main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics War of the Bounty Hunters - Boba Fett Crossover Comic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Coherent Axe, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nice see Qira being manipulating.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    That thing she was holding is a Sith Holocron! I remember seeing it in the visual dictionary.

4. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Also, is it just me, but is Qi'ra using the Force to make that holocron hover?

5. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    See that the next Dr. Aphra trade paperback is all about the Bounty Hunters tie-ins. Do you need to get the rest of them to understand the Aphra parts?

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think War of the Bounty Hunters main mini is pretty essential (and good!) as all the other books take place during it (and sometimes you see moments repeat) although they all do a decent job of filling the reader in on what is going on. You really don't need to get every single book if you're just collecting one. But, as stated, it does work well with the main WotBH mini. And it's awesome!

WebLurker and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Boy that Crystal Skull easter egg couldn't be less subtle.

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I scrolled back up hoping I had missed a nuke-resistant fridge somewhere in the shadows... damn

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  9. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    That's the masthead of Xim the Despot from Dryden's office in Solo.

Darth_Accipiter and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Sounds really cool. I guess I was trying to get a sense if the Aphra series made sense on its own or not, if that makes any sense.
    On the other hand, she's credited on Wookieepeida as being in the main War mini; was that a substantial role?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    She's been in issue #2 and issue #3 so far but all of her stuff is basically repeated/expanded in her own series. Basically the main WotBH is the main story that all of the issues happen beside and around.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    WebLurker likes this.
  12. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Since I'll be getting the Aphra book anyways, sounds like I might want to see how that reads by itself before deciding to get any of the others.

Wonder if they'll do an all-in-one omnibus on this one?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hopefully - along with returning to doing OHCs so you get the stories either side of the event. Sadly, Marvel's trade decisions are very erratic.

14. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Although that got smashed during the fight in Solo. As did the Dancing Goddess of Godo. Both of them have now shown up again later.

15. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Fixed it. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    issue #4 had some good stuff, mostly set in space with a bunch of things going wrong for Boba trying to get Solo back, a good bit with Valance and Boba trying to figure out how to work together. and Luke deciding to face Vader but in space and not face to face. Sets up a potential huge showdown in space for issue #5. Not much Qi'Ra in issue #4 but hopefully she'll be featured more in issue #5. Wasn't quite as crazy as the first few issues though, mostly setting pieces for the finale.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  18. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Gonna buy the hell out of this issue tomorrow because...
    [​IMG]

...that looks like Domina actually fighting Boushh. Am I so blessed as to receive another dueling Tagge? Seriously, is that my queen bee whipping fire from her wrist? Literally roast me, sis, I'm sooo ready [face_party] (just don't lose horribly please, that's your brother's shtick)

19. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    So there for this.

Not sure on the
    rainbow Boushh Power Rangers
    just on a design level, but as characters they seem interesting. Still curious how this will dovetail with the Forces of Destiny stuff, but it seems as if timetable-wise we're a lot further from ROTJ than most of were assuming before all this WOTBH stuff started happening.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  21. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    WELL. WELL!!! I got even more than I bargained for! So much more!
    This issue is absolutely LOADED with Tagges. And Tagge-y intrigue, and Tagge-y nonsense, and Tagge-y nods to the original Marvel run. The creative team truly did their homework and I am overjoyed with this issue! I live-tweeted most of my thoughts into an image- and spoiler-heavy Twitter thread starting here, if for some reason you'd like to put yourself through all of my ecstatic screaming and flailing to see what references I think I caught.

[​IMG]

I'm gonna go take a Xanax or three now. AAAAAAAAA--

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That twitter thread. I laughed. I cried. [face_laugh]:(:_|

Minor spoiler question:
    So in the Disneyverse, Orman doesn't loose his eyes to Vader? Or at least, this is somewhat implied by his wearing the goggles at a young age?

23. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Given how we know Vader treats kids (including his own), maybe he does still lose them to Vader. (Depending on how old Orman is supposed to be in this continuity; maybe Anakin accidentally scarred him while showing off his lightsaber skills to a curious young Orman :p)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Senpezeco likes this.
  24. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Thank you for reading it! To your question:
    There was nothing else in the text or images about Orman's sight or possible loss thereof. Just the goggles themselves sitting on his face. Nothing so far hints that it was Vader's doing.

(The rest of this post is mostly just more brain vomit and fixating about the same character as in the above spoiler and can be skipped, lol)
    It's interesting if, say, Orman has had his cyber-vision from birth. Legends Orman was all about vengeance and trained for decades just so he'd be prepared to take his revenge on Vader for blinding him -- "Getting even is one of the great fossil fuels of life." So what's Canon Orman's raison d'etre?

And to follow up on this panel -- "It's certainly an improvement over my predecessor's attempt to replicate a Jedi's weapon" -- and my initial questions surrounding it (who was the predecessor? was Orman once head of TaggeCo in Canon at some point? did he have a saber made to train with in Canon too?):

At the executive board meeting, Orman suggests at one point "This is why *I* should be running the company" -- but there's no further information on who Domina's predecessor was, or who was working on replicating a lightsaber before Silas's work on the Tagge Protoblade.

For all the jealosy and scheming every Tagge present is said to be possessed of, Canon Orman does have a moment of kinda-sorta protectiveness toward Domina, recalling his fiercely protective Legends self. "I still think leaving you alone with these mercenaries is a poor decision, Domina. Especially given that broken weapon of yours." The line is clearly somewhere between patronizing and paternalistic, and it prompts Boushh to reply, "After all that, he still thinks you need protection?"

Lastly -- if you can believe I could make such a grievous error as this! -- I forgot to mention in my Twitter thread two other Tagges who are named once we get to the executive board meeting: Layla Tagge-Faulken and Brace Tagge-Faulken. Brace is an Imperial officer who is "too busy desperately trying to claw his way out of Cassio's shadow" -- this is ~sort of~ like what Ulric did in Legends (sourcebooks had him "in awe" of his older brothers and following in Cassio's footsteps), but there's nothing in this issue that suggests Canon Ulric is also in the Imperial Army like his Legends self was. Anyway, the double-barreled surname reminded me of TLJ's Wayulia Tagge-Simoni, who did not get a name-drop in this issue.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011