main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics War of the Bounty Hunters - Boba Fett Crossover Comic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Coherent Axe, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Hoping for a Bossk one shot.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/war-of-the-bounty-hunters-july
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS #2 (OF 5)

CHARLES SOULE (W) • LUKE ROSS (A)

Cover by STEVE McNIVEN

THE BIGGEST COMC EVENT OF THE STAR WARS GALAXY CONTINUES!

• Notorious bounty hunter BOBA FETT has tracked his missing prize — heroic smuggler HAN SOLO, frozen in carbonite — to the remote, frozen world of JEKARA.
    • But representatives from many of the galaxy’s most powerful factions have gathered, and they all want the same thing — Solo.
    • Things go from bad to worse, as Boba Fett realizes that he himself has become almost as valuable to the galaxy’s hunters as Han Solo, and he must turn to the least trustworthy person in the galaxy for help…DOCTOR APHRA…
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS #15

CHARLES SOULE (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A)

Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN

“FRIENDS AND ENEMIES”

• LUKE SKYWALKER embarks upon an epic mission with WEDGE ANTILLES and the brave pilots of STARLIGHT SQUADRON to rescue a lost division of the REBEL FLEET.
    • LEIA ORGANA, CHEWBACCA and LANDO CALRISSIAN attempt to save HAN SOLO from the evil clutches of BOBA FETT.
    • But what hidden vision will the Force send to Luke about the troubles to come?

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #12

ALYSSA WONG (W) • MINKYU JUNG (A)

COVER BY SARA PICHELLI

“PARTY TRICKS”

• A MYSTERIOUS INVITATION leads DOCTOR APHRA and SANA STARROS to an exclusive party… teeming with scum and villainy!
    • Will Aphra and Sana be able to survive the underworld social event of the century?
    • Or will their cover be blown by A FAMILIAR FACE with an agenda of their own?

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #14

ETHAN SACKS (W) • PAOLO VILLANELLI (A)

COVER by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

“THE FOLLOWING”

• Hunted by the mysterious assassin DEATHSTICK, a wounded VALANCE and his reluctant partner DENGAR are running out of options!
    • T’ONGA is outgunned and outnumbered… but she does have one last surprise up her sleeve!
    • And the shadowy force behind all of the danger makes its move!

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #14

GREG PAK (W) • RAFFAELE IENCO (A)

Cover by AARON KUDER

“THE BLADE BEHIND THE CURTAIN”

• For decades, no figure has stood as close to the EMPEROR with so much mystery surrounding her.
    • Who is the UMBARAN? What is her role within the EMPIRE and in the WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS? And what happens when she emerges from the darkness to challenge Darth Vader himself?
    • Featuring an unprecedented look at the inner workings of the Emperor’s inner circle — and the return of IG-88!

4. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I can't believe we're still getting Uprising references over four years after the game was shuttered. That story and lore has had some surprisingly solid staying power!

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I can't believe the UMBARAN is actually present.

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The wording "Who is the UMBARAN?" implies to me it isn't Sly Moore, because otherwise we'd know who she was.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  7. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    what if she has her own Sith name ;)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Greg Pak already confirmed her identity. It's just solicits being their usual readbaity selves.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Damn, that's nice art.

McNiven is never going to be a monthly but he's perfect for an event like this.

11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I really think the dialogue in that preview is very well written. I could hear Temeura Morrison and Ronald Falk (Dex's voice actor) saying those lines.

Obviously the "Kanji Hutts" have some sort of connection to Kanjiklub?

12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Yeah, I heard Temuera in those lines, too -- though that might just be because he made such an impression in Mando.

Nar Kanji is where the slaves rose up against the Hutts and became Kanjiklub, so I assume the Kanji Hutts are the ones who're about to get overthrown in a few years.

There's potentially a Fennec Shand connection too, since one of the Kanjiklubbers in TFA was Crokind Shand. I wonder if Fett getting involved in Kanji stuff here is going to introduce him to Fennec, starting their relationship that extends into Mando and Book?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Daneira likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  14. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    That coloring is fantastic

15. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Just finished the Alpha issue. Some really fun panels in there. Wonderful shading and detailing by Steve McNiven.
    BUGS AND GORE AND BUG GORE WOOO

I must admit I've never looked closely at a Besalisk before -- do they usually have more humanlike facial hair? Asking because I only just today noticed that Doc Ragon sports a feathery beard and mustache. I see the Fashion thread has been resurrected to the first page of Lit and I thought that this was a fun design tweak and a nice little example of a character grooming/styling their more alien biology instead of just being depicted only with standard 'human' facial hair / stubble.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Alpha issue also contained this checklist for the event. 34 issues total!
    [​IMG]

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Now witness the money draining power of this fully armed and operational $5-per-issue Marvel event.

