main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Saga - OT Walking Free In Time - Fanfic Summer Olympics - Leia Decathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by amidalachick, Jul 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: Walking Free In Time
    Genre: Various
    Characters: Leia, various
    Notes: Written for the Fanfiction Summer Olympics hosted by the wonderful @devilinthedetails.

I'm so excited to try writing on the SW side again! This decathlon features Leia and whoever else decides to make an appearance, which will probably be Han, Luke, and Chewie.:p The events are listed below, and full details for each event are in the main thread.

The title for this collection is taken from Yesterday's Child by Patti Scialfa. It's a lovely song, and something about it just sounds like Leia to me.

Thank you for reading, and thank you again to @devilinthedetails for coming up with this, and thank you to all the other participants for all these awesome stories! :)

Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

400 Word Cross Country

110 Word Hurdle: Take Time And Dry Your Eyes

Prime Time Coverage

1500 Word Dash

100 Word Sprint

AU Archery

Fantastical Fencing

4x100 Relay

200 Freestyle

Single Sentence Shot Put

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: Take Time And Dry Your Eyes
    Characters: Leia, Luke
    Timeframe: End of RotJ
    Genre: Fluff, of course :p
    Notes: Written for the 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned.

This isn't very creative, but I was majorly stressing out over some of my other writing and decided to work on something different. I rewatched the end scene to refresh my memory on the details and it gave me happy shivers. That's the Star Wars I love. [face_love]

Title for this piece is taken from Too Many Tears by Elton John.

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy! :)

Take Time And Dry Your Eyes

She can't stop smiling.

The night is euphoric, filled with music and laughter as they all celebrate victory over the Empire.

She can't remember the last time she felt so light, so happy. She knows there's more work to do, that there's always more work to do, but for tonight it can wait.

She looks over from her spot at Han's side and notices Luke, standing off on his own.

She goes to her brother. He doesn't seem upset, he's just looking off into the distance, smiling. She feels something like peace.

Tomorrow they can talk.

For now she puts her arms around him and together they rejoin the party.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Ewok Poet, brodiew, Kit' and 5 others like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great piece showing her feelings at that moment of peace

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful - so very!!! This is also the SW I love. :* :D

5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Beautiful work! I can really feel Leia's joy as the Empire is defeated:)

And thank you for participating in this challenge! It is awesome to see so much excellent participation from so many different posters. It's all that participation that has made this event so special so far.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Ewok Poet, gizkaspice, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    YAY! A Leia decathlon. Yep; I'll be watching this thread with great interest. ;) [face_love]

As easily expected, this is off to a wonderful beginning! I couldn't even find anything particular to quote because every word of this so perfectly captured this moment in time for Leia, all together. Yes there's more to do, there's always going to be another battle to fight and win, but for now they have won and Leia has every reason to bask in the moment! And, of course, pull Luke into that moment too when he's lost in his own grief. Just perfect. [face_love]

This is just gorgeous, again! I can't wait to see where you take this decathlon next! :D [face_dancing] =D= [:D]

7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    What a lovely vignette! I love how even though Leia realizes this isn't the end of the struggle that it's good and important to take this time to celebrate what they've accomplished. I can see why she would feel light with the yoke of the Empire's oppression lifted from the Galaxy. And I love that she feels a sense of peace, rather than grief, from Luke because even though Anakin is no more, he died redeemed and at peace. It's good that she is able to bring Luke into the celebration, too. Tomorrow is soon enough for talking about all the weighty issues. Tonight is the time to just be.

Great start; looking forward to seeing more.

Ewok Poet, gizkaspice, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  8. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wonderful look at the immediate aftermath of a near-lifetime of war coming to an end. @};- Those feelings of peace and happiness were well-earned by them all.

Looking forward to more!:D

9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Nice scene showing Leia being finally able to relax herself, to be happy for a moment after a long time of strive and struggling. :)

10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    What a wonderful scene to start off a Leia decathlon! A great moment showing Leia being able to relax--if even for just a bit--to enjoy the celebration. Looking forward to where this goes!

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Aww what a wonderful start. I can picture where this belongs on the whole saga so clearly. Amazing work

12. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Nicely done, amidalachick. I like Leia's relief and her willingness to let tomorrow's trouble be for tomorrow. I also enjoyed her sense of Luke's peace. Well done. :)

13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I keep on running into vignettes about this particular fictional evening, which makes me happy. :) And since I have just read your other Leia vignette where she is not that happy, it was only right that I stumbled upon one where she is happy, even for a short while. Loved it.

This. Precisely this. So much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.