main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga We Interrupt This Broadcast -- (ROTS OC Story) Cover Art and Replies added 10/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    oops...

2. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey everyone. I am no longer Fanforce president thereforce my name will not be blue anymore. If you would like to receive Pm's about updates from me on this fic or others, please let me know!!!

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I assume this is the quiet before the storm - domestic and all, Kyran should be looking to move on, out of her house before it's too late!

Good job.

4. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Hm, does Kyran know about Anakin/Vader?

Anyway, I missed a couple of posts, but just caught up. Great job!

5. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Alethia Thank you! Kyran was mainly doing that to keep himself from going mad with grief. It's been a hard journey for him :) Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR Glad to see you finally got caught up! Thanks for reading!

Dianethx Yes he should -- and yes it is ;) Thanks for reading!

Kateydidnt Kyran was a close friend of Qui-Gon's, therefore Obi-Wan trusted him. He knew that Anakin had been having trouble for awhile now..and combined with Obi-Wan's message and the Temple slaughter, he was able to put the two together :) Thanks for reading!

To Everyone Thanks so much for nominating Ashya Ramiras as Best Original Female character! I was so thrilled!! Thank you!!!

Chapter Five

Ashya awoke just before dawn. Her husband was still sleeping soundly and she smiled in the darkness watching him. His hair fell across his forehead and very gently she brushed it out of the way. She peered at the chrono by her bedside. She still had a good two standard hours to go before it went off. She wasn?t sure why she was awake, especially this early.

Thwap. Thwap Thwap. Thwap. Thwap.

She frowned hearing the noise and strained to see in the darkness.

Thwap. Thwap Thwap. Thwap. Thwap.

The sound was coming at regular intervals. Was the faucet in the refresher leaking, she wondered somewhat drowsily. She slid out of bed to go check.

No. It wasn?t the faucet.

She peered outside the window as she came back to the bed and what she saw made her heart stand still.

At least a dozen troopers were marching down her street. With a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach, she shook her husband.

?Ronin! Get up! Palpatine has found us!? She said panicking. She hurried to get dressed in the dark. Maybe there was a chance they could slip out the back kitchen door. She was grateful now that she had put her baby?s bag by the door there. One less thing to worry about.

Her husband nearly leapt out of bed at the urgency in her voice. ?Sithspit, how could they have discovered we are hiding a Jedi so soon??

?I don?t know! Maybe they have been searching for him since his ship was shot down,? Ashya replied worriedly.

?Get the children,? Ronin snapped at her.

Ashya ran into the corridor and to her children?s adjoining bedrooms. ?Ryli! Dilan, wake up!? she barked, dragging them out of bed when they were slow to respond.

?But mommy, I?m still sleepy,? Dilan said yawning. ?What?s going on??

?No time, Dilan,? she said hurriedly while dressing her son. ?Get to the back kitchen door and wait for me while I get your sisters.?

Dilan did as he was told hearing the urgency and fright in his mother?s voice. He had never heard his mother talk to him like that before.

Coming to her daughter?s room, she found Kyran already there helping her get ready. ?Ryli, get to the back door with Dilan!? She ordered, a fierce sense of protectiveness rising in her.

She ran to Ranya?s crib and snatched her daughter up along with everything she could carry for her. She ran to the back door where she stuffed the diaper bag full of the supplies in her arms.

Ashya peered out the window again. She estimated they had five minutes. Maybe less.

She opened the back door and Ronin appeared with Kyran. The Jedi was holding his saber at the ready, the teal blade glowing in the darkness, and her husband had two blasters.

?Ronin, what are you doing?? She asked. ?Hurry and come on!?

He bit his lip and shook his head. ?Ashya, I can?t.?

?What are you talking about?? She asked worriedly. ?Ronin??

?I can?t come with you.?

?Of course you can! You?re my husband! I need you to be with me to raise our children!? She said thickly. Tears began trailing down her cheeks.

?I can?t Ashya. It is my duty to protect my family. The best way I can do that is to give you time to get the children out safely.? He handed her an envelope filled with untraceable currency.

?Where did you get this?? Ashya asked, thunderstruck.

?Our savings accoun

6. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey, you said she'd only escape with the baby! Not that I'm thrilled that she was able to save her other daughter as well, but just curious why you changed it...

Lovely chapter. It must have been so hard to watch that and then walk away like that. Dilan was very brave and I wonder what's going to happen to him. And I hope that Ashya will be all right, eventually. Poor woman...

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
  8. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Whoa. Master, I'm stunned! The emotion in this story is amazing, it's so interesting to see the change from Republic to Empire from a non-Combatant point of view.

Why do I think our heroine is going to find her way to Senator Organa's side?

9. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    :_| You killed off Kyran and her husband! That was so sad. You actually brought tears to my eyes. (And that's hard to do.) :( At least Ashya made it out with her daughters.

