main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga We Interrupt This Broadcast -- (ROTS OC Story) Cover Art and Replies added 10/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: We Interrupt This Broadcast ...
    Author: Layren
    Timeframe: ROTS ..
    Summary: On the day the Empire is officially born, one woman must decide between the truth she's been told or what she believes is right.
    Characters: OC's..
    Genre: Angst/Drama
    Author's Note: Special thanks to Jennifer_Lyn for the beautiful cover art!

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/Layren/WeInterruptThisBroadcastCoverArt.jpg]

?Mommy, Dilan stole my Jedi ship!? the four-year-old girl Ryli Ramiras wailed at the loss of her toy.

?Dilan, give it back,? their mother Ashya Ramiras said looking harassed as she put up her hair. Ashya was a spunky, vivacious woman in her mid-thirties with curly blonde hair and deep blue eyes. She had three children. Her oldest, Dilan, was a six-year-old boy, her youngest was an infant of six months old and her daughter was the middle child. They were part of a middle class family on Coruscant.

?Girls don?t play with ships,? Dilan said pouting as he reluctantly gave up the starship.

?Today they do,? Ashya said. She was doing her hair in the very trendy style started by Senator Padme` Amidala. She was a successful Holo News reporter for the planet wide broadcasting company Coruscant Center Broadcasting Network and she had to always look her best. She hunted for more pins to put the braided hair up in buns. Their company had done exclusive coverage of the Separatist war ever since it started, beating out their main rivals in the business.

She had been one of the first to know about the Chancellor?s disappearance about his rescue by the young Jedi, Anakin Skywalker. She had asked Skywalker for an interview and he had politely blushed and declined. Impeccable though Skywalker?s manners had been, something about him made her uneasy. She shook herself from her reverie and glanced at the chrono. She would be late if she didn?t hurry.

Her husband was putting on his tie and gathered his datapad and briefcase. Ronin Ramiras was the director of a successful company called Ramiras Transportation Systems. His company specialized in designing hyperdrives for smaller ships. He came into their refresher where his wife was doing her hair and kissed her cheek.

The children made loud sounds of disgust.

Ashya ignored them as she turned to kiss her husband back. ?I hope you have a good day sweetheart.?

?You too, dear. I might be late tonight if we have another order come through,? he said regretfully.

She tweaked his tie. ?I?ll keep dinner warm for you. I love you, you big gundark.?

He gave her a cocky grin. ?I know.? He waved and headed to his own speeder.

