main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Warning: Double Posts

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Bazinga'd , Jul 2, 2014.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    See above. But I will reiterate that in a situation like that, I am inclined to let the double post go. FARK2005

Sudooku likes this.
  2. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Um just a question i double/triple post on this forum and would like to know if can actually delete the post or just have to edit them together. :confused:

3. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Within an hour of the post you can delete or edit your post. After that only a mod can do either

4. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Okay, thanks Bazinga'd i actually did't even know if i could even delete them.

5. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    The only thing I never got into was the editing limit. Sometimes, I was forced to double post after just missing that window. On other forums, there's more justified grounds to discourage double posting because the original post can always be edited and the new part added in afterwards. Though I do agree that you can easily distinguish between productive double posting (bumping an old topic with an important update), and abusive double posting (clearly post count padding). I'm also curious how much of an issue editing abuse was before the limit. Facebook probably has the best system, where you can easily see the history (and see if someone completely changed what they said).

6. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I think the editing time limit had a lot to do with non-abusive double posting. We recently changed the edit time limit (on this forum) to an hour and it seems to have cut back on the double posting significantly. Also if the thread is "quiet" for a long period of time, i.e., several hours or days, I am less likely to be concerned with double posting. Unfortunately, there is some subjectivity involved in determining what is and what isnt an abusive post.

7. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    I'm going to PM on this.

8. march162015

march162015 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2015
    So true

9. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    I'm going to have to apologize. I have made a couple double posts this past week after joining, specifically cause I thought of or had something to say that came up after putting up my first post. I just found this thread, and didn't realize it was against the rules. I apologize, and will try and make sure I don't do it anymore going forward.

10. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Apology accepted. Use the edit feature, as the edit feature works on the PT forum for up to 1 hour after the original post.