main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*~~* WANTED: Help with Jango/Dooku Fic *~~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Fate, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Hi! [face_mischief]

Here's my problem - actually, I have two.

1. I received a challenge pertaining to Jango Fett - one everyone is probably familiar with by now ;) - and it has blossomed into a full-fledged fic. My problem is that it's coming to me in pieces, when I would like to be able to post it section by section, from the beginning.

2. I'm also trying to find a title, and I'm wondering if people that are good at that type of thing could let me know what strategies they use.

Thanks in advance! [face_love]

Edit: Sorry about this. There was some sort of error that made me post twice.

Edit: Changed the title to make it more captivating. *self-deprecating laugh*

And anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about can refer to my previous posts on the same subject:

Jango Fett

Lights, Camera...

*smiles sweetly* Thank you... [face_mischief]

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, as for the first problem, I'd say it's probably best to wait till you've written the whole thing before posting, if you're writing it out of chronological order.

As for titles, watch the movies and see if there's a line that jumps out at you as a good representative of your story. You can look through your story for the same kind of thing. Since this is an action piece, you should probably look for a relatively short title, just to fit the pace and feel of the piece.

By the way, I told Matt that this challenge would end up being a lot longer than he intended. ;)

Mel

3. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Thanks, Mel. [face_love]

Yeah, it's just coming to me in pieces. Somehow, I just can't write an action scene without any kind of background - before I started this, I didn't know Jango from Adam - and the more I try to simplify things, the longer it gets. :p

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that this is going to be a full-length story. [face_mischief]

Edit: Oh, and for the title, I was thinking, "Catch a Tiger". Like in "Eenie, meeny, miney, mo", since Dooku's trying to pick his soldier. ;)

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I usually go through the dialogue from the movies and try to find a line that fits the plot best, which then becomes the title of the story. For instance, my current effort (title is in the sig - along with the link [face_mischief]) comes from Qui-Gon's line about pod racing and greed. "Catch a Tiger" does sound rather appropriate for the type of story you're going to write, though. :D

If the story is coming to you in pieces, then maybe you can write down the idea for each piece, then try to arrange them in a plausible order. That is unless the story isn't going to be written in chronological order, as Mel pointed out. If you decide otherwise, though, I think taking a few notes will do nicely in the long run. ;)

5. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *smacks herself in the forehead*

I can't believe it's taken me so long to reply, Sebulba! *humbly bows head*

Thanks for your help! I think I will go with "Catch a Tiger", because it has that "multiple-meaning" thing going on. :p

It's going to be in chronological order, though it's hard to believe now, given the current state of my notes. I haven't been writing long enough to have any real strategies, but I'm discovering that I go through this process when writing a story:

First, my Muse arrives, and I write down everything I can think of. [face_mischief] Then something comes to me later, and I write it down, too. Pretty soon, I have a basic skeleton of what I want to write, and then I've got a whole bunch of plot holes to fill in. At that point I'm typing. *bites lip* Can I send you what I have done so far? [face_love] Except for the ending, it's not even finished. Even the ending isn't finished, but the rest of it is just a really confusing plot, basically. :D But if you want to look at it, let me know.

6. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Edit: Oops! This stupid error came up, and I accidentally posted twice. :mad:

7. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Much as I hate multiple posting, I want Sebulba to see this, and the computer did something 'funky' the last time I tried, so.... [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.