Nice job, Master. (As always.) =D=

More soon! [face_praying] :D

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Alethia Really the reason is because I'm a big softie and I couldn't kill her daughters :p I work with infants and children that age so I just didn't have the heart ;) especially after what I made her just go through. :) Thanks for reading!

DarthIshtar Thanks :D I'm glad you enjoyed it ;)

Shadowolf Hiya padawan! Glad you caught up! I'm really glad you are enjoying this story so far and as for why.... [face_whistling] I'm not telling :D

Kadi *hands padawan a kleenex* If it makes you feel any better, I was crying as I wrote it.... and here's more for you :D

Chapter 6

Several days later, Ashya Ramiras felt like a different person, which she essentially was with all the changes to her appearance as she was hiding from the Empire. She had the tight spiral curls that were in her hair, professionally straightened and her hair color was now a rich chestnut brown. She had several illegitimate contacts through her various investigations and had been given a new identity by one of the best ID forgers on Coruscant.

She glanced at her ID and the picture. The name now read Toryn Farr and she admired how different she looked from the holopic she had of her and her husband.

She mused about the future while she fed her youngest daughter a bottle. They were currently staying in a hotel in a sleazy neighborhood where she dared not let the children out alone on the streets. It wasn?t safe here, but that didn?t much matter to Ashya now.

Nothing was safe anymore. Not as long as Palpatine was alive.

She hated the Empire. She wanted to rip out the monster that sustained it. The same monster that gave it Life, as it took her husband, her son and her cousin.

She knew many women like her had lost their sons and cousins during the Temple massacre and with all her heart she wanted to fight back.

Her cousin often told her that hate lead to suffering, but she was already suffering and the Jedi were dead, his wisdom not having saved him when he needed it. She wanted to use this anger and hurt the Empire that had ruined so many lives already like hers.

She was shuffling in her baby?s bag for a burp rag when she came across a folded flimsiplast. /What is this?/ she wondered as she took it out and unfolded it.

Ashya nearly gasped, realizing what it was ? Senator Bail Organa?s contact information. Biting her lip, she looked it over as she found the rag and began to burp her daughter.

She remembered why she had put it there. One day after school Dilan had wanted sweet snow from their favorite shop. She had pulled the flimsy out of her pocket that day and had jammed it into Ranya?s bag as she pulled out her credits. /You may have saved us with that sweet snow, my son/ she thought, tears forming in her eyes as she thought about him. He was lost to her, but she would fight the enemy who took him until her last breath.

Her soul yearned to see her son again, but she knew that those carefree days were gone.

She remembered something she heard Senator Organa say. ?The delegation of two thousand has it?s work cut out for it?? Was there already a rebellion forming?

She had to know. If there was already a group dedicated to rooting out the black that had overcome the Republic and her family, then she would. She would do whatever it took to get her son back and Palpatine out of office.

Hesistantly she pushed the code on her secure comlink for Bail Organa?s private comlink.

?Organa,? he answered.

Chewing her lip, Ashya was suddenly overwhelmed by doubt and the enormity of the task in rooting out the Empire. What if there really wasn?t a rebellion and she got caught and Senator Organa got in trouble? She couldn?t live with herself if she brought trouble on him like she had herself.

?Is anyone there?? he asked.

?Senator Organa, this is Ashya Ramiras. I?m sorry for bothering you.?

She could feel his surprise. ?How can be of service, Mrs. Ramiras??

Ashya?s throat constricted at the sound of her married name. Her voice was u

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    She heard the wariness in the Senator?s voice when he replied, ?Yes. What can I be of help with??

?May we talk about the Delegation of Two Thousand?? she blurted, before realizing abruptly that probably wasn?t the smartest thing to say.

?I?m afraid that topic is off limits to the press,? he said a trifle coldly.

?Please!? she cried, more to stop him from signing off than anything. ?Is it off limits to a broken wife and mother??

Something in his voice softened and when he spoke his tone was kind and gentle even. ?No, of course not,? he said compassionately. ?Is there somewhere you can meet for a more private conversation??

AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME part. That's my Bail!

12. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Uh oh, I have a bad feeling about this. [face_worried]
    Don't leave the kids alone, Ashya. This isn't going to turn out well, is it?

So, let's have another update. ;) :D

Nice job Master!

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor thing. She is wrestling with the loss of her husband, son and cousin and yet she still needs to keep her other kids alive. Contacting Bail sounds good but it might not be the right thing to do. She used her real name and that could be a problem if they are still looking for her.

Good job. Keep going!

14. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Layren, you're a horrible person... you killed Kyran!!! :_|:_|:_|:_|:_| *is still crying ten minutes later*

Okay, you're not really a horrible person, but- but- *sniffs*

Oooo, yay!! We get the Rebellion and my favorite Senator ever soon!!!!

15. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    :eek: I can't believe you killed Kyran!

I knew this wasn't going to be good for her. Please don't leave the kiddos alone. [face_praying]

16. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Oh good! She did contact him! Bail is such an awesome character, I love how he was willing to talk once he realized she wasn't trying to interview him for a news story.

