main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We need Bubba's Reviews! Fourth Fantastic Edition!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm behind on movies as usual. But we re-watched "Poltergeist" last night -- and what a fantastic movie! I'd completely forgotten how awesome JoBeth Williams was in it. I wish she still got work...:(

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    We saw I love you Man. Funny stuff

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I haven't seen anything since Watchmen. There are so many summer movies I want to see. Transformers is doing something on our lot. I also want to see Star Trek I know wrong franchise, but it still looks good to me. Wolverine! And when is HP coming back?

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I saw Knowing, that movie sucked major a$$. It was good up until 2/3 of the way, then it ba-lew. I can't wait for Fast and Furious.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I knew it was going to blow when I saw Nick Cage as the lead!

6. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I really enjoyed Milk. Not a huge Sean Pean fan, but he deserved the Oscar.
    I liked the Wrestler a lot as well. Go Mickey!

7. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Recently had the enjoyment of seeing the best, stripped down, rock band of the 80's
    perform in Las Vegas- Motley Crue.

This was at the Hard Rock Hotel- the last show before closing down their hall- the Joint.

Saturday night, in February, with a crowd of a few thousand and a stripped down stage show that emphasized the bad boy image cultivated since the band rose to prominence in the Shout of the Devil era in 1985, motorcycles gunned their engines and Motley Crue took the stage to play one last show. Crue played an eclectic variety starting with ?Kickstart My Heart? from the more modern Dr. Feelgood era. They then moved into the original classics ?Live Wire?, ?Shout At The Devil? and ?Looks That Kill?, drawing the crowd into a frenzy with Mick Mars impressive guitar solos leading into ?Too Fast For Love.?

The crowd roared as they played the well-known songs from their new album ?Saints of Los Angeles,? highlighting ?Muther *** of the Year,? then Crue ended the night with their biggest hits ?Girls, Girls, Girls? and ?Dr. Feelgood.? They closed The Joint with their encore, the power ballad ?Home Sweet Home,? one of their best known songs and a song that they were advised never to release, as it would ruin their reputation they had cultivated as hell raisers.

As always, they put on an excellent show showcasing Vince Neil?s strong vocals and Tommy Lee?s drumming ability and infectious charisma.

At the end of the night, Neil paid homage to the rock royalty that has graced the stage of The Joint over the past 13 years, including Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, The Ramones and Guns ?N Roses.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I know those songs, but I'm afraid that all that I know are those songs.

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    My old friend is going to drive in from Vegas to watch Star Trek with me! We've seen the last bunch of ST movies together and she's a huge fan (not size, just loves the franchise). I'm really excited about it.

SR, HP comes out July 19th. That's going to be aweseome!

Don't hate me but I kind of want to see Adventureland. It looks kind of fun.

10. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Well "Milk" is on PPV this week so we finally get to see that (maybe tonight). Woo!

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I never got to see Milk but it looked interesting. Perhaps I'll catch it on PPV or just wait until it's on regular DirecTV.

12. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Why would you watch a movie about something that happened in real life? Recently?
    Go to the movies to escape man.

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I saw Milk. It was really good, but like CBM said, it's too dramatic and ultimately sad. It's not the reason why I go to movies. I go to escape, that's why I like Star Wars and Fast and Furious.

14. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I really enjoyed I Love You Man too. I DEFINITELY want to see Adventurelandsince it has to do with theme parks.

I saw Billy Joel and Elton John at the Pond Monday night. It was amazing! I'd seen them a few years back and didn't remember a lot of it, so this was great.

JY got us great seats, close to the stage and near the floor. Speaking of the stage, the stage was really cool. Lots of LED lights and the pianos rose out of the stage. They seem to do this tour quite a bit, so if you're a fan of either, you should definitely go next time around.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Were they sharing the bill? That's pretty neat. I used to be really mad at Elton John because I liked Billy Joel more and EJ always beat Billy Joel in the rankings.

I want to see I Love You Man. Maybe this weekend...

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    DH - that's really funny because I used to feel just the opposite: I felt that Billy Joel was just an Elton wannabe! [face_laugh]

I don't go to the movies to escape - I just go for entertainment, which can be as simple as a good story (happy or sad) well told. Actually I hardly ever "go" to the movies...I watch them on satellite, or netflix 'em. Not much investment, so if I find I'm not liking something it's easy enough to switch it off and watch something else! Great times we live in! [face_dancing]

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I like a good story too which is why I can't always see movies with the family because they often like the escape part.

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I want to see I Love You Man also. One of my childhood friends' wife is in that movie. I've never met her though.

19. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    is your friend married to Jaime Pressly? :eek:

[image=http://videodetective.com/photos/881/037040_42.jpg]

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
  21. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I like Jaime Presley. But more so, I like the one who plays Catalina.

[image=http://www.tvscoop.tv/catalina.jpg]

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    We finally recently saw "Atonement." Blech. Kiera Knightly's shoulder blades are gonna poke somebody's eye out one day, mark my words.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I read the book and found it to be "bleah". Kiera is way too skinny. It's unnatural. I don't know any of those people.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I laughed out loud on that JB.

25. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'll admit I LOLed myself! [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.