main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Visions: The Ninth Jedi - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 15, 2021.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Oct 6, 2021.
  1. 10

37.5%
  2. 9

33.9%
  3. 8

17.9%
  4. 7

5.4%
  5. 6

1.8%
  6. 5

1.8%
  7. 4

1.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    If they were to make this into a full series, I kind of hope they would avoid making any direct reference to the timeline so it could feasibly be Old Republic. That's probably just me being selfish, though. I'm sure it's post-TRoS for a reason.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  2. Maud'dib

Maud'dib Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 12, 2019
    I liked this new Jedi Order that formed at the end.

3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Loved this one! 10.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  4. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Wow, this one was great. Pretty much enjoyed everything about it. Felt like the beginning to a series.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone else gasp when most of the Jedi there had red blades?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  6. Maud'dib

Apr 12, 2019
    Yeah,that was one hell of a twist.

Saturn830 and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. Maud'dib

Apr 12, 2019
    But, were they actual Sith Lords or Darkside Warriors? [face_thinking]

Fandalorian likes this.
  8. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    I feel like neither side were really true Jedi or Sith. Just people trying to resurrect the orders, with what little knowledge they could glean from old ruins.

Maud'dib, Sarge, Sproj and 1 other person like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I literally blurted out “Oh ****” and I try not to curse in front of my children. [face_blush]:p

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Hands down the best one. Loved it, and want a series. Not meant as a knock, but it's a lot more like what I was wanting from the ST. Again, how well it conveyed stakes, plot, character motivation, and vibe in such a short amount of time, while also having plenty of great action, was master class. Also, best droid.

I also liked that the time/era was undetermined.

11. Rogue Emissary

Rogue Emissary Jedi Knight

May 22, 2015
    This was one of my favorite shorts with The Dual, and the The Village Bride rounding out my top three.

Watching the extra for this episode the producers said it was up to fan response if we get more. He also said he'd love to continue the story.

12. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, I'll be responding loudly.

Hey LFL, MORE PLEASE!

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I have a feeling we’ll be seeing more. It seems to have gone over pretty well with the fanbase.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It's also winning the poll of which short should get further exploration. Fingers crossed LFL is paying attention. Anybody on twitter following the response?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Link?

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I gotta be that person. This one was fun to watch but was probably my least favorite of the anime batch. It's the most conventional though I can't use that as a slight since my favorite is almost as conventional. With all of these, I liked the alternate interpretations of the familiar Jedi, Sith, and Lightsabers philosophy.

Lightsabers that change colors when touched by a different hand and get brighter based on the user's connection with the force, that's just brilliance. Being set fairly far after the Saga gave this one tone of room to play around with how a fledging Jedi Order could be built and stamped out when there is more darkness around. With there being a swordsmith crafting the weapons. Maybe that's where the flatter parts get in the way because the arrogance, impatience, and entitled attitudes of Jedi who answered Margrave's call made it obvious to me they would be traitors. The battle at the end was cool but the animation just didn't seem the smoothest.

By the way, this one ends up a cliffhanger (A number of these do) it could be there are some pilots in here that will get further development and maybe that will help. 6/10.

Fandalorian and Sarge like this.
  17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    That was a kind of sith symbol on the ceiling yeah? I also loved that the rock moon thingy became a Jedi symbol at the end, kind of like a new Jedi tree and the the light beam had broken through the sith ceiling, wonderful symbolism.

18. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    MORE PLEASE

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I have seen it mentioned this episode is post Saga, but it isn’t because it’s not canon.

The whole saber color changing via different hands is just evidence of that.

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think people are just referring to where this would fit on the timeline one way or the other. I'm sure if this got developed as a series and were canon a reasonable explanation could be made for a cool idea like the blade color changing depending on who's holding the saber and getting brighter depending on the user's connection with the force.

21. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Dialogue within the short explains that they are "specially tempered" to do that.

Fandalorian and Seerow like this.
  22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Absolutely amazing! I hope the story will continue in some medium.

23. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    There were large parts of this I liked (in particular the twist at the end with the red sabers), but I also disliked the concept of Jedi going somewhere because some dude is going to make them some lightsabers. Building your own lightsaber is kind of an important part of a Jedi's training. Having someone else be like, "Here's ten, have at it" seems like quite the shortcut.

I get these things are non-canonical, and I've been watching them with an open mind. But that part was a head scratcher to me.

24. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    The Jedi had lost the knowledge of how to construct sabers, and kyber crystals had become almost impossible to find, if I'm recalling the story correctly.

So this wasn't proving any shortcuts. It was about trying to rebuild the Jedi quickly after they had been absent for a long period and had lost much Jedi knowledge.

BigAl6ft6, Jolee Bindo, Sproj and 4 others like this.
  25. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I might have missed that line. Thanks!