main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Vote for your favourite sci-fi character

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by aanakin, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    The National Library is having a competition. Vote for your favourite sci-fi character:
    1)Darth Vader
    2)Yoda
    3)Some trek girl
    4)Some trek guy

All you need to do is to borrow 4 books in 1 receipt, write your phone number at the back and drop it in the box of your choice. So come on people, show your support and vote now:)

2. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    star T*** is BLASPHEMY!!

3. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Tell me, young Skywalker... what is it about Star Trek that you seem to hate so much???

If you have no answer, or if you know nothing about Star Trek, then I suggest that you do your homework first BEFORE making such statements about Star Trek!

If you don't know what you're talking about, then I suggest you don't speak about it at all, rather than to just talk nonsense... 'cos what it does is that it just makes YOU look very foolish indeed.

I'm sure even Anakin did his homework before opening his mouth...

**JediJean is boiling mad!!**

Can we please be more civilized and respectful of Star Trek and the Trekkies?

4. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    POINT 1:It puts a LOT of emphasis on technology.
    POINT 2: Becos of its blasphemy, ppl mistake it for satr wars!!! AND THAT WAD PISS ME OFF THE MOST!! wHY SHUD WE BE OSTRACISED FOR SOME 'TO GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE B4" NONSENSE.
    POINT 3: I think its lame. live long and prosper?? ***. Klingons??! probably some mutant gone wrong.

I apologise if i have offended u in Anyway, which shudnt be the case cos ure a star wars freak not a star ***K schinanigan.

If anyone not happy, talk to my lawyer.
    MTFBWY

5. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    For someone who's already in Poly, you certainly behave like a youngling... get ahold of yourself... that's all I'm saying.

Jedi Knights exercise discipline and they certainly have control over themselves... right now, that's nothing like you... and you just proved it... that's sad.

6. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Awww, come on they weren't so bad. (Well at least at the Tampines Library event)
    Maybe we shouldn't bash them on these forums, people do visit this site you know...think lurkers.

Sorry for all the edits: typo errors

7. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Yazid, Jean's right. I don't know what's gotten over you.. Just beacuse you don't like Star Trek doesn't mean they're all bad! Everyone's entitled to what they like. Those people were rather nice. You can't just generalize like that... ...

8. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Oh and I forgot to vote for who I liked...

Yoda!! With his white strands of hair and gimer stick (it is gimer stick right?)! :p

9. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I'm not taking any sides here but I think both sides are taking this BLASPHEMY thing too seriously....

10. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Oh yeah, Vader! Lord Vader all the way

11. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    hei yazid, relax. u can have all your hatred towards the franchise, but relax.. the fans into st are still human and normal, so relax..

12. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    I voted three times, 2 for yoda! and 1 for Darth vader...i love his weird "Nooooo...!" :p
    ohyah, yaz, maybe you should chill...i also think star trek is 99% blasmaphy but i still try to respect them as fans of their own liking...like everyone here. :)

13. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    YAZID ! Get ahold of yourself man. Even if you don't like Star Trek, the fans and actors are still human ! DUDE ! They are not Klingons or Vulcans, they are in fact very nice people. Seriously, I do not like Star Trek as well, watched it, know it, but just don't like it. But come on la, the actors and fans are still humans man...

14. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm, actually what do you get for voting?

15. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    So be it... U betrayed me. all of you! Traitors!
    so how? like my new ani attitude? :)

16. padawan_princess

Apr 28, 2005
    Yazid Not one bit. Please change back. NOW!

Jazz Umm, I can go check, I think you can win some sort of hamper...I'm not sure. Will check tomorrow.

17. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    LOL old Annie was better.. *nods*

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    padawan_princess - Thanks a lot!

19. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey Yazid, isn't your line "if you're not with me, then you're my enemy" ?? =p

20. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Hey when's this voting thing closing ar? =) No time to go library lately...just so busy... See tis what happens when you procrastinate and only do all your work last minute..man I don't even have time to sleep! =/

21. padawan_princess

Apr 28, 2005
    Yazid-"You're a good person, don't do this!"

Okay, here's what I managed to find out:

Vote For Your Favourite Science Fiction Character!
    13 June - 10 July

With loan receipt(s) of 4 items from any of the participating libraries*, vote for your favourite science fiction character and stand to win a fun hamper and 5 consolation prizes.

*Participating libraries:
    Bedok, Geylang East, Marine Parade, Pasir Ris, Senkang, Tampines

1)Star Wars-Yoda
    2)Star Wars-Darth Vader
    3)Star Trek-First Contact:Worf
    4)Star Trek-Voyager:Seven of Nine

One loan receipt will be considered as one vote. Write your contact number at the back and drop it into the respective boxes. Loan receipts must be within the contest dates. This contest will end on the 10th of July. The winners will be selected through a lucky draw from the votes of the winning science fiction character, and notified by phone.

I asked the librarians at the counter about the prizes and the hamper thingy, but they said they didn't know as the contest was organized by the HQ. Sigh...anyway I'll vote just for fun.;)

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks for the info!

Think I'll go down to Marine Parade library tomorrow and borrow some writing books that I need.

:)

23. padawan_princess

Apr 28, 2005
    Guess who won? :p

24. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Darth Vader?

25. padawan_princess

Apr 28, 2005