about who Juro was. was he really a Sith who was pretending to be a Jedi? I wasn't expecting the prospective Jedi to actually be Sith. That threw me for a loop.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge, Sproj and 2 others like this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think this works best if it’s set in the Old Republic era during the height of the Sith Empire. The Jedi have been nearly exterminated and with them knowledge of how to forge lightsabers has nearly been lost. The Jedi who remain are younger ones with only a bare minimum of training. Most are masterless now.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Didn't it seem that the sith also lost the knowledge? Also loved the one sith proved to be jedi like Mace with purpble lightsabers Two seniors and two junior jedi. And yeah most likley Old Republic when the sith empire ruled the galaxy.

CISMestizo likes this.
  19. CISMestizo

CISMestizo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2020
    I keep hearing people say that The Ninth Jedi is set after the Saga, but I haven't seen anything corroborating this. The one that seemed the most obviously set after The Rise of Skywalker was The Duel because it had the First Order Troopers. The fact there seems to still be Sith and quite a lot of them would suggest it is set in the past, not the future.

I agree that this feels like it would fit right into The Old Republic period, especially the Thousand Year Darkness as George Lucas described it.

20. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Stated by the director.

solmiller2000 likes this.
  21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It felt like being well after the Saga to me.
    A time when the Jedi of old are long gone, and someone decides to resurrect the tradition.

Star Wars: Episode 15

22. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    This one kind of gave me a Rogue One meets the comics when that small group of remaining Jedi try to destroy Vader after Order 66.

23. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    this could be set Centuries or Millennia after The sequel trilogy. which means that at some point the Sith were reestablished by someone and the cycle started all over again similar to the Star Wars Legacy comics.

Jolee Bindo and GregMcP like this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Not so good as Duel or Bride, but parsecs better than Rhapsody and Twins, IMO. The story held my interest, but
    I wish they'd come up with a more original ending than just fighting it out with sabers

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Felt like I was watching a movie for this one. Those 20 minutes felt like an hour. 9/10.

Fjall, Sproj and CISMestizo like this.