main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanna get Married? You can if your going to CV!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    WOW
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Commitment-Chapel/
    It does say at the bottom , Entertainment perpus only. :)

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey Dingo. [face_batting] [face_batting]

3. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    I can foresee some pretty funny marriages going on....

-Yoda and R2-D2
    -Jabba and Leia
    -Lando and Lobot

[face_laugh]

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Really , If I had a girlfriend that loved SW as much as I , I could totally see a SW wedding for real.

5. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Wouldn't it be funny if they somehow accidentally actually married everyone who did this? It'd be a very 80s sitcom type of debacle! :-B

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    As soon as signups start, Maulfly and I are signing up for a Dark Side renewal of our vows.

Yes, I discussed it with her, and surprisingly, she was all for it! w00t!

7. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife and I will be signing up for this. Just hope the available timeslots do not conflict with a major panel/event at CV (Lucas' appearance, etc.)

8. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Get thee to the chapelry!

9. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    *Raises hand and waves it around* Anybody?

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'd love to get re-"married" with all the FFers and JCers there with us. Wonder if we'll be able to squeeze that in.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Since I'm getting married the weekend before and there isn't going to be much SW to our wedding (I say much because we have to get something in there somewhere) I think we'll have to do this! :)

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'd love to be there for your ceremonies!

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That would be awesome. :D :D

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'll be looking forward to receiving save the date cards from all of you. :p

15. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    I wonder when we can start signing up?

I think it's stupid that they announce this as 'we'll let you know at some point' while they started signups for the costume contests with the same post announcing them.

16. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    To those interested in this, I've been told to expect some sort of announcement in the next 5 weeks. :p

17. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Same link, http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Commitment-Chapel/
    Signups are LIVE, repeat signups are live!

Only $75.00! ...wait, what?

EDIT: Total comes to $90.95, they don't tell you until checkout that there's a $15.95 shipping charge.

18. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Now, let me get this straight. We didn't get a fan club breakfast because they thought charging $70 would be asking too much of its fans. Yet they think THIS is worth $75 and we fans will jump at this chance? I know Star Wars fans are passionate, but this is ridiculous! I was totally looking forward to doing this IF IT WERE FREE, or maybe even a minimal charge, but $75! I'm sure this is going to go over like a Rancor fart in Jabba's Palace.

19. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Considering the Hallmark gift that come with, if you didn't buy this year's ornaments it's a good deal, as you get the whole line from this year. I don't know if that includes the limited edition Lando or the Comic Con exclusives, but just the base ornaments themselves clock in close to $85-90.

That's how I justified it, and signed up.

20. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    I couldn't have said it any better JediEddy! I was onboard for the fan breakfast, whatever the cost, until they canned it. This fee is to pay for all the Hallmark items you'll be receiving.

Edit: The gift basket including this year's line of ornaments is a raffle.

21. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    personally i think $75 for a wedding ceremony, even one for entertainment purposes only is probably pretty cheap. A $75 fee would weed out a lot of jokers and leave space for people who are serious about getting a SW commitment ceremony. If it were free, a lot of people would do it for laughs or free swag, and that would crowd out the people who would do it because they want to show their serious commitment to their partner in a SW way.

is it $75+fees per person (like a fan club breakfast ticket), or is per ceremony (two people plus guests). you could split the cost with someone, you know... a happy couple plus a few best men/maids of honor can bring the cost/person down...

22. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Per ceremony.

I'm volunteering for Anne, so I'm getting 8-10 autos for free there, plus I already have all the headliners from other events so we agreed we'd have a better, more memorable time doing this than spending $300 on autographs and standing in line for 2-3 hours.

23. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Got the confirmation email this afternoon, Maulfly and I will be at 3:00p on Friday August 13th in a Dark Side ceremony. More info to follow next week.

24. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    ok, this is NOT what we signed up for....

After waiting and waiting for someone, ANYONE to contact us about the wedding arrangement, I sent off an email to Kristin at Reed Expo, who is supposedly in charge of this 'event'. I told her we need to know what is going on NOW as we are planning on leaving for FL next week (as are a lot of our friends, they want to do Disney and school starts right after the con in TX)

Her response?

Wait until 'sometime' next week, when they will tell us we're confirmed for the date/time/allegiance we purchased!

I called B$, and wrote them the following back today. I hope anyone here who paid does the same:

Kristin,

You told us the exact same thing last week.

Since there is no information forthcoming until we leave for Florida next week, I regret that we will have to ask for a refund. This is NOT what we signed up for, and is very unprofessional. We realize ReedExpo has a lot on its plate at the moment, but when we purchased this opprtunity, we were told we would be contacted by the wedding planner within 4 business days, and that this would be a personalized experience. Two weeks later and still no information has been passed to us other than two emails from you stating out scheduled time, date, and allegiance, and that ANY new info won't be sent until 'sometime' next week.

I'm sorry, but that's just not good enough.

We were expecting a phone call within the 4 business days to set things up, and instead we are still waiting to find out what is going on. How can we have customised vows as offered if none are being offered to us yet? This seems more like it's going to be cookie cutter ceremonies and that's not what we spent our money on.

We will be expecting a full refund by next week.

Sorry for wasting your time,

Derek and Erika

I'd just like to point out this event was one of the first announced, way back in may. Here we are less than 2 weeks form the start of the convention and they STILL have no idea what they are doing with it.

I can't express how completely pissed I am right now, after being so excited just 6 hours ago when our tickets FINALLY arrived.

25. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    Kristin's eyes must be rolling right out of her head right now. There's only 1 thing I can think of that's worse than an angry Otaku...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.