main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We Don't Need Another Sequel: "28 Months Later"

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zaz, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Yes, they are making a sequel to "Meet the Parents" and "Meet the Fockers." We all know what this movie will be like. If we all chip in a nickel and hire a cheap hit man, maybe we can prevent it.

2. Cremasters_Ghost

Cremasters_Ghost Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 7, 2005
    Is this the actual title, because I like it. But I won't be seeing the movie.

3. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    * Throws in five dollars worth of nickels *

Spend a little of the overage on taking out Ben Stiller, too. NOBODY should be in that many movies in the span of four years.

4. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I happen to like Meet the Fockers. This could be good if Jay Roach (Meet The Parents, Austin Powers) is still behind it, and all of the cast members return.

5. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    It could be funny. But Meet the Fockers felt like it was stretching for laughs in a few places.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I won't see it in theaters, but I'll watch it if someone rents the movie for me.

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    If it's as good as Superman 3, Jaws 3, Police Acadamy 3, or Alien 3, I'll be there.......to point and laugh at it.

8. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Yet another case of "Let's make it a trilogy".:rolleyes:

9. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    The first one was pretty good and the second one had its moments, but I agree, its enough already. All it'll be is a retread of the first two films, kind of like Goldmember was.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I knew that this was going to happen. I remember comming out of the theatre after seeing MTF and saying "I smell Meet the Grandparents in a couple of years."

11. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I think Jerry Stiller should have played Ben Stiller's dad in MTF. That would have been hilarious!!

12. Nirnaeth

Nirnaeth Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    I didn't know there was coming a sequel...*shocked and disappointed*

I liked MTP and MTF a lot...but, yep...it's enough. And if it's about the baby, it probably won't be something special, since we already had a lot of baby-gags in MTF...

13. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Fockers brings the series full-circle if you ask me. You met Pam's parents, you met Greg's parents. They're together. End of story. Don't drag a kid into this, bad enough we have that foul-mouthed Little Jack.

14. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Meet the Parents was a good movie,Meet the Fockers was awful,end it here.I`d watch a third one if DeNiro,his Jack is such an unlikeable character that it`s all most painful to watch,wasn`t there but you know he will be...

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Meet the Parents is a classic. I watched the commercials for the sequel and didn?t crack a smile. And if Hoffman and Streisand were really acting like they did at the Oscars in the movie, then I never will. Hoffman seems to be another in a long line of actors who has sort of almost morphed into an impersonator of himself.

I can?t believe they?re going to make another one. I?ll throw in two bucks to the hit man fund.

16. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    I really liked Meet The Parents, but Meet The Fockers was a disappointment. If this next one is made in a similar vein to Meet The Fockers than I'm not interested. As long as these keep making money there may be no end in sight.

17. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    The sequel was already pushing it too far. The original was incredible...and the sequel was more or less a rehash with a few good moments...namely Dustin Hoffman's character. I have a feeling that this next one will be absolutely god-awful.

18. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    They've run out of peanut butter to spread on these crackers.
    I think this movie will fail if for no other reason than they
    destroyed all the auidence's good will with 'Meet the Fockers',
    easily one of the worst sequels I've ever seen.

BTW, is it a law that Ben Stiller star in every other film made?

19. Loopster

Loopster Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    How long can they keep up with the same joke? Focker sounds like a swear word, oh hardy har har. If I hear Gaylord Focker or the word Focker in an attempt to get another cheap laugh one more time I'm going to scream.

The DeNiro character must go down as the most totally obnoxious and unredeeming character in film history.

The most over rated comedies ever, IMO.

Terrible.

20. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    Meet the Little Focker

I find the title really funny and I don't know why. [face_laugh]

21. Loopster

Loopster Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    So you are the reason Meet the Fockers made a killing at the BO.

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next: Indiana Jones #4. We must have been hearing about this for the last 20 years. It has surfaced again, now that Episode III is complete.

Think about it. Ford is currently 63 years old. So the suits will provide a younger man in the script, somehow. Since they are completely without imagination, it doesn't take much to figure out that Indy will have a son that---of course!---he didn't know about previously, and they will be hunting an archelogical treasure togethter. It's that predictable.

Can't they leave it alone? Please?

23. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    You obviously don't know much about Indy 4. GL and Speilberg are writing it so that Indiana is older. Harrison will still be in it, so will Connery.

GL said he was fine with three movies, but then he came up with a good story and told Speilberg about it.

I can't wait for it!

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    You obviously don't know much about Indy 4. GL and Speilberg are writing it so that Indiana is older. Harrison will still be in it, so will Connery.

I've heard that too. Where the first three were set in the late 1930s, just before World War II Indy 4 will apparently be set in the 1950s. I haven't heard definetly that Connery will be in it, but I have heard that he would do it if he could, so I do see Sean Connery up showing in IJ4 as being a definet possibility.

25. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I agree Indy 4 is going to rock, I can't wait to see it. They should have Short Round in it, then he can say more lines like "No time for love Dr. Jones" and "you cheat".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.