main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Volunteers from Official Pix

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ZOUKMASTERJEDI, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZOUKMASTERJEDI

ZOUKMASTERJEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Who else out there had the honor of volunteering their time in the autograph hall? I have to say, it was one of the best times I have ever had. The organization put forth was outstanding, and unlike so many other areas of CIII, and I know I don't need to mention them, I am very proud to say I was a part of it. I have no regrets for trading some of my time in order to have had the opportunity to be part of one of the most successful areas of CIII. If there ever is a CIV, there are a few thing to be learned from Official Pix. Props also to the 501st.

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I enjoyed my time there for the most part. While doing crowd control though there were quite a few rude people!

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I enjoyed all 4 shifts. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

4. Aaron2010

Aaron2010 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    I'll agree that the best time I had at C3 was at the Autograph Hall. Meeting a lot of people and seeing some of my favorite character actors from SW was very cool.

I hope they have a C4 and if they do, I want to volunteer for OffPix again.

By the way,

What was the coolest autograph you got ?

Mine was Jake Lloyd. The C3 photo is him and the shadow of Vader.

5. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I had that one, but someone begged me for it so I sold it. I think the coolest one I got was Temura Morrison. I went around Sunday afternoon to get my pictures personalized. I got to Temura and handed the picture to him. He looked at it, said "That looks like sh!t" and ripped it up. He grabbed another one and signed it. Super nice guy.

6. Aaron2010

Mar 14, 2005
    Way cool.

I also got Billy Dee and Dave Prowse. I wanted Matt Wood's.

7. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Hey it was part of the enjoyemtn of the Con. I had fun on my shifts and picked up an extra one just b/c it was so fun...well and they needed some help. And everyone was great to meet. I got some pretty good autos also. I would be surprised if anyone got Matt Wood. He was so busy, he was hardly able to sign any extras. The presigned booth only got a limited amount of those on Saturday (I worked there for a bit). But he was a really nice guy. I sat with him for a shift also. Anyway....I would also volunteer again. It was a great experience.

8. SithLordJay

SithLordJay Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2003
    I most definitely enjoyed my time volunteering and would do it again in a heartbeat. Heck, using the volunteer entrance was enough incentive to get me to volunteer every convention.

9. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    This was by far the best time I had at the con. It was nice to go somewhere to get away from the insanity, where it was well organized and the people were genuinely happy to be there. Sign me up for the next one!

10. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I really enjoyed working though I missed Lucas.I wonder if they will be at gencon also in Indy.I really liked haveing the priveledges of getting in early and my best autograph from the pack is Jeremy Bullock.Plus I also got Kenny Baker.I bought a grievous and a vader.I met David Prowse over at the Imax for Saving Star Wars.

11. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    I have to agree that this was the best time I had at the convention. I did autograph pulling and met some really nice people there. Then I got the priviledge of sitting with Ray Park. He was a super nice guy. All of the volunteers I met there were great. I would volunteer again in a heartbeat! My best autograph from the pack was Peter Mayhew. Hats off to Official Pix!

12. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "What was the coolest autograph you got ?
    Mine was Jake Lloyd."

Jake Lloyd was signing autographs? I met him on Saturday,but I didn't hear anything about autographs. That's really cool. :)

13. Poldark

Poldark Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    I worked four shifts and spent all day Thursday with Paul Blake (Greedo from Episode IV). By the end of the day, I could have answered any of the questions that people asked him (who shot first, why were there two greedos, etc.). I got Paulsome Pacers shirts fo his kids and he signed my autograph album, off the clock so to speak. He suggested I needed to be better about flaunting authority when I told him that I wasn't supposed to ask them to sign for us.

On Friday, I worked with Rena Owen (Taun We from Episode II). What a doll! She rescued me from crowd control on Sunday but asking if I could sit with her while her friend did some other stuff! She ended p giving me two signed postcards that she carried with her in her bag. She also gave me her signed picture of Warwick Davis that he pad sent around to all the other stars since he wasn't in the room. She asked me if I wanted any of the unsigned pictures from the pack they gave her. She wasn't going to use most of them...I took one to be polite but I think she would have given me all I wanted.

