main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Volunteering at C4 -- 501st coordinating -- website link

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jedifan77, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hope I'm not doing a repeat thread! There's not much info yet, but figured I'd post what I found.

Here's the website where info will be posted when it's available...

and, here's the only info they have there as of right now.

Star Wars Celebration IV Volunteer Information

Coming Soon!

Volunteers who are part of the Celebration IV show, and who work a minimum number of hours, will have the option of reserving rooms in the special volunteer hotel block. If you are interested in volunteering for Celebration IV, volunteer requirements and information will be posted here in the next few weeks.

2. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I want to volunteer! Who's with me??

I didn't at C3, but I figured it would definitely be an interesting experience. :)

3. DARTHVADERUSA

DARTHVADERUSA Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2002
    I volunteered at the autograph hall at C3. It was a blast. I am looking foward to doing it again next year. Working for Gencon though seems to be alot. There was a lot of problems witht the people I dealt with at C3.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I volunteered at the FanForce table at both C2 and C3. I might do it this time as well.

5. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    I volunteered for officialpix at C3 as well, and it sure was a lot of fun!

I'm looking forward to doing it again this time around!

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'll only do OfficialPix.

Anne told me at Comic-Con that they'll be in touch with people as it gets closer, so give it a few months and I'm sure we'll hear from her with all the details.

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    OK - here is the official link for volunteering. It's being run by the 501st (they are the official coordinators), but as you can see FF members are encouraged to sign-up You will have to register to participate. So, read on:

Volunteering at C-IV

8. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Just keep in mind that volunteering for Officialpix and volunteering through 501st are two different things. One has little to do with the other. ;)
    (At least that was the case with C3)

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, that's true, thanks for pointing that out! OfficialPix does their own sign-ups, they won't get in touch until late March/early April.

10. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Since I'm a collector of information, I went ahead and registered on this volunteer site just so I know what's going on. Gotta know what's goin' on, it's just an issue I have!!:D

11. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Anybody else signed up as a GenCon volunteer? I'm not a member of the 501st or any other costuming group but signed up to help out. I volunteered at C3 and there were lots of jobs for folks that don't costume. It really is a lot of fun, has great perks, contributes to the success of C4, and is a good way to meet your fellow fans. I haven't seen much posted on this forum about volunteering for GenCon so I thought I'd throw it out there. It would be nice to know if I might be working with fellow posters.

You can read more about it on the GenCon Celebration website. You can also get info from the volunteer forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.