main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We were having technical problems. The server did not auto-reboot as usual.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Raven, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Both the stars and your icon keep going back and forth. Some times they are there, sometimes not.

2. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    OK, sorry I am late.

The entire TFN Staff have been notified and I hope to have some more information to post here soon as far. Maybe it is a server upgrade or some issue they were aware of but did not know it would affect the message boards. I am really not sure.

One of the servers is still fine as you see images on the main site are still ok. Server 2 obviously is having problems. Hopefully this will be corrected soon and we can resume images features on the boards.

Grilled

3. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Ok I don't know what you did but don't do anything else. Ever time I try to go to the mian part of the boards I get sent to the mian page of TF.net.

4. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Ok I don't know what you did but don't do anything else. Ever time I try to go to the mian part of the boards I get sent to the mian page of TF.net.

No idea what the problem is there. I'll try to figure that one out in the morning, after I write an exam at 8:30am. :)

5. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    No idea what the problem is there. I'll try to figure that one out in the morning, after I write an exam at 8:30am.

Ok it seems to be working know. But really just don't go massing with any thing else for a bit. Weird things start to happen.

6. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    Whos idea was it to bring the stars back?

7. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Ravens. :) I like it

8. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Whos idea was it to bring the stars back?

Blame me. :)

9. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Sad how Bertocci was the only person from Fanfilms here. I figured there'd be a lot more of them. Oh well, I can get to know other people. People from the outside....

So, I don't suppose we can get fanfilms up and running?

10. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Raven get ready of the icon it is not showing up. :p

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I like this better actually.

E_S

12. GavinKelly

GavinKelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2004
    While we're waiting patiently, can we have the Oregon FanForce boards back?

13. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Add new stuff before we get then old all straightened out? ?[face_plain]
    Cool. :p

14. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    This is sorta like the server problems Fan Films had some time back. Not cool.

:(

15. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    i miss my icon.

phillip wise is an @#%^#&^$

my feet hurt.

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    oooh, stars!

Can we have ice cream, too? :p

17. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Cool!

The stars!

-Krystal

18. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Raven, no I'm not British. Simply because I used the word "trousers" I get labelled a nationality that I truly despise since they beat us in the Rugby World Cup Final last year using a method of play that is not only boring to watch and as predictable as a Val Kilmer film flopping at the box office, but by being a one man team that they can't possibly win without, who uses his phenominal kicking skills to cow opposition teams into submission. Go and play soccer Jonny Wilkinson, I say. Leave Rugby to those who like to run the ball and score tries. Bring back running Rugby and leave the field goals to the likes of David Beckham. If it hadn't been raining on the night of the Final then the Australian team would have had the opportunity to wear down the English in the heat, but oh no, it had to be cold and wet didn't it. The weather's been hot and dry for months and months and months but just when something as critically important as the Rugby World Cup Final comes around, down comes the rain. Not that I'm complaining about the rain, I mean we need it after the drought that we've just been going through. Honestly it's been as dry as a nun's nasty for so long here the dam levels are at below 50% and I'm not allowed to water the lawn or wash my car due to the water restrictions and my grass is all dead and my car is dirty and dusty and the price of food has gone up because production levels of vegetables and meat on farms have dropped and it costs a fortune just to have your meat and three veg for dinner. At this rate we are going to have to start importing basic commodities and essentials and that's going to blow out the current account defecit to enormous proportions and then where wil we be?

19. rogue_09

Jul 2, 2003
    This is sorta like the server problems Fan Films had some time back. Not cool.

When was this? Must have been before my time....

This is like people stuck in an elevator in a blackout. Anyone got any cards?

20. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Server Upgrade?

Vbulletin forums were upgraded to version 3.0.0 too.

Any cool additions with the IGN board upgrade?

21. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I just remember some time ago when downloads were like 5kb a second and there was a temporary revolving server.

22. rogue_09

Jul 2, 2003
    Fun stuff.

Hey, fanfilmers could post links to their films. That would give people something to do until everything's back!

23. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I'm seein' stars! Woohoo! :D

24. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    is there a list on which boards are back, and which ones are still down? I know that the YJCC and the fanfic boards are back, but fansites and others are still down...

25. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    i miss my icon.

phillip wise is an @#%^#&^$

my feet hurt.

Phillip Wise is seeking revenge by taking away our icons and making your feet hurt. Makes perfect sense to me. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.