main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Wallpapers, banners, and other art by Jedi_Commander_Faofa: On Haitus

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I finally got around to making another wallpaper. Surprising since I've been so busy. But here it is.

Dark Fate
    [image=http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/285/7/c/Dark_Fate_by_FencerScokeFaofa.jpg]

I think I got the color and tone down well. I was experimenting with brushes too.

Comments appreciated!

2. skywalker212005

skywalker212005 Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2005
    my artwork is on
    I am a siggie creator.

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Wow! I really like it! I think the colors blend well.

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    OK...
    ...hey, I made your icon you are sporting! :)

Thanks for the comments Runya! :D

5. Tom-Co

Tom-Co Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    Great work buddy, I love the way u blended the text into the clouds REAL profesional looking, great job

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I have been making more FanArt, I just haven't posted here in a while... Been storing my stuff at deviantART. But here's an update.

I recently discovered a way to make pictures look like paintings in Photoshop. It has to deal with a filter or two, and brushes/erasers. I of course decided to experiment with it with various Star Wars pictures. So, here are the final products.

Vader on Mustafar
    General Grievous
    Darth Vader
    X-Wing in Space

If you view as the full versions, you can see more of the detail, especially on the X-Wing one. I put a star background in it.

Comments, as always, are appreciated! :)

Good to be back here at the FanArt boards, it's been a while. :)

7. Tom-Co

Tom-Co Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    Ya I saw those pics on DeviantArt, they look great :D

8. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Hey, nice to see ya back and nicely done. The one that stands out the most and would probably be my favourite is General Greivous. That one in particular looks as though it was actually concept artwork. They all sort of appear to me like rough marker work, maybe...just with sharper edges and lines. Hmmm...I don't really know what I'd call it exactly, but I like it, so I guess that's all that matters, right? :D

I've got a small suggestion for the X-Wing pic though. It's nice that you added a star bg, but maybe try to throw in some different sized stars (like a few slightly larger here and there) as well as some of different brightness levels to the mix.

- Suz ^_~

9. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/padmelost.jpg]

This is my fave^

10. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    All very nice wallpapers. I have to agree with Your_Worshipfulness, you should put different sizes of stars. The background looks much too uniform.

I love your Vader on Mustafar, but I think maybe Vader would look a little more menacing if you increased the lighting contrast. This is what I mean: http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/9804/vaderandlava6wz.jpg

But I realize it is entirely personal preference. It looks great the way you have it also.

Great job. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

AG88

11. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Faofa! Yes, it had been a while. I'm glad to see that you keep working and are not as lazy as I am......
    Nice pieces, my fav. are the X-Wing and Anakin at Mustafar. The light on his shoulder is great.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thanks for your comments everyone!

academygrad88, thanks for that pic of the comparisons. I will definitely keep that in mind next time I decide to do something like that. I was afraid that it would be too bright if I did that, so I didn't try it (the contrast).

I am working on fixing the X-Wing's background... It was a bit uniform. I found a way to make it look like there's clusters of stars in it, so I'm probably going to be updating that piece soon.

Once again, thanks for all of your comments. I really appreciate it.

Kenobi

^This one I was working with a trick I learned with vector masks that a friend taught me. Not much, but I think it's "got it where it counts".. ;)

Burning In His Own Flame

^This one I think is one of my best wallpapers yet. I took a lot of time getting this one to my specs. I found yet another way I could make fire... Hehe.. I just really like the way it turned out. (Sorry, had to load this up at Photobucket, so the sizing is off.. deviantART is giving me problems about it. More about that later.)

Arwen

^I am taking a break from making SW work for now... I'm going to concentrate on LOTR stuff. Sure, I'll still do SW stuff, but I would just like to see how I am with the LOTR work. It's something different, you know? Anyways, this is the first WP in a series I'm making. I think it turned out well.

Anyways, please post comments, cause you know I love em. ;)

13. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, they are really good. I love Arwen, can I use her for the background of my computer please? [face_batting]

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    That's what I make them for. :D Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! :)

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I just wanted to post this notice out for those who care.

Recently, I have been having problems with DeviantART. They have decided that my work is "Copyright Violation", and have taken down and banned all of my Star Wars and LOTR artwork I have ever created.

I am, needless to say, not happy about any of this.

You can read about my thoughts on the situation at my LiveJournal. Here are the three entries I have made on the subject, and the journal entry I made at my deviantART page.