Ashya ushered her children to their speeder to take them to school and daycare. /It?s going to be a long day?/

~~~~~~~~~~~

When she arrived at work after having dropped her children off, she found her office in an uproar.

?Ashya, where in the Force?s name have you been?? Her boss, Mr. Paines, came hurrying out of his office looking very irritated.

/Uh-oh?must be something big?/

?I was dropping my children off, unless you?d rather they come to work with me,? she said coolly. She had arrived right on time and she got yelled at.

His face turned slightly red with embarrassment as he realized that she was on time. ?We?ve got something big going on and I need you to get to the bottom of it.?

She sat down at her desk and sprayed her plants with water from her water bottle she kept by her desk. ?What?s the situation?? she asked nonchalantly.

?The situation is that Chancellor Palpatine is calling for a special session of the senate today. He called moments ago demanding one of our reporters come to the Senate chamber for a personal interview and to record his speech for prosperity,? here he rolled his eyes.

?You?re the only one I trust with this type of assignment,? he said gruffly. I?ve heard from several sources that have been coming in all morning that Master Mace Windu is dead,? he said. ?The Jedi are staging some sort of rebe

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, fascinating idea for a perspective

3. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Interesting idea. I've wondered about the non-Senate, non-Jedi, non-Sith perspective of everything happening.

Please tell me she's not going to go get herself into trouble. :p

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very, very cool idea! Wow! I can't wait to read more. =D=

Love your OC by the way! :D

5. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Awesome idea. Love the story and want -- nay, demand -- more. :p

6. masterArchitect

masterArchitect Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I'm feelin it. Great job picking an obscure "obvious" person, these make for real good stories. Keep goin.

7. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Now this is a truly unique perspective - I'd love to know the civilian view of how the land lies. Great work. Post soon? :)

8. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I really like the sound of this! Please go on.

9. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    oh, the story you were talking to me about earlier, very nice start, knew it would be though, can't wait for more!

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ramiras... [face_thinking] Now why does that sound familiar? [face_laugh]

Great start Master! :D Can't wait for more! Loved the family! ;) Hope she doesn't get herself into too much trouble now!

11. Darth_Skywalker2

Darth_Skywalker2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2004
    very interesting! more soon please :)

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Superb and unique take on the story Layren. I look forward to reading more. :) :)

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Cool idea, Layren. I liked how you tied in Kyran with the reporter. I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

14. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    DarthIshtar Thanks! I thought it was a pretty cool idea -- glad to see others agree!

Master_Noi [face_devil] No Promises....

VaderLVR Thanks! I'm growing rather attached to her myself ;)

maderic Ask and ye shall receive :D thanks for reading!

MasterArchitect Thanks! sometimes the point of view that is the most interesting is one that is over looked ;) Thanks for stopping in! welcome to the boards!

Princess_A Now really would I ever leave you hanging for long? :D

Aiel Don't worry! There's plenty more left!

darksideyesplease Yep this is the one! Thanks for stopping by!

Kynstar So I stole it from one of our goof off rpgs... I needed a last name that sounded star warsish and I couldn't think of anything else that sounded good with Ashya :p Thanks for reading!

Darth_Skywalker2 More is on the way!

Healer_Leona Thanks so very much!

Dianethx THanks! I had originally thought about tying her in with Qui-Gon, but then I decided to tie her to Kyran at the last minute and figured that sounded more plausible :D Thanks for reading! You know how much I value your opinion :D

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I want lots of Kyran!

16. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Ooo... I love this so far, Layren! I knew you were going to throw Kyran in there somewhere. :p

Great start so far, I can't wait to see where this goes! :)

17. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    DarthIshtar You would! this story is about Ashya but I promise Kyran will be in it some ;)

Targeter Of course! Ky is in everything I write! I have to put him in :D Thanks for reading!

Everyone I will try to have this updated by the end of the holiday weekend .. just bear with me :) I will try to update once a week :)

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I beg for more! I really do.

19. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Sorry this post is so late! Darth Real Life has been a killer with 9 hour days at the creche this week!

Ashya checked her reflection one last time before the Chancellor?s private speeder arrived at the private Senate arena docking bay. Two guards cloaked in red stood waiting to greet her along with the Chancellor?s personal assistant.

?Mrs. Ramiras, I am Late?ka Drinn, personal assistant to Chancellor Palpatine. Thank you for coming.?

She nodded in greeting and held out her hand to shake which Ms. Drinn accepted. ?It is a pleasure.?

?The Chancellor has a limited amount of time for this interview. You have twenty minutes,? Drinn continued as she took the reporter up to the Chancellor?s private office.

?I understand,? she glanced around taking in the lavish finery the Chancellor?s office had to offer. Ashya turned on her holorecorder as the Chancellor entered. He looked horribly disfigured from the last time she had seen him and it took all of her control to avoid gasping, but she couldn?t help the grimace that crossed her pretty features.

?Ahh, Mrs. Ramiras, a pleasure to see you again. Please, come and sit down,? he said politely.

She took it as an order ? his tone did not invite refusal. She sat across from him wondering where to begin. /How did one begin the interview of a lifetime with a window of twenty minutes?/

?I assume you are appalled by my disfigurement,? he began regretfully.

She jerked her head up from where she had been staring at her datapad and her face flushed. ? My apologies, Chancellor. I am merely concerned for your well being. You were only just rescued not long ago. If I may be so bold as to inquire how it happened??

He chuckled, a harsh grating sound that caused the hair on the back of her neck to rise.

?You are a bold one,? he said sounding quite delighted. ?You have asked the question everyone else fears to ask this morning. I can see it you know ? on their lips. But out of fear they refuse to ask. For your courage, I shall reward you with an answer.?

Ashya waited breathlessly.

?Early last evening several Jedi Masters entered my office in attempt to assassinate me! I have no skill with a lightsaber but four of them came at me with their sabers drawn as if I were some sort of dangerous criminal.?

Ashya gasped. ?Surely they wouldn?t!?

?Yes, my dear. The Jedi are traitorous. They have been plotting all along to over throw me,? he said in a voice that sounded perilously close to a whine.

?What did you do? How did you escape?? she asked with eagerness forgetting her professionalism.

Why eventually Master Windu dropped his blade and I picked it up. I had to defend myself you know. They were trying to kill me. I summoned my security and young Skywalker heard the commotion. He came to my aide once more and saved me from almost certain death,? the last words were said in a whisper.

Ashya for once in her talkative life was completely speechless. Something wasn?t right, but she couldn?t put her finger on it. It seemed very unlikely to her that Master Mace Windu would be so clumsy and drop his blade and even more unlikely that the Chancellor with no lightsaber skills whatsoever could manage to stay alive against four seasoned Masters. There was a tale here ? she just wasn?t sure what.

Palpatine suddenly stood and walked toward his window. Maintenance droids had replaced the window almost as soon as Master Windu had broken it. ?Ashya my dear, you seem preoccupied.?

She colored and turned her attention back to her job, trying to push her conflicting feelings aside. ?My apologies, Chancellor.?

He waved a hand graciously. ?It is of no concern. A Jedi rebellion is difficult to imagine, isn?t it?? he said knowingly.

?I admit, I am having trouble understanding why they would try to kill you, Sir,? she admitted. "What will be your official reaction to the Jedi rebellion, Chancellor?"

He turned back to face her. ?That which was muddied will be made clear. Those who are in power will do almost anything to keep it, Ashya. Surely you have hear

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ha... Clever of him. Manipulated of her...

21. Elyia_Dooku

Elyia_Dooku Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2004
    Great job! Ahhh I don't mind you borrowing the name ;) It actually is a name I gave one of my SW RPG characters hehehe the nephew of Bel Iblis to be exact ;)

Great chapter :D Loved how he knew that she had Jedi kin. Sad too... he knows something she doesn't... bet she ain't gonna be too happy at finding out that the Jedi have been whipped out at the Temple and will be hunted down :(

22. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Thanks for pointing this out to me! Really liked it... Palpatine is being quite manipulative, evil guy. And I wonder how she's going to take it all... Under Bail's seat? Interesting place for her to be.

And you also brough Kyran into this, sweet. He really is a nice OC you have there...

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    She's not going to be happy about this and with someone she knows among the Jedi, she should be aware of what and what is not possible.

Good job with this. It's been really cool so far!

24. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    There was a tale here ? she just wasn?t sure what. Ugh - there is a tale there. She just might not live long if she chooses to pursue it.

Palpy is creepy as always.

25. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Better late than never, eh?

Excellent story so far, my former master. I look forward to reading more. I'm especially interested to see how she handles Padme's "So this is how liberty dies--with thunderous appalause". :}

Found this really funny: ?Yes, my dear. The Jedi are traitorous. They have been plotting all along to over throw me,? he said in a voice that sounded perilously close to a whine. haha! Taking after his apprentice already.

More?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.