main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wackiness of Pets & Padawans (April Fool's Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Apr 1, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Wackiness of Pets & Padawans

Thanks so much @mavjade for coming up with this.

Included elements below:
    * A Stuffed Animal

* My random Wookieepedia page was about Ahsoka Tano:
    here

* 3rd line of dialogue is:
    “Mr. Ren. Can you see that Blackie has testes? Can you see? Familiar sight, maybe?”

* Words included:
    1: Cattywampus - askew
    2: Cockamamie - implausible
    3: Flibbertigibbet - someone who is silly and talks incessantly
    4: Gobbledygook - gibberish
    5: Smicker - to look amorously at someone
    6: Goombah - an older, protective friend

---

Ciera enjoyed her class in Galactic History, particularly because her immediate family had literally participated in much of its more momentous victories.

She asked her Dad, Luke, if he'd ever met Ahsoka Tano in his grand adventures.

"No, but I always hoped I would." he replied with regret and asked her what she had learned about Ahsoka in class.

She related riveting and resourceful adventures with Anakin and Obi-Wan, little realizing how eagerly Luke was soaking up every detail.

It was almost, Luke reflected with amusement, as if his daughter were telling him a 'bedtime story.'

He tucked her in, and she settled down to sleep soundly with a plushy stuffed mooka-pup next to her.

Luke and Mara had decided that she was too young to have a 'real live' pet, even though Han and Leia's twins had one.

Leia and Han could share a fact or two about pet owners, but they didn't because Luke and Mara would claim it was cocamamie.

Tanda and Jaina had a pet tooka named Sneakers because of the unique color pattern around his paws.

When Han and Leia took the pitten to be neutered, they heard the vet say with exasperation to the owner before them: “Mr. Ren. Can you see that Blackie has testes? Can you see? Familiar sight, maybe?”

"Someone's a bit confused," Han murmured, and Leia stifled a laugh.

"It is so refreshing dealing with owners who don't need the most basic things explained," was her comment on greeting the Solos.

Leia smirked. "We couldn't help but overhear..."

The vet merely rolled her eyes as if to say: "You have no idea."

There was nothing Luke and Mara liked more than an excuse to spar with one another with sabers, and demonstrating before Jedi-in-training was the perfect venue.

When the Padawans took to the sparring ring, things became very cattywampus. It took at least an hour after the session ended to straighten out the sparring room, much to the frazzled circuitry of the cleaning droids.

A young Talz was a flibbertigibbet and could never stop talking; she consistently failed to pay attention, distracting everyone else in the room.

Mara cautioned Luke: "Don't go into any kind of detail about Jedi philosophy; the students would merely call it a bunch of gobbledygook."

Luke took his wife's advice and refrained. Still, he did manage to slip in a Yoda-ism now and again, since Yoda was the Jedi's quitessential goombah.

What the apprentices enjoyed more than the superb display of skill was when the Skywalkers smickered at one another, which they did quite often.

+++

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Kahara, gizkaspice, SiouxFan and 3 others like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun with all the strange words

3. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    "Don't go into any kind of detail about Jedi philosophy...." I chuckled at this line....can you imagine taking a class in Jedi philosophy? I would imagine a real snooze-fest for most students!

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh what fun! I think that what I liked best about this was how 'slice of life' you were able to keep this piece, even while weaving together so many disparate elements! It really did feel like just another day in a galaxy far, far away - full of smiles and tender moments and our heroes just being able to enjoy living the lives they've fought for the right to live. Beautiful! [face_love]

And, in particular . . .

I really adored this detail. [face_love] When you think about it, the events of the PT, and TCW in particular, weren't that far back in galactic history - but the Empire tried so hard to erase any positive mention of the Jedi from mind! Luke is learning as much as his daughter from what they've reclaimed, and that has to be a bittersweet feeling. [face_love]

Aw! [face_love] I loved this mental image of Luke and a youngling and tucking in at bedtime. La la la, canon, I can't hear you; this is totally what happened instead. :p [face_mischief]

Oh my goodness, but I had a good chuckle here! I had no idea how you were going to be able to work that line in at first, but you certainly managed! :p :oops: [face_laugh]

Because Luke would totally be the one dropping 'pearls of wisdom' and 'dad jokes' both. Yes, yes he would. [face_laugh] [face_love]

How did I know that you would be able to work in the word smicker with such aplomb? ;) [face_mischief] I loved how soft and sweet and snarky you wrote L/M all throughout this. Perfect! It's just the way they should be!

Thank-you for sharing this fun vignette with us, and participating in the challenge! =D= [:D]

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Aww! This was a perfect mix of sweet and funny, and you did a fantastic job of working in the prompts! I especially love the Luke/Mara bits. [face_love]

6. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    LOL! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] I find it hilarious and ironic from an out of universe perspective that the "Mr Ren" in question is Han and Leia's son from the Disney-dimension and Han just gave a VERY accurate comment there. [face_rofl][face_rofl] What a great use of the prompts. I also love Sneakers the tooka.