main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

* WARNING * Mature themes within -- Rainbow stickers and lightsabers, Challange issued!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    There have been some really fantastic responses to this thread. LuvEwan's entry was moving enough to cause me to not only delurk, but also consider once again inflicting my own meager writing skills on the unsuspecting members of the fan fic community. While that might or might not happen I just wanted to thank Breezy for all of her good work on this thread (I have lurked for quite some time and have been very impressed) and every one else for all of their entries in this particular challenge. Seeing stories that deal with this topic in such sensitive and beautiful ways gives me a little bit more hope for increased tolerance in the real world as well as the GFFA.

2. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Looking forward to seeing your entry thegreatyoda :D

3. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Finally got the second part of Going Home up. Cen is starting to realize there might be something between him and Sarian ;)

Going Home

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  5. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I've stayed away from this topic for a while, mainly because I can't live without a certain slash pairing. :p

But I think slash could be done as long as it's done tastefully. (I know, it's been said a million times.) There are certain characters in the GFFA that have never shown any type of commitment to the opposite sex. Does this mean they're gay? No. But does it mean they could be homosexual or bisexual? Yes. In some places in the comics and a bit in the books there are scenes that (to my hopeful mind) can be interpreted as homosexual.

Basically for me, its where does friendship end and where does something deeper begin? Anakin and Tahiri were best friends for a while before they developed a relationship. So for certain pairings, I find it the same. I think that the friendship could develop into something deeper. To me, it doesn't matter if it's a guy and a guy or a guy and a girl. If there's an attraction, there's an attraction. We have people who avidly argue for Kyp and Jaina, because there's a basic chemistry there that would make a relationship work. so if that same chemistry is there for a guy/guy pairing, I see nothing wrong with saying that the two men could become a couple.

(That whole post I had one 'ship in mind, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post who. :p)(And if that repeats anything, I'm sorry, but I didn't have time to read through all of the posts)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.