main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We need you! Volunteer for the FF/JC table - Get colors! - ALL VOLUNTEERS PLEASE READ RECENT POSTS

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So FanForce/Jedi Council has been approved to have a table in the fanhall. We have great plans for the banners and other things, but we can't do anything without volunteers manning the table. This is where all of you come in.

How do I sign up?
    Go to this spreadsheet and edit your username and real name into an empty cell.

The shifts are one hour long, but I really encourage everyone to sign up for 2 hours at the time, one hour is really short.

Is it difficult?
    No! Basically you sit at the table and when people come you tell them how fun it is to be a member either of your local FF or at the forums. You don't need to know the contact info for every FF chapter around the globe, rather it's important to just show what FanForce/Jedi Council is about.

Do I get anything for volunteering?
    You will get a great time. I'm one of those people who spend almost more time at the table than anywhere else. Most of the time people show up and present who they are on the boards and you get to talk to a lot of people you have only met online before.

All volunteers will also get VIP-ship on the boards.

Also I understand that people might want to wait for signing up until they know the rest of the Celebration Schedule, but please sign up as soon as possible.

If both spots are already filled on a time when you want to sit you can sign up as a back-up and come to the table anyway to see if any help is needed.

2. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    I'll volunteer for the table, if I'm able to go. :p

But yeah, I'd probably have fewer panels and guests I'd be dying to see than most people.

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i just tried the link and it no worky

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Weird. I was able to open it up earlier today, but now it says:

"We're sorry.

We're sorry, an unknown error has occurred loading your spreadsheet."

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yep that is the error i got too!

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Hmm, strange. For me if it doesn't work the first time I click it works if I open it in a new tab or window.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I plan to spend 99% of my free time at the table, like always! I don't know my volunteer schedule yet so I can't sign up for specific times. Thanks for organizing this Obi Anne :D :D

8. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Hi there! This isn't me volunteering, but I was wondering if any of you minded if I came around the table at different points and asked some interview questions? I volunteer at a local college radio station here in Alaska, and will be interviewing random fans about Star Wars and such. Don't know the exact questions yet, but figured I'd see how you all felt about it before I just suddenly appeared at the table. [face_peace]

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    So far it's just me and Grimby chillin at the table.

How you doing, Grimby? [face_batting]

10. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Frieda, myself, and Thingy are waiting to see when the Lucas time is going to be announced.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'll certainly be volunteering but I would like to wait and see the schedule.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'll volunteer time, but it does say that I'm not allowed to access that spreadsheet.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    That probably wouldn't be a problem. There should be a ton of people hanging out there at various points.

14. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Will to help out when I can. After the schedule is announced and I know when I'm doing the autograph hall, volunteer time I will sign up for a time.

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Try refreshing the page when it says that. It worked for me.

16. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Same here. :p

17. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I signed up for some shifts. The first time I went to the spreadsheet page it gave me that error, but refreshing the screen got past it.

18. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I would like to volunteer some of my time, but I want to know what the schedule is like first..especially since I'm volunteering with Anne at Official Pix (if she pick me, which I REALLY hope she does) so I'm going to wait for that schedule so that I don't have any conflicts. :)

19. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

I'd be happy to volunteer for a couple of shifts. Will wait for a general schedule like most others. I'm sure we'll find people to fill the time slots.

20. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    signed up from 3-5 on friday. you know, if i'm reading this military time correctly.

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Great thank you. :)

22. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Worked by doing that. As it's looking sparse now, I'll be back to put down for some hours once there's a proper schedule out. Expect something between 4-6 hours from me, give or take.

23. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I signed up for 3-5 on Friday as well. I may only be able to do an hour, but we shall see.

24. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Just signed up for a couple shifts. :D

Some questions, though: I have no experience/knowledge of FanForce, but I do have quite a bit of familiarity with various parts of the Jedi Council Forums. Will that be alright? Also, will I be able to change my schedule if it turns out something comes up during the times that I signed up for my shift(s)?

Thanks! And this should be fun. [face_mischief]

25. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    If history is any indication, Fan Force groups will have fliers and the like, so that helps quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.