main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Chris Messina Joins Warner Bros/DC’s ‘Birds Of Prey’ As Bad Guy Victor Zsasz

2. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    Aquaman has dropped in China and critics are all over the place some love it others hate it sitting at 75 on rt and 53 on metacritic box office wise doing great

It has already earned $118m in its first five days in China (as of Tuesday), so it has either already passed (or will soon pass) the respective Chinese totals of Doctor Strange ($109m), Thor: Ragnarok ($112m), Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($115m), X-Men: Days of Future Past ($116m) and Spider-Man: Homecoming ($116m), X-Men: Apocalypse ($120m) Ant-Man and the Wasp ($121m) and Iron Man 3 ($122m). It’s already the fifth-biggest Hollywood superhero movie ever in China.

3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    The non spoiler review I watched stated that Aquaman is an excellent film, visually stunning, and the best DCEU film since The Dark Knight, even better than Wonder Woman.

Hopefully that's true; looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Master_Lok likes this.
  4. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree with their take.

They surely did a brilliant job with Thanos, especially for his first outing onto the big screen. Can only hope that whoever takes on Darkseid will give him the same level of attention and respect.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    "The more powerful a character is, the more difficult to deal with that character on a narrative level,"

Err, have they not made Captain America more and more powerful?

7. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I don't interpret it as a zero sum appraisal. For one there's a pretty wide chasm between how powerful Superman is verses Captain America, to the extent that I am familiar with him anyway. And if both characters were being limited to solo movies, there might be more to a "well what about Cap" argument but some of the changes that have been made on the movie side have been to give him something more resembling what those he is leading are capable of. And even then he's pulls up far short in a comparison to characters like the Hulk, Thor, Vision, or Wanda.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Cap's power levels in the films are based on what was done with the Ultimate Marvel version, who was physically stronger than his 616 counterpart. Even going so far as being able to hold up against the Hulk. With Superman, the problem isn't his power levels, but the writers imagination. As widely inconsistent the films were, the Reeve films managed to deal with Superman's power levels without issue. They focused on his humanity first and his abilities second. The Cavill films did try that, but it was the execution at times, that was problematic for people.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just finished reading the newest Harley Quinn novel, "Mad Love"; which goes into some detail on her origins and expands the story to the Batman: The Animated Series episode of the same name. It actually features a few chapters towards the middle of the book pretty much laying out the episode scene by scene. But I thought it still is a good read for HQ fans. It was written by Paul Dini, who was her co-creater. There were some cameos from familiar Gotham characters (not just Batman and the Joker).

The one thing about the story's end that appears different than the TV episode's outcome
    Harley tosses the Joker out of his own limo after he picks her up on the way to a Halfway House (was released from Arkham). From then on you get the sense she's through with the Joker; but in the series if I remember correctly she was still with him until the final episodes.

10. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    She always breaks and returns to him...

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But what about the latest batch of comics where she's moved back to Brooklyn?

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    To be fair, 1 out of the 4 TNG movies is considered good-great, and Highlander: Endgame was godawful and made Highlander II look like Citizen Kane.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, I love Victor Zsasz. He's needed a good screen treatment for a while now. I get that it's kind of hard to set him up as the main villain in a superhero comic, because, as I recall, he has no actual powers; he's just a really jacked up serial killer. But I'd love to see them just do a really dark screen take on him. I feel like I don't know much about Chris Messina, but hopefully he's good.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Titans on Netflix in January! Get to see what all the hubbub is about (and also add it to my way to freakin long midseason schedule, ahhhh!)

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Just came from the Prime early showing of Aquaman. I really enjoyed it. Only Jason Momoa could take a character that was considered a joke and look badass even in that bright orange outfit.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In the DCAU, she always went back. In the mainline comics, she finally got tired of him in "The Clown At Midnight", from Batman #663.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Fathom Events:

IN THEATERS JAN 13, JAN 14

The Death of Superman + Reign of the Supermen Double Feature

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I actually saw that advertised before I watched a movie last week. It's funny 'cause just over the weekend I was able to borrow Death of Superman at my local library for the first time.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They'll probably put out a Death/Reign of Superman single movie like they did with DKR so may wait until that.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    She was still a better investigator than "the World's Greatest Detective" tho [face_mischief][face_coffee]

22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, but he doesn't like chocolate.

[​IMG]

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am planning on seeing Aquaman after Christmas with my Entire family we all want to see it!

25. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I guess he's trying to figure out what powers he has in this shot and he's ... trying to talk to fish.

Haha ... I love it!