main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Warrior Queen, Gentle Lady - NEW DISCUSSION TOPIC Is Padmé a Mary Sue?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by leia_naberrie, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I'd love to see any EU novel focused on Padmé at all! What I'd particularly like to see in fan fiction are more stories of Padmé as Queen of the Naboo, before and after the Trade Federation invasion. I'd especially be interested in alternate reality stories where Padmé made different decisions as Queen, e.g. if she chose to be remain in office after her second term.

A placeholder while I go for the linkie ...

Don't know about any made while Padme was Queen, but this is a downloadable audio drama about an adventure Padme had before becoming Princess. The girl playing Padme is a dead-on Natalie soundalike.

2. WQGL

WQGL Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2005
    AngelQueen has kindly given me (Knight-Ander) permission to create a new Padmé index! [face_dancing]

Now the hard part... I'll use the stories listed in the previous index, but if you have any Padmé-centric stories that you think should included in the new index, please PM the links to me, it would make my job so much easier. The links that have just been recently added to this thread are a great start! :D

And what would a story index be without an exotic title? Anyone have any suggestions?[face_thinking]

I'll be working hard on forming the index this weekend and will let you know when it's up as soon as it is ready. :)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Glad to know we'll be getting a new Padme index. In a way, she's the matriarch of Star Wars! :D (okay, okay, and Shmi...)

4. WQGL

WQGL Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2005
    The new index is just about ready, the problem is that I have received absolutely ZERO suggestions for a new title![face_shame_on_you] Come on, people, don't leave it up to me to come up with a title. Who knows WHAT I might think up! ;)

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    How about, "Padme Amindexa"? [face_mischief]

6. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I like that one a lot!

7. WQGL

WQGL Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2005
    The new index is up and ready for your stories. :)

8. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Great job, KA! The new index is lovely! Beautiful buttons!

9. EverydayAngel

EverydayAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    I hope no minds me jumping in :)
    I found this link on l_n's LJ (*waves to l_n*, you know me there as haydens_angel 81)
    Anyway, just lurking the thread and wanted to add:

I would recommend The Senator's Wife by indiefic

Anakin isn't Emperor but the story does fit the other descriptions.
    :)

10. WQGL

WQGL Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2005
    Whew, for a moment there I was afraid that this thread was so old that it was locked! [face_worried]

Anyway, I just wanted to announce that a few more stories have been added to the Amindexa if anyone is interested.

11. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Hi EverydayAngel ! Nice to see you here!

The old discussion seems to have died a natural death, WQGL. Can anyone think of something new to talk/write about?

12. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    With the Clone Wars animated movie coming out in August, maybe we could discuss what Padmé's role might be in the stories, and/or what we hope/want/expect to see from her part of the tale.

What sort of relationship will she have, if any, with Anakin's padawan? Will her scenes be mainly diplomatic, action, or a mixture of both?

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Considering Anakin and Padme are trying to keep their marriage a secret, I'd say Anakin would attempt to keep his padawan away from the lovely senator at all costs. [face_laugh] I'm hoping to see a mixture of both diplomatic and action scenes for Padme.

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'd like to see a story where she's looking at baby name books and picks out the names Luke and Leia, not knowing she'd be able to use both of them,

I'm going to attempt to write my Padmé journal that's related to a story I wrote about two years ago (Destination: Naboo) where Luke and Leia found a journal of their mother's that was in a box that was given to their Aunt Sola. Is there anyone here that could help me out with a few ideas? Or just to bounce ideas off? :)

15. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea, Liz! I'd read it. :)

16. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Indeed, Luke is his mother's son. I attribute some of Palpatine's final frenzy in the ROTJ throne room to destroying this last known heir of Amidala as much as he is the last of the Jedi. Pop in the DVDs and compare Palpatine's reactions in these two scenes:
    the TPM Post-Senate scene where Amidala decides to return to Naboo and the ROTJ Throne Room scene.

As I see it, in temperament, Luke is his mother's son and Leia is her father's daughter.

It would be nice if the CW: Animated series develops more of the political angle of the decline and fall of the GFFA Republic.

17. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Falls_the_Shadow, I think your points about Palpatine being as determined to ruin Amidala?s heirs as well as Vader?s is just brilliant.

I'd love to see more of Padmé in the series but from the clips and shows, I'm not holding out much hope.

18. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Padme seems to be a character that gets sadly neglected in such things. :( I'd love to see them make more of her "warrior" spirit. But I don't think I'll get to see that.

19. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    A new picture of Padmé has been added to the "Characters" section of the Star Wars/Clone Wars website, looking a bit more like Aeon Flux than Natalie Portman.

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I am writing (sloooooowly) a journal type story that's Padmé writing the events of the prequels from her election to some stuff I make up (since there's a ten year gap between TPM and AOTC) and ends with a last entry........

Anyone interested in helping me if I get stuck? Its on hold for a little while (since I have other fics in the works, that are unrelated) but I'd be glad for any help....especially for knowledge of the previous clone wars cartoon (the micro series).

And I sure hope she's not a "appears for five minutes" character in the Clone Wars movie.

21. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Nope, from what little I've allowed myself to discover, Padmé's role is fairly important and quite a bit longer than five minutes. :)

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    That's good to know. I may end up taking my 7 year old star wars crazed nephew (he wasn't supposed to get THIS crazed....[Han Solo] Its not my fault! [/Han Solo] on opening day if I can.

23. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    I just got back from Clone Wars and I was quite happy with the results.

However, Padmé wasn't in nearly as much of it as I had hoped, not making an appearance until the last 20 or so minutes of the movie. But if you think of the movie as a collection of four 23 minute episodes, Padmé is a featured character in the last episode. There's even some subtle A/P romance. Hopefully she'll get a few more episodes to star in during the series on TV.

And for those of you who are big Dooku fans, he has a big role in the film, even interacting with Anakin and Padmé on separate occassions.

Plus there's some good Obi-Wan/Ventress interaction that's quite interesting. I believe he calls her "darling" at one point.:eek:

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I was disappointed with the role of Padmé, too. I thought she'd have a little more screen time.

25. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    I don't usually listen to the Force-cast podcast here at theforce.net, but the 8/15 show has an interview about 30 or 40 minutes in with the gal who voices Ahsoka Tano where she gives some great insight into the character and also hints at the relationship between Ahsoka and Padmé, that they <i>will</i> interact a few times during the first season of the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.