main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Visiting the Windy City

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Dec 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I had posted something about this on another thread, but don't know if everyone reads all the threads, so thought i'd post new.

My husband and I are taking a detour through Chi on our way to the Quad Cities for Christmas weekend. We will be in Chicago for two days this week, Thursday and Friday, the 21st and the 22nd. That's right, people, Christmas is one day from tomorrow!! Anyway, thought I'd ask if anyone wanted to get together with us, I'd love to see everyone again. My first idea was dinner and a movie, but hey, we're open to other options.

My preference is for a Thurs night get together, but if I'd see more of you by doing a Fri night thing, that's a possibility. Ideally I'd like to arrive in the Quad Cities (specifically East Moline, IL) by 2 a.m. FriPM/SatAM at the latest. It might only take a couple hours to get there from Chi, I've never driven it before and haven't checked the map yet, so Fri night really might not be a problem.

Le-Penguin: My expectation is to arrive in Chi late Wednesday night, and do the Field on Thursday. Do you want to tell me what time is going to work out best for you? I could keep myself happy checking out the museum forever probably, so no big diff to me.

I may send copies of this out by email. I'm at work actually, (yes, I DO realize that's it's Sunday night, by the LAW stops for no secretary's vacation plans) and if I get enough work done here then I'll email this out. Get back to me by post on this thread or by email - jedigalsteph@hotmail.com

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, the $hit has hit the fan in StL, and I will not be coming to Chicago at all this month. Or even before the MoM leaves the Field. I'm hoping to catch it in Toledo or Houston before it goes overseas, even tho it'll be a hell of a drive. Still planning on getting up there (Chi) for some touristing, haven't done any since I was a little girl, but who knows when it'll happen, maybe not before Capricon.

To Thom and Phil, bummed won't get to see ya, and thanks for your well wishes.

To everyone there in CF, happy holidays. I here you're supposed to get some rough weather, so I'll pray y'all drive sensibly and I don't read about anyone in the news.

3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Geez, fan-realted sh!t accidents are at an all-time high these days, eh? Well, k.i.t. about when yer gonna be in tha neighborhood.

Time to brave the elements...

-Le Penguin
    "I will not buy this record; it is scratched."

4. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    If I am coming up over the next week to see Gladiator and X-Men on IMAX, where would be the best place to park. I am thinking more in terms of closeness and hours than price since there are three or four of us who will be splitting the cost.

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, there's parking at Navy Pier itself. And, there's a discount if you eat at one of their restaurants (not the food court). For 3-8 hours, the regular rate would be $15.50.

Phil

6. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Yeah, parking at the Pier is expensive but worth it for the convenience and split among 3-4 of you. :D

Thom

7. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    I will be up on Friday. I didn't realize they had parking there at the pier, so thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.