These two made the event so special, as did the entire Official Pix crew. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

In my compensation packet, I got all the multi-coupon people, for a total of 20 pics. The bonus pic was Jake Lloyd. I dont' think he ever signed in the hall or, if he did, it was like Warwick and Jay, signing for short periods. The pre-signed store didn't have any of Jake's pics left on Sunday, if they had them at all. So I was glad to get it since it seems a little rarer than the others. I also got Warwick (again!) and Jay in my packet. Of course, that cool volunteer pin that you needed to work a certain number of hours to get. It's cool, too. Just like the VIP pins, but says VOLUNTEER.

14. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    OfficialPix is definatly a class act. They had their stuff together, and ran things so unbelievably well. On top of the fact that their staff was very, very nice to those of us that volunteered. I would work with them without a second thought, no matter where they were.

As for the Jake Lloyd situation, as I understand it(as I was there when someone was asking about his autograph), he was supposed to sign autographs, but decided not to. He did, however, sign roughly 100 pictures, which were then used as the "special bons picture for volunteers.

15. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    As for the Jake Lloyd situation, as I understand it(as I was there when someone was asking about his autograph), he was supposed to sign autographs, but decided not to. He did, however, sign roughly 100 pictures, which were then used as the "special bons picture for volunteers.

They were only given to volunteers to who worked four or more shifts.

~H~

16. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I worked four shifts and got the Jake Lloyd pic. I really enjoyed myself and would definitely work with OfficialPixs again! My favorite autographs thought were Ray Park and then Bodie Taylor. Both men were the sweetest and seemed really interested in the crowds! I am so glad I decided to volunteer! :D

17. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I'm part of the 501st and want to know how you all went about being able to volunteer for Offical Pix. It sounds like a great time was had by all! I would LOVE to be a part of it for C4...if it happens!!

18. Aaron2010

Mar 14, 2005
    I think we did alright. I'm ready to do it again.

Where's Chris (with the red hair) at ??

19. ZOUKMASTERJEDI

ZOUKMASTERJEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Did anyone have the chance to hang with Ralph Brown? From what I understand, it was his his first and only convention doing the autograph thing. He was probally the coolist most down to earth person I met in the autograph hall. I could have spent all my time volunteering just hanging with him.

20. FigrinDan

FigrinDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    I had a great time volunteering with OfficialPix. It was a huge improvement over the Autograph area from CII and was probably the most organized area at CIII. I would definitely do it again.

I volunteered four shifts and received the Jake Lloyd autograph, as well. Everyone is correct, as this was the only way to get his auto. Even the "Ultimate Autograph Set" didn't include this one. But, I'd have to say that my most treasured autographs from CIII were from Steve Sansweet and Rick McCallum. I ran into Steve before the doors opened on Thursday and caught Rick after one of his Spectaculars. Both were very personable in light of their situations. ;)

21. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey Aaron. Chris with the red hair would be Me! It's good to see some people that I met on here. I was hoping I would find them again. How's re-insertion into real life going for ya?
    This years autograph area was run very much better than C2's. I think the main advantage was having it in it's own hall, as opposed to shoving it in the exhibit hall with everything else.

22. Aaron2010

Mar 14, 2005
    Hey, Chris.

Re-insertion into life is slow going. As it is for everyone, I'm sure. I really didn't post so much on these boards until I got the volunteer gig. I expect I'll be hanging around a lot more.

23. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I had a good time volunteering for OP! I only wish I didn't have back to back shifts on sunday! But the made up for by not only giving me autographed pics, but a complete set of pics and a volunteer pin... but I should have looked at my autographed pics a little closer, because I did get some doubles. Oh well!

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I had a wonderful time with O/P... I even sent Anne a heartfelt thank you e-mail.

[face_dancing]

25. jbrianchamberlin

jbrianchamberlin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    I got Billy Dee's for my son. Man was he a jerk! Showed up 1 1/2 hours late and acted like he totally did not want to be there. What a prick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.