main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Wallpaper Competition - Jedi Order theme winner announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by odj_310388, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I vote for BurntTheMacaroni, although I like all of them. I just love the text in her's, the arrangement and the choice of pictures.

2. JeedaiElf

JeedaiElf Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I vote for the Darth Vader one by Jedi_Commander_Faofa
    I like the cool liquid effect in the background

3. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    I believe I'm female... least I was the last time I checked. ;)

And since there's no rule that says I can't vote for my own, that's what I'm going to do. I like all the other ones, but I just love the way this one turned out, I'm quite proud of it. :D

4. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    I'll follow to trend and vote for myself.. Weeee that's.. 2!

Although the others are very nice!!! Everyone came up with some nice stuff!

5. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Ooooh now we're tied....]-}

6. Princess_Bunhead

Princess_Bunhead Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    Oooooo, these are all very lovely! I do have to say BurntTheMacaroni's I like the best :)

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    D'oh :oops:[face_blush] Sorry :p

8. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I didnt put the rule down that people couldnt vote for their own because I thought people would be modest enough not to. ;) But I guess its ok if you want to vote for your own. :)

5 Days left of voting.

9. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    My vote goes to...Yellodart.

I just really like it. Great idea with "Sith Happens" at the bottom.
    And how you have his face in his hood- thats just cool.
    Great job everyone, really impressive.

-NeF

10. YellowDart

YellowDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    I vote for the Vader wp from Odj_310388. I don't believe in voting for myself.

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I like Odj_310388's wallpaper.

AG88

12. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    I didn't vote for myself because I was immodest or because I'm selfish or anything like that. I have always believed that a person voting for their own work shows that they are confident of what they have done, that they believe in their creation and fully support it. That's the message I was attempting to send when I voted for my wallpaper. I am proud and confident of the work I have done and I want people to know that I am.

If that makes me a bad person, then I guess I am. [face_monkey] [face_devil]

13. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    I'm gonna have to agree with Ice_Ghost.

Honestly, i like my wallpaper... No one else did Mara, which is cool. I like how everyone pretty much did something different, i just happen to like my wallpaper alot. Although i think everyone did a fantastic job

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Heh, I don't really care about how people define "modest" around here. My thoughts are, if you are proud of what you have done or did, you post your artwork here. Especially if you enter it in contests.

Me personally, I don't vote in contests I'm a part of.

Good luck to all contestants for this theme!

15. YellowDart

YellowDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    Of course you like your wallpaper the best. I like mine the best, too. I am sure everyone likes their own the best. You wouldn't have entered it if you weren't proud of your work. You don't want to vote for someone else's work because it is like voting against yourself, however, how would it feel if you won by one vote - your own vote.

If it were an election, or something important in life, of course I would vote for myself. But in a contest like this, it just seems selfish to vote for your own. In graphics contests on live journal, no one is allowed to vote for themselves to eliminate that bias.

Maybe the solution is that people who enter art should not be able to vote at all, but then there wouldn't be enough votes. I don't think there is a solution, but there is clearly a split.

16. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm inclined to agree with you. I think from now on I'll take a page from your book and not vote if I submit an entry. It just seems better that way.

17. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    yea.... Im thinkin we should scratch our vote for ourselves.. just to be fair... and to not cause trouble

18. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Theres no trouble if you want to vote for yourself thats fine I was just saying that I personaly wouldnt vote for myself. :)

19. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm not going to scratch my vote. But I won't be voting in the future.

I may not be participating at all anymore. I'm working full time again and I may not have the time to dedicate to turning out good results. I do enjoy the challenge, but time may no longer permit me to participate.

20. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Aw thats a shame darth real life strikes again. :p

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Seems to be hitting everyone recently. I've been suffering onslaughts from him as well. Can't figure out how to stop him sometimes. ;)

22. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Voting over for Dark Side Wallpaper! We have a 3 way tie all with 2 votes each BurntTheMacaroni, Ice_Ghost11 and myself. I've pmed HanSolo29 for her deciding vote. So stay tuned everyone! :D

23. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I vote for Ice_Ghost

24. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Your vote came in a bit to late sorry Handmaiden_Azul, try voting before the closing day next time. ;) I've got the deciding vote from HS29 and it turns out she picked my wallpaper The Darth Vader/Anakin one which makes BurntTheMacaroni and Ice_Ghost11 joint seccond place. :)

Getting right onto the next contest...

New theme for this week: Obi-Wan Kenobi - One of the few characters to span through all 6 of the films is the focus of this weeks competition.
    So everyone get those programs fired up and have fun! :D
    Contest open untill Friday 21st April.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Congrats to our winner!

I'm semi-cheating and pulling one out of my hat that I did a while ago, hope you all don't mind - it's completely appropriate for this great theme :D

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Obi%20Wan%20Kenobi%20copy.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.