main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON We actually survived the Grape & Wine!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mert_Skywalker, Sep 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Oh, what a great day. YJN got HUGE publicity from the Grape & Wine Parade, and had alot of fun doing it. Although, I must say it would've been better if the costumes were more comfortable. I for one, can't believe Jason as Darth Vadar and Mark as the Stormtrooper survived the walk. I was only dressed as Luke as an X-Wing pilot, and I'm so tired I'm about to go in a corner in the fetal position and cry! There was also Boba, who continguingly complained about how the jock strap he wore was too tight (what a bragger).But I would like to end this post by saying congrats to all the members who made this parade better through their hard work. Well, I guess that is everyone in the group than!

p.s. Let's here it for our three new members, Brian, Ryan and Shawn!!!

2. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Oh boy, that was a wonderful day. It's 10:42 and it feels like 11:00.....weird. I loved getting all the cheers from the little kids and they all wanted to shake my hand (and for me to shoot them :p). I especially loved when Mark (our stormtrooper) danced along to the music from the float ahead of us! That cracked everyone up. About the new members, apparently they just saw us and they enlisted to become Imperial Scout Troopers...although they didn't quite "fit" the part (they are small dudes!). I'm really tired now, so I'm only doing a short report and one, blurry, photo. Here it is.
    [image=http://fan.starwars.com/young_jedi_niagara/files/Photos/GrapeAndWine/group.jpg]
    From Left to right:
    Bayley, Laurie, Mallory, Debb (back), Corey, Chris, Brian, Shawn, Mark (back), Graeme (me), Ryan, Jason, Crystal, Brian, Andrew, Nick, Amanda, Mitch, Steph, Eryn, and R5-D4

I will be posting a full summary as well as tons more, better quality photos in the past events section of http://www.youngjediniagara.com

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I only wish I could have particpated.

Sounds like it was a good time, however tiring.

4. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Costumes look sweet guys! I wish i was there to see it all though, next time you are out and about, i`ll be sure to come and take a look!

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    We did a great job guys.
    Plus on a further note...Jerry, from DMZ Paintball, has told me that; "Since Y.J.N. helped promote my store (in exchange for the use of R5 and some of the costumes) I?m going to make a $50.00 donation, to Women's Place, on your behalf.?
    That's something else to be proud of guys.
    Well Done.

6. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    Wow, thats great! Big thanks to Jerry for all his help!

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Congratulations!

Looks like alot of fun was had!

You guys are really doing some great stuff in the Niagara region, keep up the great work!

8. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    The parade was shown CH (channel 11) this afternoon btw.

They did show a very quick shot of YJN, and read the blurb about the club and Women's Place.

It was real fast. Hardly a chance at all to take in the costumes, but it still looked good, and the parade commentators resisted making any embarrassing remarks.

9. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I taped the channel 10 showing of the parade.
    Did anyone tape the channel 11?

10. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    I got it, don't worry.

Top 3 best things about the parade:

1. People on top of buildings shouting "Chewie! Chewie! ROWRAAARG!"

2. Getting 3 new members to fill those empty sets of Biker Scout armour

3. "Luke, I am your father" being shouted by everyone

feel free to add on more

11. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    No, the "Luke I am your father" bit was NOT a highlight. No way. If I hear that again by someone OTHER than James Earl Jones, I'm gonna go crazy!!! But a highlight of the parade would have to be the great *rolling of eyes* support given to us at school.

12. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    I am SO glad I wore a helmet......

13. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    I was watching the Grape and Wine parade and saw the excellent actors & costumes. I was amazed. For once someone actaully had goos custumes and the people were all the right heights as the actors LOL.
    I saw that you guys had a webpage and since have visited it and inquired in becoming a member.

14. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi CranieAmidala,

I?ll officially welcome you to fanforce and into Young Jedi Niagara as a member.
    I?ve already added you to our members email list and I believe I?ve sent you our latest Y.J.N.ewsletter.
    Everyone?say hello to CranieAmidala!!!

15. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Hi CranieAmidala!

16. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    Didn't you go to Queen Mary a couple years ago?

17. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    The Grape and Wine Parade pictures are up on our website now for everyone to see. (Past Events Page)
    For those that could not make it to the parade I hope to see you on October 16th at our Charity DVD Release Event.

18. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Mert... I am your father... er.. mother!!!

Amidala Wannabe

19. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    NOOO!!! It can't be..... NOOOOOO

20. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    About the school thing, none of my friends where there! or at least not the ones that would make a big thing about it.... hehehe... Yes Mert... i am your mother..

Amidala Wannabe

21. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    The other day, Mert says that in Empire, Vader said "Luke, I am your father". CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Everyone knows he said "No, I am your father". He tried to make it seem like he knew exactly what Vader said.

And I laughed in his face.

BTW, in class I only refer to him as "Commander Skywalker". Give it a try. You'll be suprised how he reacts

22. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Hey Everybody!
    Steph your friends were there remeber Erika and tara? They were standing two feet away from me screaming at the top of their lungs! and apperantly they have the pictures to prove it too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.