main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Weather/Natural Disaster Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Skywalker8921, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    I live a part of the US with the most dramatic temperature shifts.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Drops well below zero F at night, then after dawn and into the afternoon might rise to late 30s, early 40s.

My kitchen has a leak. The sun melts the snow, then next thing I know my ceiling is pissing. I'd call that a disaster.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Boston area over here. My neighbors plowing out their driveway. I gave up on mine. Gonna wait for my landlord to plow us out. Our street hasn't seen a city plow since noon (apparently there are covid shortages)

Those brick pillars are already on top of a brick wall. I think we got at least 24".
    [​IMG]

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    We had snow inside the house![face_laugh] The screen door blew open and a little mound piled up beyond the storm door behind the screen door.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I know and it’s best when there are never any snow days as for plenty of families. Both parents work and on top of that they can’t just hire a sitter Willy nilly.

6. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    [​IMG]

That's me being sarcastic...

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    About maybe 4 to 6 inches here. And that's ontop of whatever didn't melt in the last week from last weekend's storm.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am on New England. It was pretty bad. I was out walking this morning and my hair froze almost immediately. Luckily the college had been out plowing the whole day. But yea lot of snow.

9. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    I live in the North East US. When I was a kid it snowed like this all the time. That was just winter. And they NEVER cancelled school, not even when the power went out. We had to go in for four hours, and then had early dismissal. And it used to get a LOT colder. I remember one morning while we were waiting for the school bus, a girl's hair froze, and kids were breaking it off in pieces. Another year it snowed so much, there was nowhere to put it all. We had 8 ft + drifts. There was an ice storm in the 70's that knocked out the electric for over a month. The water in the toilets froze solid. I don't understand why everyone wets their drawers over a little snow storm, these days.

Sarge and Jedimarine like this.
  10. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Truth.

I wore snow shoes to school.

Once...and for a project...and there was hardly any snow...but it is true story I can say.

BlueYogurt likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My CT friend used a neighbor's snow blower to clean out a few driveways in his complex this morning. I think he's earned his beer today.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Just a few inches here in Maine, and it's light, dry, and fluffy. We didn't get the blizzard winds that the forecast said either, so no trouble here.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Is there a gutter on the outside near where the leak is? If so it might need cleaning. My upstairs neighbor had a leak and cleaning the gutters fixed it.

Sarge likes this.
  14. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    The pictures and videos I see are so awesome. I will never see that amount of snow in my life down here.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I did 5 hours of shoveling last night:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rew, Jedimarine, Fifi Kenobi and 4 others like this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Went out of the city today. Had to take a longer road due to the amount of trees that had fallen over the roads.

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Wow. [:D]

18. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Nice thinking. I'll ask a neighbor for a ladder.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  19. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    YEs, check for ice dam. Look it up on You tube as well. Lots of good DYI house repair info.

20. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    [​IMG]

The Storm is over. Life goes on.

Fifi Kenobi and PCCViking like this.
  21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Phew….. spring storms starting off with a fn bang. Under a 7 on Torcon.

Oh how I dread these storms. They can be some of the scariest weather events to go through.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I heard New Orleans just got hit by a bad tornado

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Eruption in The Philippines south of Manila. Taal lake to be specific

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Tornado warning where I am at the moment (Columbia, SC). Currently posting from a windowless room inside my house. Warning is until 6:15. Hope it misses us!

But there have been a bunch of spotted tornadoes throughout the state this afternoon. No word on damage yet.

heels1785 likes this.