main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Wallpapers, banners, and other art by Jedi_Commander_Faofa: On Haitus

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Hey, long time, no post. Again. [face_plain]

Anyways, I was just popping in to notify those interested of my newest work...

Head over to the St. Louis Fanforce board to see the new banner! Took me a bit, had fun making it, I think it turned out really good.

Comments appreciated!

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Cool. Wish I could make that good banners....

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Long time no update.

Just a few pics here. I've done work since my absense... ;)

Here's some of it, some Star Wars, some not.

iPod: Yoda!!!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ScottsPics/Various%20Pics/iPodyoda.jpg]

^My first attempt at doing iPod ad-like images. Thought this would be humorous. ;) I think it turned out better than I thought it would.

Do Or Do Not

[image=http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8082/yodawp8gt.jpg]

^A wallpaper I did for the LiveJournal Yoda Fanart contest back in January.

Dripping Greenery

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ScottsPics/Various%20Pics/paintdrawgreenery.jpg]

^Just an effect I experimented with. Looked kinda cool. On the next one I do like this, I'm going to make sure that the picture I'm dealing with isn't so detailed, I think it might look better that way.

Planet Design #1

[image=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9979/planet25sk.jpg]

^A planet I designed in Photoshop. I'm trying to come up with a planet look for my Star Wars fanfiction story I'm writing. It's not Mustafar. It is however a firey planet, but it's not all lava. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but I still liked the turnout.

4. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] LOL, love the "iPod Yoda"! [face_laugh]

Unfortunetly my computer doesn't load the second, although the link doesn't seem to be broken..... [face_thinking]

The third looks really cool. I must keep that in mind in case I should want to do something similar in the future. You've set the layer properties to emboss, right? :)

The planet looks great! =D= Also like it very much. Very hot! :D

Love to see you again here and thanks for everything you've done for me! [:D]

5. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    iPod Yoda
    Check it out! Yoda is listening to some tunage! He may be all blacked out, but he's definately easily recognizable. :D

*wonders what song is playing*

Dripping Greenery
    Odd idea - Cool effect. The B&W part looks to be too high in contrast though (or maybe it's due to playing with the Levels). I find it hard to look at it somewhat. But nevertheless, nice idea.

Yoda Wallpaper
    The messy string mass in the BG makes for an unusual yet wonderful effect. It sort of reminds me of hair. I like how in some areas it seems much more rough looking, almost rustic to a degree, while in others it flows out nicely. Interesting how you displayed his 'past' and 'present' form together like that, to show both sides of the character. I don't think the font for the line 'Do or Do not', matches to well, but that's a personal opinion - and I'm very picky when it comes to ading text and how it should appear. (Very Picky ;p)

Planet Design #1
    ...You can do that in Photoshop? Looks good. (I think I have a guess as at how you made it.) Nice texture, and it definately looks like a firey planet. I like the areas closer to edge moreso than in the center, as I think it looks more like realistic land masses would.

- Suz ^_~

6. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Ha, now I can see the second. That's great! :) I love it. [:D] Also like the colors very much. =D=

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thank you for the comments you two. :)

Hmmm.. I dunno.. "It's Not Easy Being Green"? "Yoda" by Weird Al? "Nobody But Me" by Human Beinz? "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" by Tomoyasu Hotei (song in Kill Bill Volume I)? Whatever the crap that stuff was that he was dancing to in the ROTS easter egg? You pick. ;)

Yes, that is the problem with it, you hit it dead on. The next one I'm going to do will have less background, and a center focus. That way there won't be as much going on.

Yeah, Bevel and Emboss. I fooled around with those a bit for the paint effect.

Well, here's my newest piece. Made it in regards to the EU wallpaper contest, but I also wanted to do a general NJO wallpaper sometime, and I found my excuse. ;) Comments always appreciated.

The New Jedi Order

[image=http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4976/flamenjo3ya.jpg]

8. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    i normally lurk in fan art since i;m no artist, but i just had to come out and say that NJO one is awesome. =]

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thanks! BTW, love the quote in your sig. :)

10. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! :eek: Scoke, you're great! [:D]

11. Tom-Co

Tom-Co Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    Great Stuff pal [face_dancing]

12. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005

uh, which one???

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Both actually. But I really like the Ganner one. :)

14. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    Thanks...i think is pretty much represents the whole book.

the piggy of punishment [face_pig]

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, it's not Star Wars, but it's something that I thought was cool that I did the other day in Photoshop.

Basically, I decided I'd figure out how to make snow in a picture in Photoshop. I saw an idea for one, and I thought I'd expand on it a bit. Turned out better than the other example I was going off of I think. So here it is.

I took this picture in Disney World last year...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ScottsPics/Various%20Pics/IMG_0377.jpg]

And now, behold, there is snow... in Disney World... :D

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ScottsPics/Various%20Pics/disneyworldsnow.jpg]

Comments appreciated. :)

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Hm...have already I told you that this is phantastic? o_O :D Nope, my words were "incredible" and "very realistic" and it's true. That looks wonderful! =D= Please do more and post it here!

17. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I take it that snow is a test for out banner? :p
    Nice job tho!=D=

-Mace-

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Only time will tell... ;) You've got something coming, that's for sure. :D

Chilla, thanks for your comments, as always. :)

19. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Hey, that's not bad at all! :cool: I've never ever seen anyone manipulate an image so severely before. It can definately pass for a winter scene, though I'd say that the people are rather hard to make out in the winter version compared the original. I like how the trees/ferns look on the right side the most.

- Suz ^_~

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thanks Suz! :)

OK, here's my latest. Not Star Wars related, but it's along the lines of BSG (Battlestar Galactica) and April Fools day... ;)

My Fanforce got a nice treat when they logged into the boards today...
    http://boards.theforce.net/St__Louis,_MO/b10179/

[face_laugh]

21. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    LOL! [face_laugh] Wonder how many were thrilled about it and how many not..... ;)

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hello all! I have two new pieces to show.

I have this program that allows you to make landscapes. It's called Terragen. Very nice program indeed... I'm starting to get the hang of it, and I actually designed a decent landscape. I was going for a landscape that I could use for a planet in my Star Wars story I'm writing. That way I could describe it more if I could actually see it on a screen, and not just in my mind. This landscape will serve as a setting for a duel outside on the hills and such.

[image=http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/1845/landone3gj.jpg]

I also finished this work that I had going for a few days. I'll let you all guess what 'medium' I used for it... The character featured in this work is Guinevere from the movie King Arthur, played by Keira Knightley. I think it turned out pretty well for a first try at this. I think my drawing classes helped me out on it.

[image=http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/9760/quensketch6xv.jpg]

Tell me what you think!

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, that landscape is so realistic! I had a look at it before I read the text and really thought it would be real! Wow! =D=

And Quinevere looks great! [face_love]
    I admit I haven't seen the movie, only some advertisement for it so I don't know much about it.
    But love the details you have here, f.e. on the bow. =D=

24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Time to revive my old dead thread once more...

New wallpaper: Invincible (entered in the FanArt Wallpaper contest)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/invinciblekenobi.jpg]

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Scott! Finally heared of you again! [:D]

That looks wonderful! The blue background fits perfectly to Obi! [face_love] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.