main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not familiar with any live action Zatannas. I only know of the one from the Batman animated series

And the one from the original Injustice game.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Zatanna was great on Smallville. One of the better guest characters over the last few seasons.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  3. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Yeah they did a thing of her a couple times in Smallville. Nothing else but cartoon. I specifically member her in the "Batman sings WW pig" episode

RolandofGilead likes this.
  4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    As a kid I always knew him as Shazam. This is news to me.

Maybe in a crossover the Captain Marvels can elope.

It’s interesting that Marvel Comics wasn’t officially or even unofficially designated as such for quite some time.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Djimon Hounsou is in Captain Marvel, and he's also in Shazam.

So, from a certain point of view, he's in two Captain Marvel movies. :p

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's afterwards, but I don't believe it will impact greatly on the story. It's mostly Arthur returning home after Steppenwolf's defeat and that he has his mother's trident.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  8. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    But...no Teen Titans or Nightwing?

9. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I could have gone my entire life without knowing about this.

dp4m likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    As the article noted at the end, it would be good of WB/DC to get a Plastic Man film out before Marvel does once they get Reed Richards and the Fantastic Four back from Fox. The Incredibles 2 really did a great job in showing how awesome stretchy powers are with Elastigirl. The Flash TV show does an okay job with Elongated Man.

In one of the Injustice comic books, someone referred to Plastic Man as one of the most powerful people on the planet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  11. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Love that it's the DiCaprio meme

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This isn't DC (at all), but producer James Gunn and crew are definitely taking shots at the Man of Steel trailer here with sort of an Elseworlds-ish take...

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah I loved that trailer, concept seems to be What if when baby Kal-El arrived he was a complete ****.

Kent's got real lucky there if you think about it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Amy Adams says she's out

Then she immediately followed up with, “I think I’m out of the DC universe now.” Kidman responded with what seemed like shock and Adams replied, “I think they’re revamping that. I don’t know the details.”

To be fair, no one really knows the details.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, I'd be glad to see Adams out of the DC Universe. Not her fault, but her Lois Lane was pretty terribly written and she couldn't do much with it. I don't consider the actors in the MCU or Wonder Woman to be slumming it because those movies are actually good, but I definitely felt like she was slumming it in the DC movies she was in. She's so brilliant, she really needs to not be wasting her time on Lois Lane; she should be doing other, better things. That said, I'm sure she got some pretty good size checks for Lois Lane and I'm all for that; frees her up to do some indies or cheaper movies or whatever.

These last few DC movies are going to just go down in history as some incredibly bad missed chances. I mean, Henry Cavill was perfect for Superman and now he seems to be gone without getting to be in a good one. And they had Amy Adams, one of the best actresses on the planet (or at the Planet hahahahaha I'll see myself out) and they had no idea what to do with her.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just care about Aquaman and Shazam, for now. If they're good, can continue to build, post-Snyder - the "larger picture" plan was zapped when JL failed at the box office.

PymParticles likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Do you think DC will get a clue and use the established TV CW Arrowverse characters that have a large following and put them in a full length feature? Or would you prefer that they remain separate?

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No. Because "large following" does not mean what you think it means.

Diggy and heels1785 like this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    unfortunately, he's right, tony. doesn't always translate, either. marvel's used established film characters on SHIELD, and they're a hair away from cancellation every year with a sub-par product.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    True I don't know what large following means, but I guess the following is "large enough" that the CW shows keep getting renewed and the movies keep failing financially so while I'm not comparing apples to apples, it "feels" like the shows are doing better.

Personally, even though I don't watch the CW shows anymore, I'd rather have Grant Gustin than Ezra Miller in the next Flash movie.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Flash (100th episode): 1.76 million viewers.
    Justice League: 24,949,300 viewers* (just domestically)

* = by ticket sales

The Flash is about $44 million dollars a year to make, and already syndicated. That's small potatoes, my man...

Diggy likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would love to see Grant Gutsin pop up in the Flash movie with Ezra Miller and it actually isn't that hard. Flash runs so fast he can jump dimensions and timelines, there you go.

I watched that there Batman Ninja movie. It was really weird and I like really weird. Like there's time travel and one shot of someone in the past pushing a barrel of coal = Joker can build giant castle transforming robots. And Robin had a monkey sidekick who fell in love and helped him play a tune that made a giant monster made of monkeys. Batman survives a ground zero explosion. There's Four robins in it, Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood who is a nutter. I could go on and on about how weird it is but it is. But the animation was really fluid and different from the usual sometimes static look that DC's animated projects can sometimes look like. There's a moment in the middle where it completely swaps animation styles for something more abstract as we see a "sane" Joker and Harley Quinn that is oddly really moving if jarring visually. Cool performance by Tony Hale as The Joker. Also a whole lot of Gorilla Grood. I watched the english dub cuz I find with animation dubs generally are pretty good, compared to live action dubs which are just really awful but with animation I'd say it's about 80% there - the lip movement isn't as articulate - as opposed to live action dubs which look like 30%. I did enjoy it, it's freakin' twisted.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    This reminds me of a couple of things. I remember when Ezra Miller was cast as The Flash, it upset Stephen Amell because of the timing of the announcement. The announcement rained on Grant Gustin's parade,

Which, leads to the reason why Zack Snyder didn't cast Grant Gustin as The Flash:

Snyder's comment's are both ironic and comical. Ironic, because Justice League ended being a more humorous tone than this previous DCEU films and Ezra Miller's Flash was the comic relief in the film. Moreover, as seasons went on on The Flash TV show, the more melancholy and pensive Grant's Flash became. Snyder's comment is comical because he's doesn't seem to have an understanding of a multi-verse. A multi-verse would make a Grant Gustin Flash possible.

I saw about 90% of this movie before I feel asleep. I never came back to finish the film. I thought it just didn't translate well for the English speaking audience because the characters basically narrate every thought they have and what other characters are doing. For example, there's a scene where Batman is in the batmobile and the Joker is narrating everything Batman is doing while driving the batmobile. And the animation films like it's a Frankenstein of stitched together animation styles and artists. It's just not fluid.

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's why neither AOS or the Defenders characters never made it into "Infinity War" and "Endgame". It was already a tough sell to get TNG to run the Trek film series and more so to have Duncan MacLeod and his friends replace his kinsman, Connor, in the fourth "Highlander" film.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.