But I've got a bad feeling about her leaving her daughters. She doesn't deserve anymore heartache!

17. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I really like Ashya. :) Cool character! I'm happy she could help Kyran for a while, but... :_| I can't believe you killed him! I hope her two girls stay safe, and yay for Bail!

I'm enjoying this story! Could you pm me when you update? Thanks!

18. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Good posties.

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm so behind! Please excuse this old lady! But this story is really, really good! :D

20. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    DarthIshtar So glad you enjoyed it! I really enjoyed writing Bail ;)

Kadi Now padawan, why would you have such doubts! [face_devil] Am I really that mean ;)

Diane She used her real name partially so that he would remember her. After all if a complete stranger called about the Rebellion, he might be very suspicious and not as willing to talk. Thanks for reading!

CodeName_Targeter If it makes you feel any better, I cried too while I was writing it :p *passes you some tissues* Thanks for reading!

Master_Noi Of course! Kyran had to die, he was a Jedi. By the time Luke was around there were no Jedi left except old Obi-Wan :) Thanks for reading!!

Shadowolf Yes that is indeed what Bail was afraid of :D After all word getting out of the Rebellion among the press wouldnt' be a good thing and no she doesn't :) Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Tigris I've grown really fond of her myself :D Thanks so much for reading!

Wes_Janson Thanks so much :)

VaderLVR You're much forgiven ;) Mrs. Moderator :D Congrats on the promotion!!

Everyone This is the very last chapter of my first ever saga solo story :) Thanks for sticking through with me till the end! It means so much to me! Sorry for taking so long with this post. Writer's block was awful this week :)

Epilogue

Twenty-two years later and Toryn Farr was no longer young. The years had been kind to her, however and she kept her age well. Her involvement with the Rebel Alliance through the years had given her a purpose for living and continuing on, in spite of her difficulties. She had done well for herself and her two daughters, both of whom were now grown and loyal fighters in the Alliance.

She had advanced through the years to become the Alliance?s Chief Controller of Operations. It was her job now to make sure that commanders and the ground troops received the right orders and she acted as the interface between command and the ion cannon gunners.

She brushed some snow out of her hair as she arrived for her shift. She was in charge of monitoring the activity surrounding the system of Hoth where the Rebels were currently hiding from the Empire.

She was in a somber mood today, which wasn?t that unusual as the Empire continued tightening it?s grip against its citizens, but today was a special day.

On this day twenty-two years ago, she had lost her husband, son and her cousin to the Empire.

Her heart clenched in her chest painfully as she tried to dispel the memories that threatened to overwhelm her.

/If only you know how much I miss you./

She looked around briefly, before going to her seat and she noticed that Princess Leia was standing nearby.

Toryn caught the Princess?s eye and smiled weakly, trying to hide the turmoil she felt.

Seeing Leia leading the Rebellion in her father?s place was both encouraging and disheartening at the same time. Encouraging because of the new generation that Leia represented?that there was still hope for the Empire to be defeated. Disheartening because Leia also represented what she had lost.

Leia came over to her monitor and studied the display. ?Are you alright, Toryn?? She asked.

Toryn sighed a little and wiped her eyes. ?Not really, but I will be once Palpatine is out of office.?

Leia?s look became understanding and she touched her shoulder gently. ?I feel the same,? she replied softly.

They had talked many times and Toryn considered Leia as dear a friend of hers as her father had been. She knew the guilt Leia still felt for her role in Alderaan?s destruction, but she hid it well. The job that mattered was fighting the Empire. They could grieve when this was over. ?Your father would be very proud of you, Princess.?

Tears formed in Leia?s brown eyes. ?And your family would be proud of the job you do as well.?

Toryn looked up at the monitor, to distract herself and her gaze hardened as she saw a blip on the monitor that represented a ship. The Empire had fou

21. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great ending my old Master! =D= Congrads on your accomplishment! :D

Loved how she kept on even thru the years fighting for the Rebellion!

22. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved the way you tied it all up at the end, great lead in to TESB with the ion cannons firing. Great job. And congrats on this one being your first solo Saga story.

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww...sweet ending!

24. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Great way to wrap it all up! I really liked how it led into ESB. Great job! =D=

25. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Well, Layren, in your first foray into a solo Saga piece, you did a fantastic and wonderful job. You captured the emotions of each of the characters so well, and the anguish of Ashya in a manner that didn't overwhelm the story, but instead, underwrote it in such a manner that the reader couldn't but help being drawn in.

The connections between the characters, and the way that Ashya felt in regards to them made the story even more compelling, especially when she decided to put her family (including her cousin first). The fact that she ended up being one of three survivors of the family made it bittersweet, and caused the reader to want to know what happened to her son.

Just a thought on the ease that the Empire found them with: the Emperor knew that she had a Jedi cousin, and said Jedi cousin had gone missing. My first guess would have been to look towards family. Just my two cents, and why I thought the speed with which it happened worked.

Anyway, great job! I loved it :) Wonderful, yet bittersweet, way to end it

LJS @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.