BigAl6ft6, Slater, Huncrweo and 4 others like this.
  17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'll just be buying the Fett and Vader issues. Not interested in seeing Luke and Chewie bumble around Nar Shaddaa in a fruitless search for Han. Aside from the interesting detour to obtain a new lightsaber, they haven't had Luke do anything of interest in this new series.

18. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Yeah, I was only really planning on picking up the Alpha issue (got the 'Director's Cut' to enjoy those awesome inks), the relevant Doctor Aphra issues (as that's the only ongoing I've been consistently reading anyway), and maybe 2-3 of the character one-shots (mostly depends on their art teams). Also, I really like Luke Ross' art, so I'll probably start the WotBH mini and see issue-by-issue if its storyline is entertaining enough to continue with.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, goes back to Dex; Doc is basically a carbon copy of him, mustache and all.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-august-2021-star-wars-comics-exclusive
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS #3 (OF 5)

Charles Soule (W) • LUKE ROSS (A) • Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    Variant Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    Wanted Poster Variant Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    Trading Card Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

WINNER TAKES ALL!

• Terrifying, implacable Dark Lord of the Sith DARTH VADER has laid claim to HAN SOLO, who is frozen in carbonite.
    • But the great, exalted JABBA THE HUTT also believes that Solo is his property. It’s the galaxy’s baddest gangster versus the Empire’s most powerful enforcer, and neither is backing down.
    • BOBA FETT is caught between a Sith and a Hutt…and it’s WINNER TAKE ALL.

[​IMG]
    WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS: 4-LOM & ZUCKUSS #1

DANIEL JOSE OLDER (W) • KEI ZAMA (A) • Cover by Mahmud Asrar
    Variant COVER by KEI ZAMA
    Variant COVER by SUPERLOG
    WANTED POSTER VARIANT BY DAVID NAKAYAMA

ZUCKUSS BATTLES 4-LOM! WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS TIE-IN!

Together, lethal droid 4-LOM and Gand Findsman Zuckuss make an unparalleled bounty hunting team. Yet a brutal battle with Boba Fett has divided them. Lost and alone on the crime-infested streets of Nar Shaddaa, Zuckuss faces down an utterly transformed 4-LOM…but why is his old friend out for blood? The answer may lie in the past, from an early mission that helped forge their formidable partnership. Daniel José Older and Kei Zama’s one-shot is the second of four action-packed “War of the Bounty Hunters” tie-ins about the criminal underworld’s most notorious hunters and scoundrels, all told by the best STAR WARS writers and illustrators in the galaxy.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #16

CHARLES SOULE (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A)
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary Variant Cover by CHRIS SPROUSE
    Variant Cover by JAN DUURSEMA

“MISSING IN ACTION”

• LEIA ORGANA, CHEWBACCA and LANDO CALRISSIAN battle BOBA FETT for the ultimate prize — HAN SOLO!
    • But they are not the only people who have come to the remote world of JEKARA seeking the smuggler. DARTH VADER, JABBA THE HUTT and more are in the mix as well… Jedi LUKE SKYWALKER may be the Rebels’ only hope…
    • …but WHERE is he?

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #13

ALYSSA WONG (W) • MINKYU JUNG (A)
    COVER BY SARA PICHELLI

“GUEST OF HONOR”

• DOCTOR APHRA finds herself face-to-face with the one person she hoped she’d never see again!
    • For once, she might not be able to talk her way out…
    • Meanwhile, JUST LUCKY and ARIOLE confront a familiar presence of their own!

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #15

Written by ETHAN SACKS
    Penciled by PAOLO VILLANELLI
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Wanted Poster Variant by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary Variant by CHRIS SPROUSE

WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS: “THE GATHERING”

• VALANCE and DENGAR travel to CANTO BIGHT as a relentless assassin stalks them!
    • T’ONGA starts to recruit a bounty hunter crew with some familiar — and fearsome — faces!
    • Plus TASU LEECH returns! But whose side is he on?

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #15

GREG PAK (W) • RAFFAELE IENCO (A) • Cover by AARON KUDER

“THE ASSASSIN’S CHOICE”

• Mere months ago, OCHI OF BESTOON was the assassin who dared to take on DARTH VADER himself in the fiery lava pits of MUSTAFAR.
    • Now Ochi serves Vader as his most loyal agent during the WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS. Who is Ochi of Bestoon? What are his true goals? And how have the secrets of EXEGOL shaped him forever?
    • Also featuring the next great reveal about BOKKU and the Hutt Council!

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    After falling way, way behind on the Star Wars comics I've gotten caught up just in time for this (massive) crossover. I'd seen some of the news about it but didn't realize it would be so many issues - looking forward to seeing how it all plays out as I think there is a lot of potential with this story, especially given all the characters they are going to include.

23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  24. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Preview is up for issue #1 of the War of the Bounty Hunters mini, via SW.com:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chrcharcor2 and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Getting massive Shadows of the Empire vibes from this. I'm pretty sure I have an issue of the SOTE comic where Boba Fett fights Zuckuss and the other EP5 bounty hunters while trying to deliver Han.