main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Voltron: Oh that Defender

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Nov 5, 2020.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well I thought Pidge was going to turn out to be an alien.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    New Live-Action Voltron Movie in the Works for Hollywood

Now this would be interesting if they do it right. I mean, taking into account the scope of CGI technology in movies like the Transformers series, I'd imagine the use of the Voltron Lions and full giant robot would be a walk in the park. The story itself would be the main issue; would they adapt the original story from the 80s anime or the more recent one from the Netflix series?

The2ndQuest likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, the live action Voltron film that was being pitched in the mid/late-00's was inspired by the success of Bayformers and had a more organic look to it. Not quite as extreme as the Power Rangers '17 movie Zord, but definitely Bayformer Megatron-inspired.

[​IMG]

The actual Lions aren't awful (though could be better- there should be a nobility and danger to them), but Voltron itself looks too sea barnacle. It at least is recognizable as Voltron via the head and wings, but here's hoping they take a cue from Bumblebee and Pacific Rim and go with something closer to the original design or an update along the lines of the Netflix series.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well here's hoping if a LA movie will get filmed for an eventual release, the robots will be more recognizable to the animated series.