main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weather In Indy In April

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by VaderFanForever, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey all! I'd like to know what the weather is like in Indinapolis in April. I plan on wearing my Vader costume, but don't want to get drenched waiting in line to get into the ICC! Can anyone who lives in Indy kind of give me an example of the weather? That would be great! Thanks so much!

2. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    if you do a search on the internet you can find a wealth of information on average precipitation, temperatures, etc etc for almost every major city
    try looking on theweathernetwork.com

if you're worried about getting wet, just pack an umbrella

3. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey, it's Indiana. Wait 5 minutes and the weather'll change.

Sincerely it's done everything in April. It's later in the month so it'll probably not snow, but it averages in the 60s.

4. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    That's good to hear Hofie! Now at least I know I won't be boiling in my Vader costume!!

5. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    you can go to weather.com to get the average temp for the month of April.

6. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    if it's anything similar to last time, we'll have beautiful weather, semi-cold in the morning so you'll be glad to have a sith cape on your back but hot enough in the afternoon to pack your anakin ghost costume ;)

Indy was like the moon to me (not that I've ever actually been to the moon) in the shade it was cool and in the sun it was hot.

those skywalks were something in the afternoon.

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    So you are saying we are going to see a lot of Skywalkers at the convention?

8. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Ba dum bum

Thank you, Woofer will be here all nite. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

9. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    The weather last Celebration was fantastic. If you were in a Vader costume, you'd melt.

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Living in Indiana, I can back up the fact that the weather changes every 5 minutes. Earlier this morning the sky turned dark and it looked like rain, and merely 5 minutes later I looked out and the sky had cleared up and the sun was out. :p

11. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    We're used to that enough where we live :)

12. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    good rain would not be good for a possible costume i want to go in

13. OC47150

OC47150 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2004
    For exploring downtown Indy, a light jacket will be enough.

But remember, we have stores in Indiana, too!

14. Dark_side_fatty

Dark_side_fatty Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2002
    Right, but the entire factor of last year's celebration weather was dependant on the passage of a strong cold front. I think a particualry bad storm hit Terra Heut (sp?) a day or so prior.

I was unlucky enough to catch the front on the way up and got caught in a supercell. Lotso hail and a funnel cloud.

It is currently unknown as to what kind of weather we'll see in Indy next year, however, when information becomes available be sure to check The National Weather Service's office based out of Indianapolis. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ind/

If I had to venture a guess, baised on my knowledge of Mid-Western Severe Weather outbreaks, if indeed there was a severe weather event, it would last for 1-2 days. In recent years, however, the worst outbreaks in the region have been *I think* in the last week of April-May. Typical.

Indy guys correct me if I'm wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.