Entry #1
    Entry #2
    Entry #3
    deviantART journal page
    deviantART journal page 2

I'm sorry for any inconvienience this has possibly caused. Believe me, it's a bigger one for me. ;) I am still in talks with them about this, but I don't think it will last. It's very possible I am going to leave DA. I will probably have to make my own website to post my work at. That will take time, but I know that I won't have my work deleted. That's a plus. ;)

I would also like to warn others of this situation. I hope that I'm not the only one that has this problem, but truly, if you're going to have policies like DA has, then you have to stick with them, not pick and choose what to ban and what not to ban. You have to ban ALL of them. No matter what excuse you have.

This page might be frozen for a bit, but hopefully I will have something up and running soon. I promise. I won't go fading into the shroud of the dark side. :)

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Announcing my new art website! All of my works have been uploaded and you can see them all at your leisure. I hope you enjoy, and tell me what you think!

Newest works:

Galadriel
    [image=http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5520/galadrielwp7ab.jpg]

Gandalf
    [image=http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1281/gandalfwp1zr.jpg]

I really liked how these turned out. I had a lot of fun making the Galadriel background. I followed Your_Worshipfulness's and academygrad88's advice on making the stars. I think this time around I made it work. I don't know if I went over the line with them or not, but if I did, I think the work is still pretty good.

Comments are appreciated! :D

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    :eek: *eyes fall out*
    Wow, I love Galadriel! Great how her hair disappears into the background, which fits perfect to Galadriel.
    Can you please also tell me how to make these letters? They look wonderful.

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    The font is called Elven Common Speak. You can find it here. :)

Well, two more wallpapers were finished a few days ago. This time, it's Aragorn and Legolas's turn.

I had a big problem with the Legolas one. It just never looked right. The picture was bad, and didn't fit into what I wanted to do. So I scrapped the first wallpaper and created a whole new one. I think you might be wondering why I chose water for the wallpaper. In Tolkien's books, the elves had a condition called "sea-longing", where if they went next to the sea, they got homesick for their "homeland", across the sea into the west. I've read some fanfic on this issue too, and it was interesting to me. So, I decided that I put a picture of water that I took in the wallpaper, and put some brushes and filters into it, to make it look more like the other wps in the series. I then found a better Legolas picture (one of him at Lothlorien), and blended that into the work. It turned out way better than the last one. However, I still think that this work could be better. It doesn't matter though, as I think I've spent too much time with this character. ;) I will make a better Legolas one in the future. I just really wanted to make a wallpaper of him with water, and see if it worked. I think it did.

[image=http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/6436/legolaswpv20hp.jpg]

The Aragorn one was more fun to make. Right as I was finishing the work though, my computer mysteriously shut off and restarted, making my night, for about 15-20 min., depressing. I quickly tried to make the work the way it was, but I still think the first one was better. However, I do think that this work was done very nicely, and it might be my favorite in the LOTR series, although I'm not sure yet.

[image=http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/2589/aragornwp9so.jpg]

Comments appreciated!

19. Tom-Co

Tom-Co Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    to tell the truth.. i though they had good blending... but there kind of empty... they both have SO much room on the sides.. i though u could have done way more with then.

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hmm.. That they do... I was thinking of putting something else in there. But I was going for a subtle look. Not everyone wants their PC's backgrounds to be loaded with images. :)

Saruman

[image=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/862/sarumanwp8mx.jpg]

Enjoy! Comments appreciated!

I took what was said above, and still tried to make it subtle, but I think this one is probably the busiest wallpaper yet. I think it worked well, but I'm afraid it might stand out more than the others, or at least on the borderline. Hmm.

Updated Aragorn

[image=http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4832/aragornwp7dy.jpg]

I think Tom-Co was right; there was something else needed in that wallpaper. How does it look?

21. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, they are cool. [face_love] Aragorn looks very very good.

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Legolas: Final Version

[image=http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/9233/legolasfinal1ny.jpg]

This is the final version. No more Legolas! I think I did it this time around! What do you think?

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    *starts to sing* Don't you know you are the one, I adore? What's the way to your heart......

I [face_love] Legolas. Orlando Bloom not so much, but Legolas is a great character. Great character = great wallpaper! =D=

24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thanks Chilla!

And I'm SO glad you like Legolas as a character, not because the actor who portrayed him was Orlando Bloom. :)

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, finals are coming up, and I have lots to do regarding schoolwork and crap.. 4 papers due soon, and 8 final drawings I have to do for my drawing class. Bleh. This means of course that I won't really have time to do wallpapers and such... :( Makes me sad, but college is sucking my soul away involuntarily. ;) Over the break I hope to bombard my thread with new work, so for those who care, I haven't really gone anywhere. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.