main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics War of the Bounty Hunters - Boba Fett Crossover Comic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Coherent Axe, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, they're doing an Alpha issue, are they? Might be an Omega one in October then.

As to the event? Prepare thy wallet, this will not be cheap.

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So...How does the Vader comic fit into this?

3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    that art is sexy

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Not sure if it's a spoiler since Charles Soule is talking about t...But I'll put his tweets about this on spoiler just in case.

He said more but this was all I could put in the thread.

5. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm really hoping to see Bossk in this.

6. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    I had the same thought. I guess they could wrap up things in issue 11, but the transition from Vader’s emotional journey to tracking down a bounty feels a bit jarring. Also, why does Vader care about Han Solo?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Standard comics events MO:

- Pre-event - the books do their own thing, with a midpoint finale
    - Event - they all crossover with each other, expect there to be a checklist / reading order
    - Post-event - the individual plots resume, while factoring in the event revelations

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Boba Fett! Soule! Steve McNiven! Sold! Well it was already sold but moreso than before!

9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction
    Star Wars Galaxy magazine

10. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I wonder how they'll handle...
    depicting the Pykes. Maybe mix the TCW versions in with the Solo redesign for continuity? (I know some people don't think the redesign is that drastic, but it's pretty jarring to me.

Vialco and clone commander bossk like this.
  11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Aren't the ones on Kessel just wearing breath masks?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So I believe that Vader would be supremely ticked that Han shot him off Luke during the Death Star battle although maybe stretching it a bit he'd be so petty to want to find Han as the only reason that he'd go off on his mission (he did give him to Boba Fett after all). I do however buy that Vader would know that Han would be leverage so he can grab the son of Skywalker so that would throw him off his mission to find Han, frozen or not (it worked before!). The fact Han shot him down would be a fringe benefit.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So you have all realised this is an epic 6-month long SW event, that'll likely be in the region of 25-30 issues, right?

JediFett10 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah hopefuly it doesn't run alongside of a Spider-Man event as well (Those LR extra issues for the most recent event are interesting and borderline essential add ons). Although with a main and spin-off titles I think this'll function more like a Civil War / Secret War event where the main book does it's own thing and the spinoff issues are self contained stories spinning out of the event. I don't think this'll be like Vader Down where it crossed over every issue for the whole thing.

15. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, as I understand it, only Quay Tolsite is the only one there who's a Pyke and the prison staff are... something else? Tolsite's got some pretty clear biological differences from the animated Pykes and a different language thing going on... it definitely reads like a pretty substantial re-conceptualization to me, anyway. Again, I know some people don't see it that way.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There'll be a checklist - that'll tell you what you're dealing with.

17. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I think it'll actually be more like ten issues. They're having the intro issue, and then it sounded like they said one issue per each of the four series, and then a mini series.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm really not sure which way they'll go but, for the last few years Marvel's events have not been getting smaller.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    You know they'll be going overboard if there's a High Republic War of the Bounty Hunters tie-in issue. I'm not getting the King in Black event but I am getting Symbiote Spider-Man and they wedged King in Black into it because, uhm, time travel (also y'know Venom so relevant but it's set years before)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  20. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Here are the solicitations, might clear up some confusion.

WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA #1
    [​IMG]
    (W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Steve McNiven
    THE STAR WARS COMIC EVENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!
    • The notorious bounty hunter BOBA FETT has finally landed his greatest prize - HAN SOLO, frozen in carbonite for easy transport.
    • Fett will bring the smuggler to TATOOINE to collect the massive bounty placed on Solo's head by the fearsome crime lord JABBA THE HUTT.
    • Sounds easy. What could go wrong?
    Rated T
    In Shops: May 05, 2021

STAR WARS #13
    [​IMG]
    (W) Charles Soule (A) Ramon Rosanas (CA) Carlo Pagulayan
    PRELUDE TO WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS: "THE HUNT FOR HAN"
    • CHEWBACCA has heard from an old friend with intelligence on the location of notorious bounty hunter BOBA FETT, known to be in possession of HAN SOLO.
    • Along with LUKE SKYWALKER, the loyal Wookiee sets off in search of his lost friend, on an adventure to Nar Shadaa... the SMUGGLER'S MOON!
    • But will this mission prevent plucky astromech droid ARTOO DETOO from passing along a crucial message to Luke, one that will affect the fate of the entire Jedi Order...?
    Rated T
    In Shops: May 12, 2021

BOUNTY HUNTERS #12
    [​IMG]
    (W) Sacks, Ethan (A) Paolo Villanelli (CA) Mattia De Iulis
    PRELUDE TO WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS: "THE THREAT IN THE SHADOWS"
    • As VALANCE and his reluctant partner DENGAR race to intercept BOBA FETT and his precious cargo, who are the deadly pursuers that are after them?
    • A dark secret from Valance's past connection to HAN SOLO may get him killed all these years later.
    • But who is the mysterious leader of an assassination squad that is driving Valance into a life-and-death confrontation with his old friend?
    Rated T
    In Shops: May 19, 2021

DARTH VADER #12
    [​IMG]
    (W) Greg Pak (A) Guiu Vilanova (CA) Aaron Kuder
    PRELUDE TO WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS: "RESTORATION"
    • Returned to the fold after his rebellion against the EMPEROR, DARTH VADER faces the horrors of reconstruction in the secret laboratories of CORUSCANT.
    • As he blacks out under the knife, does he still dream of revenge against his master? Or do his thoughts drift towards his son - and the friends who make LUKE SKYWALKER so vulnerable?
    • Don't miss this next critical new chapter in Vader's ongoing evolution - featuring the revelation of the first time the Dark Lord learned the name HAN SOLO!
    Rated T
    In Shops: May 26, 2021

DOCTOR APHRA #10
    [​IMG]
    (W) Alyssa Wong (A) Ray-Anthony Height (CA) Sway
    PRELUDE TO WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS: "THE INVITATION"
    • DOCTOR APHRA and SANA STARROS find themselves cornered by VUKORAH and the UNBROKEN CLAN!
    • Can they pull off a daring escape--even if that means surrendering the NIHIL HYPERDRIVE?
    • And what sets them on a collision course with one of the most deadly BOUNTY HUNTERS in the galaxy?
    Rated T
    In Shops: May 26, 2021

MrDarth0 and Tython Awakening like this.
  21. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    So it's these five issues, then the five issue mini series?

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    More like first group I suspect.

23. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    I think Jedi ben maybe right on this and this is maybe the star wars version of "Marvels The War of the Realms" and the Omnibus of that series shows what a beast that became ! Gud luck to all of are pocketbooks!.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm surprised there isn't a checklist yet, oh well, give it time.

Oh and that monster 1,500+ page omnibus for WotR has apparently sold far faster than expected - supposed to be getting restocked, seems like few copies made it to the UK.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  25. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Who needs the Gyms open when you can get omnibus that big ! changes the meaning of flexing the spine !

BigAl6ft6, Senpezeco and Jedi Ben like this.