main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga We Were Here. (Dear Diary 2009)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MeleanaKenobi, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeleanaKenobi

MeleanaKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    Title: We were here
    Author: MeleanaKenobi
    Time frame: Order 66
    Notes: This is for Dear Diary Challenge 2009 http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/29588737/p5/?115
    This includes an OC I recently created for my first story on this board. If you'd like to see where she starts out that story can be found here http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/29472096/p1/
    I went from writing her as a Padawan to an adult. Lets see if I really know this OC well enough yet...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Log entry 1:

Almost everyone I know is dead. No reason not to just come out and say it. All of my friends are dead. My family is dead. The Jedi are dead. As far as I know every one of them that isn?t on this ship with me is dead. I wish I understood what was happening. Why did this happen? I have a ship full of younglings looking to me for answers and all I want to do is cry for the rest of my life. I watched my friend kill my fellow Jedi. Our fellow Jedi. What reason could anyone possibly have to do something so horrible? What justification could any sane person possibly have?
    I just watched as I ran away. I?d like to think I ran for the sake of the younglings I had with me. I?m not going to go back alone to test myself. Everyone is dead by now anyway. I should be crying. Why can?t I seem to cry. I locked myself up in here so they wouldn?t see me cry and now I can?t do it. I?m just writing. I?ve got seven little children and one oddly calm teenager sitting outside waiting for me and I am just writing nonsense.
    I guess I just want there to be some record of us incase we don?t make it. I just hope this ship has enough fuel to get us to the outer rim. At he very least we?ll need to refuel there and get supplies. I don?t know what to do from there. I feel like all my years of Jedi experience just flew out the door. Maybe all the Jedi really are gone, even the ones still clinging to life.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I like the tie in with another fic.

PM me with updates please.

3. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Oh, this is so sad. I liked the part about how she felt that her Jedi training just flew out the door. That's so true whenever you're in a tough situation.

I can't wait to see how this turns out. Keep up the good work!

4. MeleanaKenobi

Jun 28, 2002
    Log entry 2:

Cail is an amazing Padawan. I?m lucky to have him. At this point I may be the only Jedi left with a Padawan. He?s fifteen and through this whole thing he?s been a rock. He?s lost everything, and he?s sitting out there now bouncing one of the younglings on his knee telling them all stories. Most of them are to young to understand what?s going on. That?s a small blessing.
    I finally figured out where we?re headed. Nar Shaddaa. It?s the farthest place we can get to before this thing runs out of fuel. I?ll have to make things quick. Hopefully I can get the ships ID changed and some clothes for all of us that don?t scream Jedi. As long as there isn?t a bounty out for this ship already we should be fine for a few hours.
    I want to try contacting people. I need to know who else is still out there, but any transmissions could endanger all of us. Maybe I?ll find a solution to this on Nar Shaddaa. After all they do have a reputation for sneakiness. It?s not a place I?d ever thought I?d bring a ship full of younglings.

5. MeleanaKenobi

Jun 28, 2002
    Log entry 3:

Nar Shaddaa didn?t go quiet as well as I?d expected. Maybe it went exactly as I?d expected. How easy did I really think all of this was going to be? I?m just lying to myself. Yes the Jedi are all dead the galaxy is in turmoil but just keep that smile on and everything will be fine! I always was an optimistic idiot. You know what? I liked being an optimistic idiot! I liked being the one to tell everyone everything would be fine against all odds. That was great! What I don?t like is feeling as though everything that I stood for, everything that I am means nothing now. Worse still just being myself will get me killed.
    So Edea Drestar is dead. Who am I? I didn?t give anyone on Nar Shaddaa any name at all. I used a few Jedi mind tricks to get what I needed. The ship has a new ID. I attracted to much attention to myself. It doesn?t matter if a bounty is out on the ship or not. We?re more valuable than this hunk of junk. No one is looking for the ship. They are looking for us. Now they know where we were. We won?t be able to stop again for a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.