main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    chad platt for hal jordan

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You're almost certainly getting Rooker, so that was already a net-positive...

EDIT: I wouldn't rule out Fillion either...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    michael rosenbaum, too

we will finally get the real ****ing hardass lex luthor back, and dump the facebook bro

edit - btw, if you haven't listened to rosenbaum's podcast, you need to.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Rosenbaum and Levi are already besties as well, no? So there was that chance to begin with...

Also, not for nothing, possibly Elizabeth Banks...

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Recasting Deadshot to have an actor play Floyd Lawton/Deadshot and not Will Smith/Will Smith would be a good call.

appleseed and heels1785 like this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Dang, that’s actually awesome news! It’s the perfect DC series for Gunn to direct. I’m one of the guys who actually loved the first Suicide Squad film, and that was mostly down the characters. So I hope it’s a sequel. But they could easily replace most of the cast with new members to make it feel like a completely different film. Just keep Harley, Deadshot and Boomerang.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    "Dang"? What the ****? Are you BigAl6ft6?

Anyway, keeping Deadshot is fine; keeping Will Smith isn't. We need someone who can act, for one. That of course also applies to Jai Courtney.

But you have a core SS roster post-New 52: Flagg, Harley, Deadshot, Boomerang, Croc, Katana, Enchantress. Flagg in fact is the only constant I recall actually.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    If they were to recast Deadshot, I’ve always wanted Luke Evans to play him. But knowing Gunn, he’d probably give the role to Michael Rooker.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I think Luke Evans would make a great Kraven to go up against Spider-Man.

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I think he'd make a great Sinestro and Namor. He needs to be in a comic book film asap.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yay, Gunn! I really dug Suicide Squad and since he is inheriting a cast of wacky characters he can kick if up a few notches as well.

Bautista seems like a lock and Bane is a great idea. Although he still has his Marvel gig but maybe he gets bumped off in Avengers 4. It would be freakin' weird if "oh, everyone who came back from getting dusted by Thanos is alive. Except for Drax." Although I did hear a good suggestion that Drax reappears on the edge of a cliff the breaks off. Bonus points if he runs in place for a bit like Wile E. Coyote.

I'm wondering if/when the Pizzagate troll bots will try to get him fired from WB by basically reposting the same thing. "HEY! Remember this! James Gunn! Pizzagate! Never forget!!

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What did I just try and read?

Diggy and heels1785 like this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Somehow it feels wrong to have all of this casting speculation excitement without our old friend.

One can only hope that his defense of bottom girl Allison Mack is fulfilling.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Slowpokeing? That is a name I have not heard in a long time. We don't need him here as we already know he'd want Kate Beckinsdale as Harley Quinn.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    one can only hope he's a bottom girl himself.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Strange way to spell Jesse Eisenberg.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    no that’s the high school kid

rosenbaum is lex luthor

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    @heels1785 he puts the prequels first and TFA dead last. He put the Clone Wars cartoon ahead of Rebels. Clearly this is not an opinion you need to worry about.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nah, darkslayer’s a friend and a fellow DC advocate - we need them in the fight against the nefarious jointheshorts and dp4m.

he knows he’s wrong about Facebook bro lex, though. And TFA. :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    John The Shorts just likes Marvel because of Psylocke's boobs. He's a huge fan of Captain Britain. His opinions are almost worst than Darkslayers.

Almost.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I will advocate for Join the Schwartz.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    DC has many an ample bosom (male and female). Perhaps we can turn him back to the light.

If only slowpoke were here to post dozens of suggestive photos of Teri Hatcher, or whoever he was obsessed with.

Ender Sai likes this.
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    He can detract from himself without help, but appreciate you getting involved.

25. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Gunn should head up the fun, silly side, and Patty Jenkins should head up the inspirational and heroic side.

And Wan should handle whatever he wants. Aquaman looks like a dream come true.