main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wales Favorite Star Wars Movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Maulster-79, Feb 22, 2005.

?

Wales Favorite Star Wars Movie?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. A New Hope

10.0%
  2. Empire Strikes Back

10.0%
  3. Return of the Jedi

50.0%
  4. The Phantom Menace

5.0%
  5. Attack Of The Clones

5.0%
  6. Caravan of Courage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Battle for Endor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Revenge of the Sith (May 05+)

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maulster-79

Maulster-79 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2005
  2. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    duh, i meant to vote for ESB but i clicked on ROTJ instead.

i'll get back in my box again

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I think putting Caravan of Courage in there is being slightly optimistic to say the least!

I would like to vote for ROTS, but seeing as it doesn't really exist as a film yet, I can't really give it my vote.

Its too obvious to vote for Empire and a New Hope is also to popular for its own good.

So we're left between TPH, AOTC and Jedi.

My vote goes to AOTC.

I really enjoyed that one, I thought it was great!

4. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    i have an ethical dilemma, whether to sign in as a sock and sway this highly scientific vote in favour of Empire :p

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Don't make me get my socks out Stuey!

I haven't washed them for a long time and they're pretty smelly.

6. ManicStreetPreacher

ManicStreetPreacher Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2003
    don't ask me how i'm privvy to this information but that Stuey fella has far too many sock for his own good, i think he forgot how many he had and how much time he's wasted in the past

7. Tom_Bombadil

Tom_Bombadil Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2002
    *dances merrily into the thread*

hopefully he will be sensible little hobbit and not hijack the thread with them

8. TaffyMan_Vampire

TaffyMan_Vampire Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    Personally, I agree with that devilishly handsome and brilliant CR of ours, Welshguy.

Clones all the way.

What a guy!

9. Paelleon

Paelleon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2005
    I weirdly made the same error as the second poster. Must be some trick of the light. ESB for best Star Wars film, and by some margin.

10. Brigand

Brigand Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I reckon mosy people meant to vote for ESB but voted for ROTJ by mistake, I had to double check to make sure I got the vote right, what stupid layout for a poll!! TF.N should sort that out!!

11. Darth_Zao

Darth_Zao Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Empire Strikes Back all the way.

12. generalgreivous4

generalgreivous4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    I love all five movies, they all great, but if I had to choose a favourite, it would be 'The Empire Strikes Back'.

13. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    lol, I think most SW fans like 'Empire Strikes Back' while non-SW fans, who don't really know the storyline well, prefer A New Hope. Plus there are some who actually like the prequels--mainly coz of the SFX :)

14. DarthVader10

DarthVader10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2005
    i love return of the jedi.

even though vader dies i like it

15. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    The Empire Strikes Back , for now... gets my vote as it's just a 'special' star wars movie and has alot more than the other's have, it's incredible, but.. I do feel as if Revenge Of The Sith has that sort 'special' feeling to it also, this movie just looks incredible, and gives you that sense of feeling of 'aah, the original trilogy is back' - it feels and looks like how the original star wars were portrayed back in 1977, 1980 and 1983, so my vote on Empire may change once I see Revenge of The Sith. [face_love]

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    This is what I find most puzzling. All of these magazines and newspapers are having the definative SW poll or opinion, when one of the bloody movies hasn't even been seen by 99.9% of the general public. How exactly are we supposed to judge the merits of a movie that to all extents and purposes, doesn't exist yet??

17. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    That's true, but most critics who criticise these film's share there brain cell with the rest of the critic and dumbasses in this world, they always say the most negative thing possible, even tho they probably didn't want to, but being a critic, you are forced to give some sort of 'negative' side to things, why i do not know and i dont understand it, they'll sit there and pick at the most littlest thing, whilst every other random person in the world, will not even notice what this critic has picked up on, and we cant not make a clear cut judgement of the movie yet, if it is not out, as you also clearly mentioned in your post, why i posted something similar, empire strikes back for now, maybe revenge of the sith after a few screenings, if not, revenge of the sith will become 2nd to empire strikes back, my personal opinion.

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I don't think I will ever fully understand the mind of a movie critic? I can understand how they get the way they do, watching film after film, after film. It must be hard to keep yourself in the position of a "normal person", and while little details that wouldn't even register with a normal person, with a critic they become the reason to hate and slate a movie.

Its sad and pathetic in a way, and leaves me very frustrated sometimes.

One of the worst movie reviews i've even read was in a newspaper (can't remember which one, maybe Sun or Mirror), where the reviewer critised Return of the King because it didn't have any car chases??????

I mean what the hell?

But people like George Lucas don't make movies for the critics, they make them for the fans, and I think that is one of the reasons why the critics hate him so much. Hes just so successful and rich that he doesn't have to pander to their views.

On an interesting side note, his first movie THX-1138 was hailed as a critical masterpiece, however I found it almost unwatchably dull!

Commercial success of critical success??

Looks like George picked the right path.

19. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    Exactly true, at least we both share the same view's on critics, and yeah I know where your coming from with THX-1138, that was like his high school project thing wasn't it , something similar anyhows, Willow I really enjoyed by George Lucas tho, If I had to be perfectly honest, hehe.. I never listen to any of the critics or review's i read which has anything bad to say, I remember them criticising Attack of the clones, when i went to see that I thought it was incredible, I walked all the way home from the UGC cinema, buzzing my b's off and couldn't wait for this moment, which has finally arrived. [face_love]

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I loved Clones also and seem to remember mostly positive reviews. But somehow in the last three years it has got pegged along with Phantom Menace as a critical flop??

Ehhhh no?

But I suppose thats critics for you, as fickle as Fickle Mcfickle, the first Mcfickle to qualify top of his fickle class as Fickle University.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.